It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK's #1 medium predicts major california quake for 8/26/11 at 22:02 GMT

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Local times for 22:02 GMT:

Pacific: 15.02 (3:02pm)
Mountain: 16.02 (4:02pm)
Central: 17.02 (5:02pm)
Eastern: 18.02 (6:02pm)

Bear in mind DST is in effect in the US but not GMT so the time calculation seems a bit screwy.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Why? is there some reason beyond the spirits in neverland whispering?

Or did haarp boot up and throw power yesterday......

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SadButTrue
Why is he predicting earthquakes and charging so much for his intuitive abilities when he could just go win the 1 million dollar reward for proving he is psychic.

Something smells fishy here....... then again, today is near a planetary alignment so I could have thrown this prediction out too.

The James Randi tests are flawed, and no one will ever win the 1 million.

I just saw something on those tests the other day, and what irritated me is the fact that the people who took up the challange were not allowed to touch the people they were reading. I know this is off-topic, but especially with palm reading etc, it is VITAL to touch the person or object. Thats where a psychic will pick up most of their information, through actual energy exchange. The tests are flawed and unwinnable, which is why no one has won them.

As to this prediction, we will all just have to wait and see...I will give the guy a 1 week window to see if he is correct, as it is my understanding that time is almost impossible to predict. From my own experiences with trying to predict future events, it is the event that dictates the time, not the other way around. If something like this is going to happen, it will happen on it's own timeline.

1 week...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by NerdGoddess
Terribly sorry here, not very familiar with time zones. What time would this be EST? I live in Cincinnati Ohio so I think EST is the correct time frame for us.

We're four hours behind so it should be like 6:02pm.

I'm from Cincy also, good to see another local on here

edit on 26-8-2011 by Fitch303 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

I hear ya. I don't know the rules of the JR tests I should look at them if they're available. I would agree touching would help but I also think if you are touch wouldn't be required as energy does not only flow through touching matter.

I'm just saying, what's this guys record of predictions? Considering the unusual quake on the East and Colorado, and the rumblings in California and the planetary alignments......... it's likely something could happen anyway.

Giving a week for a prediction on an earthquake is crazy though b/c we have quakes all the time.... but if a huge 9+ hits California then it would be different, but still with all that's going on it's a questionable prediction.

Should we discount him completely if nothing happens? Or should we give him another chance?(I wouldn't)
edit on 26-8-2011 by SadButTrue because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Fitch303

Thanks! Its always fun to see others from around town!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SadButTrue

I'm talking a large EQ, 7.0+

Cali has several quakes often, but not that large.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Brave prediction!

Obviously has made enough money conning people in the past to put his reputation on the line

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by SadButTrue

I'm talking a large EQ, 7.0+

Cali has several quakes often, but not that large.

Indeed, 382 in the past week alone but not in the least unusual.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Please Note: Image is NOT live!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
300 is sorta quiet for us. I've seen it go past 800 many, many times. In fact most of the time it is above 600. So many the plate is building, we will see in just a few hours

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The state is pretty big could the Psuper Psychic narrow it down a bit.

7.0-8 is not too worrisome to me, most of the vulnerable buildings around here were retrofitted after the north ridge quake and my house is built in such a way and on ground that anything under a 9.0 I'm not real concerned about.

It might screw up traffic, but what the heck I have 4WD.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by VforVendettea

7.0-8 is not too worrisome to me, most of the vulnerable buildings around here were retrofitted after the north ridge quake and my house is built in such a way and on ground that anything under a 9.0 I'm not real concerned about.

I live about 800 feet from the Rose Canyon fault, about a mile from the Point Loma fault, and within 30 miles of 3 other faults. All able to produce EQs of 6.0+ and my house was built in the 1950s. Not looking so good if it happens in SoCal

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Elsek

yes, it just takes lots of observation and practice but yes, they can be predicted ... i did so, in writing, on the 23rd. (hours in advance, not days but working on it)
here: www.abovetopsecret.com...
and here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Celestica

Now you understand why you got such a good deal on the mortgage

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Terribly sorry here, not very familiar with time zones. What time would this be EST? I live in Cincinnati Ohio so I think EST is the correct time frame for us.

Not sure what he was trying to say with:

reply to post by NerdGoddess European standard time.

But 22:02 GMT/UTC = 4:02pm Eastern, 1:02pm Pacific.
edit on 26-8-2011 by KaiserSoze because: (lame reason given)

edit on 26-8-2011 by KaiserSoze because: (even lamer reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaiserSoze

Not sure what he was trying to say with:

reply to post by NerdGoddess European standard time.

But 22:02 GMT/UTC = 4:02pm Eastern, 7:02pm Pacific.

Um pacific time is 3 hours BEHIND eastern, not ahead

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Celestica

Originally posted by VforVendettea

I live about 800 feet from the Rose Canyon fault, about a mile from the Point Loma fault, and within 30 miles of 3 other faults. All able to produce EQs of 6.0+ and my house was built in the 1950s. Not looking so good if it happens in SoCal

I'm on the southern edge of the Whittier fault, which has been acting up lately.
Just some minor 1-2 mag range. By 302pm I'll be in Fullerton if any one is up for EQ party.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by NerdGoddess

ETS is Eastern Standard Time

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
It's currently PDT here, which is GMT-7. Which makes it 2:02 P.M.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by occrest

wowsers ... really ???
GMT does not observe DST
PST is GMT -7 during DST
EST is GMT -4 during DST
oops, almost forgot ... AZ doesn't observe DST so if you're there ... GMT -6 for you.

if this is doubted by anyone, see here: Time Conversions

edit on 26-8-2011 by Honor93 because: add txt

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join