Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

New ATS Survey: Origins & Evolution

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
After our two previous polls that focused somewhat on political ideology, we thought it time to "lighten things up" and run a survey on a subject that would spark much less controversy: Origins and Evolution. All sarcasm aside, the issue of "creationism" versus the science of biological evolution has become of increasing importance here in the United States, and in other countries. Several difference sources often quite a wide range of opinion from an incredible number of polls and surveys on the science and the beliefs. Even political candidates are making their belief in creationism known within public comments and debate.

So with that in mind, it makes sense to launch a three-page survey, with four questions on each page, that take you through a logical progression of thought on the origins of the universe, our planet, life, and homo sapiens. This one could get interesting!

ATS Survey: Origins & Evoluion

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Thank you for making such a survey. I don't know about everybody else, but I know that I have certainly been curious about the makeup of such beliefs here on ATS for quite sometime. Great idea!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I almost suggested this poll myself. I can not wait for the results, should be very enlightening as to the consensus around ATS's corner of the tubes. I'm thinking that the vocal minority will not be able to skew these results.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I took part in this one.

At the end I received the message

Origins and Evolution

Thank you for taking our survey on Internet privacy and advertising. The results will be posted on May 19th.

I take it that the results will be posted slightly earlier?

edit on 26-8-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
At the end of the survey it says the results will be shown on May 19th ????

Ooops I see that some else has noted it too but will leave this as reinforcement!
edit on 26/8/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Questions are very nicely put together. Good survey and one I enjoyed partaking in.

Liking the survey system as well, brings up some interesting demographics. Is the raw survey data available to us mere mortals?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The date survey results are to be posted is currently evolving.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Oh

This one is gonna be interesting.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
The date survey results are to be posted is currently evolving.

They should have made the date December 21st 2012.

That would have spawned a whole lot of new ATS conspiracy threads

edit on 26-8-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I was kind of dissapointed to find there isn't any questions asking you if an intelligent life form from another planet helped shape us in some way. Other than that, this is a cool idea for a thread and I'm interested to see the results.

Off topic- breaking bad is a great show
just started season 4

link   
Interesting and good survey.
I found it difficult to use "strongly" on anything considering there are a lot of factors involved, and being one without belief, to strongly agree or disagree means you somehow have "supernatural" knowledge.

So, I am willing to bet (a very small sum) that creationists will have more spikes in the strongly disagree catagory than evolutionists have in the strongly agree catagory (if people use evolution as it should be, a pointer verses a religion)...but ya, interested in the results overall.

Nice one.

link   
I took your Survey but you left out one thing...
to we native americans and our beliefs... we humans were brought here... All tribes have their own origin mythology so depending on the tribe this is anywhere form the third to fifth planet we humans and been brought too....

wasnt an option on your poll...
youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by theshepherd2
I was kind of dissapointed to find there isn't any questions asking you if an intelligent life form from another planet helped shape us in some way. Other than that, this is a cool idea for a thread and I'm interested to see the results.

Off topic- breaking bad is a great show
just started season 4

I think that was there as part of the extraterrestrial design thingie.

I think I was neutral on that one.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Oh boy!

The results should be very interesting for sure...

Its not a topic I reply on, but I do find it very enlightening to read up on

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Just took it and thought it was much better than previous surveys I've looked at on here.

I liked the way you didn't force the participant to necessarily have to get into an either/or thinking "box" with many of the questions.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Actually, one question I would have been interested in is, the cremo theory...that mankind has risen and fallen over and over for billions of years now (mankind, or just an intelligent race of some sort). Its a interesting senario.

Maybe a survey in the future about hidden history or some such...the past wiped out by TPTB in order to create a short narration or some such...donno, the subject fascinates me though.

Also, a checklist of the typical conspiracy beliefs...bigfoot, lochness monster, reptilian skinjobs, etc...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
I took your Survey but you left out one thing...
to we native americans and our beliefs... we humans were brought here... All tribes have their own origin mythology so depending on the tribe this is anywhere form the third to fifth planet we humans and been brought too....

wasnt an option on your poll...
youtu.be...

And now you know why creationism isn't taught in schools

a million different "hypothesis's" and only one trail showing proof (evolution)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Input added SkepticOverlord. Cool survey

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Thank you for including Question 12. I've always thought evolution could've been the means by which God created us. Nothing in any scripture says how God created Adam and all the beasts and the plants, just that Adam was built out of the dust of the earth. Amoeba are built from dust too. God has all the time in the universe to wait for something like evolution to produce results, and if evolution was the best method TO produce human beings, why wouldn't God use it as a tool to make us, huh? Yet everyone's so sure that only one or the other can be correct... and I think the reason for that is that people all want to be right. If everyone's right, nobody wins and nobody loses, and some people don't want that. They want to make others look stupid because it makes themselves look smarter, not for the advancement of science or theology. Science and theology are simply two vantage points from which we observe the exact same thing: our creator. As soon as people wrap their heads around that truth, we'll all be a lot better off, and the advancement of pure, true knowledge can finally proceed. After all; how likely were we to ever develop communication satellites while we believed the Earth was flat, hmm?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
A nicely thought out survey. Unbiased and covered a lot of ground in just a few questions

I wish more surveys were like this one

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join