It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS Survey: Origins & Evolution

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I think that was there as part of the extraterrestrial design thingie. I think I was neutral on that one.

That was not how I took it at all. This survey left out a growing number of people who believe precisely in intervention, as it is the key to understanding evolution. Those of us who do believe this theory feel that evolution works, for animals but not for humans.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
You really are going to town with profiling your members with all these surveys recently, on most other websites I would think it was for targeted advertising.....but on ATS, it makes me wonder

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by theshepherd2

I was kind of dissapointed to find there isn't any questions asking you if an intelligent life form from another planet helped shape us in some way. Other than that, this is a cool idea for a thread and I'm interested to see the results.

Starred.

You very simply summed up the reply I had in mind...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Where was the option to vote for Ron Paul?!

All kidding aside, the questions were put together very well. Cool survey.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
Where was the option to vote for Ron Paul?!

All kidding aside,

Wait, are you saying then that Ron Paul didn't create the universe? 0o

I mean...he is old enough...just sayin.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Most of the answers in this poll were neutral for me ,
because we don't have positive concrete proof how it all went down.

None of us here were around millenia ago ,right?

Most have yet to study into this properly to find our right truths.
Some might think they have ,some might have. I don't know.

Its a good poll though. Well structured

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Its good that this survey exists, and I cannot wait to find out what the results say . Personaly as a Christian, people have expected me to align myself with the purely religious angle on evolution and origin of our species.

I personaly do not believe that belief in the scientific evidence, and its conclusions, is mutualy exclusive when arrayed against the idea of an evolving biosphere.

One thing I would say is that where the question about the amount of time mankind has been in existance for in one form or another is concerned, its a tough question to be precise about for two reasons. First of all , there are several ways to interpret what counts as straight up humanity, and what constitutes an advanced ape.
Second of all, every now and again there are discoveries that appear to change our understanding of the timeline of our evolution. Ice preserved corpses, mummified remains, evidence of advanced medical practices and understanding much earlier in our history (which I learned about right here on an old thread) than previously understood.... all these things add up to a very difficult problem, and the sensible comentator, would refuse to give an iron shod answer, until we can say for sure that there is nothing more to learn about our origins.

Other than that, nice job .

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

This was difficult for Me to answer... It was very "black and white" - Humans were created by "supernatural being" or evolved.

The third possibility is that in part They evolved, and were given Their Beinghood by extraterrestrials. I have found enough evidence to suggest this is the most likely scenario.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
hmm, anatomical modern humans are 250,000 years old, but I thought the subspecies we all are are something like 70,000-50,000 years old?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Interesting and good survey.
I found it difficult to use "strongly" on anything considering there are a lot of factors involved, and being one without belief, to strongly agree or disagree means you somehow have "supernatural" knowledge.

So, I am willing to bet (a very small sum) that creationists will have more spikes in the strongly disagree catagory than evolutionists have in the strongly agree catagory (if people use evolution as it should be, a pointer verses a religion)...but ya, interested in the results overall.

Nice one.

It is a good survey. Finally snookered me in. As always with multiple choice it's hard for me to be so limited. However, to your point, I'm a believer and had more neutrals than any one of the other.

In my opinion the theory of evolution is flawed and yet it does add to our knowledge of how 'creation' happened. I'm younger earth (than evolutions hypothesis) so-to-speak but not young earth.

Science findings in DNA and the Human Genome seem to be shedding more light on the holes in the theory and producing conclusions that to many edge ever closer to design.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

eh. Evidence? Unless you have a time machine, it's just indirect evidence, and not specifically 100% sure to be. Did you see Slayer's recent thread? It's perfectly possible that another species of man (there were at least half a dozen) could have done any of the anomalies out there. Hell the presence of those other half dozen species of man begs to question just how intelligent these so-called alien creators were?

Beinghood? What does that even mean? Every decade it seems they invent a new term to try and distance group a from group b. We're all slobbering primates, born and dead on the same word, for now.
edit on 26-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: le spelling

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

This was difficult for Me to answer... It was very "black and white" - Humans were created by "supernatural being" or evolved.

The third possibility is that in part They evolved, and were given Their Beinghood by extraterrestrials. I have found enough evidence to suggest this is the most likely scenario.

Did you find any evidence on who created the extraterrestrials?

edit on 26-8-2011 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
reply to post by theshepherd2

I was kind of dissapointed to find there isn't any questions asking you if an intelligent life form from another planet helped shape us in some way. Other than that, this is a cool idea for a thread and I'm interested to see the results.

Starred.

You very simply summed up the reply I had in mind...

to the both of you. I was thinking the exact same thing while taking this survey.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
I took your Survey but you left out one thing...
to we native americans and our beliefs... we humans were brought here... All tribes have their own origin mythology so depending on the tribe this is anywhere form the third to fifth planet we humans and been brought too....

...the above does not apply to the beliefs of my indigenous ancestors... i know some ndns whose ancestors believed as you do but they never presumed to speak for other people's indigenous ancestors because to do so is disrespectful and evidence of how deeply forced assimilation has affected some...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I answered Neutral on all of them, except the last question which I strongly agreed they do not contradict each other.

The reason I answered neutral was because I do not know either way. And since I was not alive back then to observe first hand, I know that we don't know for sure yet.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I dunno.

My beliefs have been a mixture of the two "Creation and Evolution" I feel the fossil record is evidence of how a Supreme infinite being went about his business on his terms and time frame. Utilizing everything he had created in the process... Never mind what we think.

For example:

"The origins of life on planet earth are the result of a combination of terrestrial chemical and energy circumstances, defined by the science of abiogenesis, hundreds of millions years ago."

And

"The origins of life on planet earth are the result of organic molecules, or other primitive life forms, being brought to the primordial earth through comets or other extraterrestrial matter impacting the planet."

----All of which was set in motion by God----

So as you can see I'm way the hell outside the box on this one deep in left field.

BIG FAT ETA:

The science of biological evolution does not contradict belief in a "supernatural entity," and merely helps to identify the means by which such an entity would ensure the creation of a diverse and vibrant planet.

edit on 26-8-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
The reason I answered neutral was because I do not know either way. And since I was not alive back then to observe first hand, I know that we don't know for sure yet.

You were not alive when Isaac Newton described gravity and the resulting Laws of Motion. Does this mean you do not believe in gravity?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Wait, are you saying then that Ron Paul didn't create the universe? 0o

I mean...he is old enough...just sayin.

Funny you should ask...

August 26, 2011. With the daily barrage of negative data and poll numbers Americans receive each day, the country’s politicians can take some comfort in knowing that even God is having a hard time pleasing His constituents. While reviewing today’s latest poll numbers from AP, we at Whiteout Press decided to do a little research. We don’t know if it’s funny or disturbing that out of all of Congress and the White House, there are only two whose approval rating is higher than their disapproval rating – God and Ron Paul.
www.whiteoutpress.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Amaterasu

eh. Evidence? Unless you have a time machine, it's just indirect evidence, and not specifically 100% sure to be. Did you see Slayer's recent thread? It's perfectly possible that another species of man (there were at least half a dozen) could have done any of the anomalies out there. Hell the presence of those other half dozen species of man begs to question just how intelligent these so-called alien creators were?

Sumerian Tablets, the Vimanas, the Dogon, a multitude of strange archaeological objects, and even The Terra Papers - which give a more plausible story than the Sumerian Tablets as to the lead up to Our creation on a genetic level and why the gold had to be mined. I think the Sumerian Population was - as We are today - lied to.

Beinghood? What does that even mean?

By My definition, a Being (cap the "B") is One who can ask for rights or by proxy anOther of the species may do so.

Every decade it seems they invent a new term to try and distance group a from group b.

Um... That would be Human and ET Beings from the plants and animals We husband and watch in nature... Is there a problem with that?

We're all slobbering primates, born and dead on the same word, for now.

Speak for Yourself, My dear. [smile] Humans are a noble Race of Beings on the whole, and though the media hype the exceptions, giving a perception that most of Us are wretched, the fact is that most of Us are good, caring, struggling, honest Beings. We are worthy of better than the enslavement We live under.
edit on 8/26/2011 by Amaterasu because: I failed tags again

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Having debated this topic to no end on ATS I too am interested to see the results, many people are lurking but are not vocal. But they will participate in this.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join