It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog mourns at casket of fallen Navy SEAL

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I've read this story about 7 times over the last 2 days & I still have to hold back the emotions. This is a fellow Iowan...even though I don't know him personally it still seems to hit home a little closer. I just don't think we all realize how many great people have been lost to the war. The man was also a great friend to his dog...Hawkeye. Great read on how a dog can really be a man's best friend.

Navy SEAL Jon Tumilson lay in a coffin, draped in an American flag, in front of a tearful audience mourning his death in Afghanistan. Soon an old friend appeared, and like a fellow soldier on a battlefield, his loyal dog refused to leave him behind.

Tumilson’s Labrador retriever, Hawkeye, was photographed lying by Tumilson’s casket in a heart-wrenching image taken at the funeral service in Tumilson’s hometown of Rockford, Iowa, earlier this week. Hawkeye walked up to the casket at the beginning of the service and then dropped down with a heaving sigh as about 1,500 mourners witnessed a dog accompanying his master until the end, reported CBS.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5f94676e0114.jpg[/atsimg]

This is Jon Tumilson. You are many of the thousands of hero's that have gone unnoticed. I thank you Jon for being the man you are and for keeping my family safe.

Rest of Story

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Its touching and all and terrible how the soldier died...but if you watch the video, its a 3 second loop played over and over with some speculating that it was staged. I don't know if I believe the staged part but it does seem odd that if the dog really went up there on his own and laid down that they would only take a 3 second snippet and repeat it over and over and over to make the video longer.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
This actually brought a tear to my eye. Dogs can sense things we humans close our minds too as we grow older.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Your a bit late, already posted yesterday:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Love dogs. Not so keen on seals..

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Your a bit late, already posted yesterday:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes. It was.

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you

-thread closed-

top topics

join