It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A WARNING: Don’t store your gold in the United States...or anything else of value!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

A couple of points:

1) Listen to what he is saying....and;

2) realize it's on national mainstream television.

I think if you are worried, there's probably nothing unreasonable about it.

These are truly amazing times.

Federal Asset Seizures Rise, Netting Innocent With Guilty

Some 400 federal statutes—a near-doubling, by one count, since the 1990s—empower the government to take assets from convicted criminals as well as people never charged with a crime.

Last year, forfeiture programs confiscated homes, cars, boats and cash in more than 15,000 cases. The total take topped $2.5 billion, more than doubling in five years, Justice Department statistics show.

The expansion of forfeiture powers is part of a broader growth in recent decades of the federal justice system that has seen hundreds of new criminal laws passed. Some critics have dubbed the pattern as the overcriminalization of American life. The forfeiture system has opponents across the political spectrum, including representatives of groups such as the American Civil Liberties Union on the left and the Heritage Foundation on the right. They argue it represents a widening threat to innocent people.

edit on 26-8-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
More like you should not store your entire self in the US.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by eldard

And in fact many have secured alternative options in that regard as well...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

There was a post on ATS not too long ago linking to a newspaper article from '33. It was almost Orwellian. If folks did not turn in their gold, they were liable to fines and jail time. Amazing.

There was little talk of how bad this was but merely talking points obviously from promoters of the plan. There was also an on the same page describing how the stock market soared from this action. I guess some thing never change.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
In what instances can the govt seize property from people who haven't be convicted of a crime?

Over my dead body my great grandma's gold and silver are going anywhere. What should I do, bring em to England for safe keeping with relatives and also, are precious metals safer to hoard in UK and what other countries

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by moogle

Just google "forfeiture law."

It happens all of the time.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by moogle
In what instances can the govt seize property from people who haven't be convicted of a crime?

Over my dead body my great grandma's gold and silver are going anywhere. What should I do, bring em to England for safe keeping with relatives and also, are precious metals safer to hoard in UK and what other countries

Yep. Bring them to England. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
as far as storing gold... there's the Sprott physical gold trust...NYSE; PHYS
the gold is vaulted in a Canadian Vault...
i would feel safe with the sprott gold or silver trust vaults of physical bullion
PHYS & PSLV both are listed on the NYSE

as for the seizure laws... they've been like the gestapo since the late 1960s

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by moogle

in other words we are worth more to our Government dead, than alive.

forfeit, seize away as Americans die off the more the merrier.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
... and people wonder why citizens don't want to work for these bastards
.. why the inventiveness and productivity is drying up
. why the entrepreneurial spirit is evaporating.

David Grouchy

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
So let us say [HYPOTHETICALLY] that a person had physical precious metals that no one including the US gov. knows about, and said US gov. decides to forcibly purchase it from all citizens ... what do you think the black market price for such [HYPOTHETICAL] gold/silver would be?

I think mr 'doom and gloom' is a silly person.

top topics

join