It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happiness amongst the doom & gloom right now.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
We all know the world is going to pot so I thought I'd try and make light of some positives!

You may know I researched and wrote a thesis on happiness for the honors year of my psych degree.

1) Physical & mental health - Keeping your sanity these days is a huge achievement within itself!
2) Coping well - Understanding it's all part of the divine plan, we're all one.
3) Being resilient in tough times.
4) Work satisfaction - We get money, money buys materials.. materials buy enjoyment!
5) Good relationships with colleagues, friends and loved ones - We aren't alone, we go through problems together.
6) Living a long life - We live longer now than we ever did!
7) Having a strong immune system - We are now able to tackle common colds and flu!
8) Liking yourself - You're different, I'm different and thats the beauty of us all.
9) Liking others It's nice to be nice!

Here’s a bonus reason to be happy:
10 It feels great!
Add a little sunshine to your own life, and you’ll spread more sunshine too!

Things are looking pretty bleak everywhere at the moment but please just remember, there is always a reason to be happy! If your unfortunate and going through problems... remember it does get better!!

My first thread - Over and out.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Kostas

First thread fail...

Find something people can relate to next time....Making more money?? We are in a huge recession if you haven't noticed....Unemployment at it's highest......I am not going into any more detail the thread doesn't merit anymore of my time.....Sorry

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Fanks.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Kostas

[COLOR=GOLD]

Congratz on a positive first thread
Keep up the good work. 1 agrees there is much doom and gloom DARKNESS. But the LIGHT will always illuminate the darkest corners of existence once these locations are found. So many may be going thru financial - social - mental -physical strains, yes. But there as you stated in the OP is a brighter outcome for many so please all do your best to keep the vibrations up so you can ALL become lighthouses of support for those who may fall at times in the darkness and who also possess light but cannot eliminate the darkness covering their lights.

NAMASTE
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

[/COLOR]

edit on 8/26/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

We all know the world is going to pot so I thought I'd try and make light of some positives!
reply to post by Kostas

Dude you are a doom and gloomer im laughing so hard at your statement i farted.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I'm glad someone appreciates my first thread, thankyou!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

It's all down to personal choice. If you choose to be entrapped by the the shortcomings of the planet alongside the 'End Time Madness', then you will have a pretty bad time. I choose the other.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Sorry im being an idiot, I just dont think the world is as bad as people on here say it is,
edit on 26-8-2011 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by symbolon
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

It's all down to personal choice. If you choose to be entrapped by the the shortcomings of the planet alongside the 'End Time Madness', then you will have a pretty bad time. I choose the other.

Touche! Sure a financial crisis is bad - but only if you let it become bad! Things are only as bad as you want them to be! Overlook the issue and keep going, it won't stay the same forever!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
hey what the heck, ill throw you a S+F. I was just thinking about this yesterday. Things are so bad lately i told myself i need to start looking on the bright side other wise this negitive mood is going to take me over

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Cheers dude! What does S & F mean? Do I get tokens and I can spend them lol?!

Fanks!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Happiness is all in your perspective. Every cloud has a silver lining if you only open your eyes and look for it. Some people just shun happiness.

SnF my friend. Thank you for a bit of light on this usually dark forum

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kostas
Cheers dude! What does S & F mean? Do I get tokens and I can spend them lol?!

Fanks!

S&F means Star and Flag. Stars and Flags give you point to your account. The more stars and flags you get the more respected you become in the ATS community. S&F represent your contributing factor to ATS

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Thanks for spreading a positive message.

I've been on ATS for around 5 months. There is alot of bad news here. "The world is moving on." To quote Roland Deschain.

However, in all of this I have managed to take something positive from this site and it's contributors. It is all in ones perception. If you are having a bad day, the bad news sticks out like a sore thumb. Sometimes you just have to pass over the topics that you know will make you feel worse.

Good luck to you.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Thanks guys! = )

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Kostas

"We all know the world is going to pot so I thought I'd try and make light of some positives! "

Amen brother.. my life is fantastic, not because I have a-lot of this or that...but because I'm free from the omnipresent metaphorical matrix. Don't watch TV, listen to talk radio.. none of that. I do almost everything "they" (govt/organized religion) tell me not to... it's a-lot of fun, and liberating, doing your own individual thing while extending an upright & fully erect middle finger at the establishment.

My neighbors are glued to the doom box, they allow CNN / corporate media shills to pollute their minds with overly spun propaganda & lies.,.. and it shows, they buy into all the nonsense. To me politicians are just people on TV, that guy who calls himself president is as much my "leader" as the Dr on Scrubs is my surgeon.. people belching out scripted words for a specific purpose.

I'm not here to fix anything, change anyone's mind, or waste party (mental health) time challenging the shadowy overlord PTB.. money is power and "they" print it, they win... for now.. the system is circling the drain and I'm surfing enjoying the ride..

Float around the system, if you qualify get SSI, un employment, disability, food stamps.. take it.. milk it for as long as possible.. or engineer a reasonable facsimile of the virgin mary on a grilled cheese and auction em on e-bay.. then spend lazy days relaxing as the place goes to crap. The govt gives away obscene amounts of bribe $$ to Israelis / tax breaks corporations / death profiteers.. why not take some of that fake monopoly money and use it for personal peaceful purposes?

After it all crumbles, maybe then I'll find the motivation to help re-build.. until then, ignore the man & his shills as irrelevant to your well being.. and rock out until the bitter end, which at this rate is probably right around the corner.

new topics

top topics

join