It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm scared for my freedom.....(caution, some strong language)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Back in Feb. of 09', my room mate at the time and another friend were at my house drinking. After a case of beer and probably half of a 5th of vodka later, we decided to go to the local strip club. On the way out there, my then room mate asks my other friend that was driving to stop by a certain house so he could see about getting his playstation 3 and a bunch of games that his ex had kept when they broke up. We pull up to the residence and my then room mate asked us to come with him. So I grab the bottle of vodka and follow him up to the door. The room mate as well as my other friend were the ones that knocked on the door as the porch was not big enough for all 3 of us to stand on. Some guy answered the door and the room mate said "I need to talk to ______ to see if I can get my stuff back." The guy says "She isn't here right now, come back when she is" then my other friend who was drunk as a skunk said "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Get the [snip] outta the way!" and pushed him to the side and he as well as the room mate walk right in and order the guy as well as his deaf friend that was there to "sit down." I'm still outside at this point looking in and I start yelling to the guys with me that this is none of my business and I don't want [snip] to do with it. It looked as if my friend was gonna hit one of them so I asked the dude that answered the door if I could come in to help quell the situation and told him I am not a part of this and I did not want to hurt him or take anything as it was none of my business. He said "yeah, you can come in." So I go in and immediately tell my drunken friend to back off and that he wasn't going to hit anyone or he was going to deal with me. I then started writing to the deaf guy who was freaking out at this point. I listed my name, number, and address, in a notebook that he had. I also told them that if they did call the cops, to send them my way and I would tell them what happened.

By the time my then room mate was done ransacking the room in which is stuff was in, I was laughing and taking shots with the guy that answered the door. This is over the course of an hour or so. A few months later, my then room mate and I had made a series of stupid youtube videos talking about random nonsense and this was one of the things brought up in the video. He laughed and bragged how he "[snip]ed that room up." I in the video basically just said the same thing that I'm writing right here on this post.

Now fast forward to march of this year.....I get a visit from a detective in which he states that I have been accused of a strong arm robbery and that I needed to go with him for questioning to the police station. Mind you this is 2 YEARS LATER....... I had NO idea what in the hell he was talking about so I went. When we got there, he starts talking about this incident and the youtube video that he had gotten a copy of saved to cd. I told him the whole story about everything that happened down to the last detail. I told him about the note I wrote as well I had nothing to hide, as I did nothing. he tells me that I could be looking at a felony but that was up to the DA and he took me home. 3 months go by and I get another knock at the door. This time it is a police officer stating he had a warrant for my arrest and took me to jail. Now I'm being charged with Aiding and Abetting Felony Burglary and am out on $1500 bond. My trial is next month and I'm scared [snip]less cuz this offense carries a maximum sentence of 10 years $10,000. I have never been in trouble in my life. I been sitting posted up in my house since march because I just don't feel safe anywhere else. I have a public defender because I'm disabled and broke and I haven't had a job in 2.5 years. I don't know what to do, any advice?
edit on 28/8/11 by masqua because: Snipped profanities

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
How much do you usually have to drink before these delusions of freedom come on?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Hope for a receptive jury, your friends screwed you. They were clearly breaking the law by forcing their way into the house, who knows what they trashed, what they stole etc?
Do you think they left their names and numbers? You did though so you're the only contact.
I would guess that the DA will want info on your friends in exchange for dropping or lessening any charges against you. It all depends if the victims at the house testify and what they say.
Either way, according to the law, you were indeed an accomplice.
edit on 26-8-2011 by Konstantinos because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
All I can say is keep telling the truth, you say that there is a video, that video show you handing the note over and talking to the guys at the address? Does it show you that you tell your friends to back the hell off ??? Your general presence and way of acting in the apartment should tell a passive story so, with your written account of the happenings, the video and witness testimony, you should be just fine !

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Konstantinos

I wrote their names on the paper as well. Neither of my friends knew I had done this. The dropped all charges on the "friend" that said "yeah yeah yeah get the # outta the way" for his testimony against me in court. It's all BS and I just don't know what to do. Yeah I realize we have no freedom in this country anyways but in prison it's even worse than not being in prison.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Yea you should have walked away when you had the chance. Making friends with the guys doesn't mitigate the fact that your group forced their way into the house after you were told to come back later.

Hopefully you can pin most of the blame on your friends and the judge will take your situation into account. Not likely that you'll get the max. Be honest and explain what happened and hope for a fine and probation. At least ask for house arrest instead of prison time.
edit on 26-8-2011 by kro32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Fox Molder

The video was made here at my house a couple of months or so later. It was the then room mate and I drinking Mickey's 40oz's and talking stupid random nonsense. This is just one of the topics we talked about.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by supermanning

wow, your "friend" really screwed you bad then. He's probably agreed to testify against you in court and probably claim you did it all to save his hide (he beat you to the punch in making a deal with the DA).
Your only hope probably rests with the victims testimony.
Since you obvioulsy love to get wasted with your buds. I would recommend going to AA to also show you're trying to clean up your act (blame it on the drinking).

Good luck, you're going to need it.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I have some hope because the guy that answered the door said in the police report that I said I had no problem with him. I do believe however that the detective left out things in the initial interview with him in order to make a better case against me. This detective is very much one of those "you're gonna learn to submit" type new world order cops. The local DA here is known for putting innocent people away just to get a conviction on his record. A few years ago I was falsely accused of FVPA and beat it out in a jury trial so this DA already doesn't like me.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Well your hardly innocent and they may have some extra reasons for going after you but you've given them the opportunity.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

In the police report, the so called "friend" changed his story 3 times. First he said that the then room mate and I stole his truck and went and did it. Then said "yeah, I dropped them off but didn't go in." Then said "yeah I went in but did nothing while they took the stuff." I plan on that being brought to the jury's attention in the trial. have any of yall been through anything similar? What happened to you? Were you able to beat it?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

What you mean? I am 100% innocent. Just because some idiots I was with did some stupid things, doesn't mean I'm guilty of it.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
A victim telling police that you said you have no problem with them does not help. Especially if the authorities are convinced you are an accomplice, a regular alcohol abuser, and someone who has a history of charges.

You may have to focus on proving that you're cleaning up your act, not that you're innocent, because that's going to be tough to do.
Talk to your defense rep and hope that they are good at what they do, as a previous poster mentioned, plea for a a fine & probation, maybe even house-arrest because it seems like the case is being stacked against you.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Two Years later you say?... yep. It's the Corporate Wardens Drumming up business for themselves.
I had a friend that had a knock on his door over an incident that happened 4 years ago..involving his next door neighbor. The neighbor said they did not call anyone or even WANT to go through with a trial and had let the incident go and THOUGHT it was dropped...and only after my friend was thrown in jail, they knew what was going on.

what state do u live in, just curious.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Godz Enigma

Wyoming

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
If your friends go and rob a liquor store and you go in with them but tell the clerk you have nothing to do with this and take a few shots with the guy while your friends empty the cash register your still just as guilty.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
On another note, my lawyer hired a private detective to go talk to the people and neither of them can be found. Wouldn't this mean they have to drop it if no witnesses can testify?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by supermanning
On another note, my lawyer hired a private detective to go talk to the people and neither of them can be found. Wouldn't this mean they have to drop it if no witnesses can testify?

Not if your "friends" are testifying against you.
Hold on a sec, you have a public defense counsel and he hired a private detective? Really? I've never heard of that before... then again, I've never hired defense counsel. I just thought public ones didn't really spend too much $ on every case they have taken on pro bono

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I have a public defender and he believes me and that's why he is helping me with the private detective. The private detective can't find either of the witnesses and the DA only has the "friend" that has lied 3 different times in the police report. The "room mate" who did the taking of the items still has not been found.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join