It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: The Entitlement Class Could Riot When Their Goodies Run Out

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Ron Paul is Captain Obvious once more...

No other politician will tell it like it is...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Been thinking about this, too, and gradually stocking up on food and "supplies" in case this (or some natural disaster)really happens.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

By "Entitlement Class Could Riot When Their Goodies Run Out" do you mean federal employees? Please clarify.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
By this, he means the half of the country that have to depend upon the government to feed themselves or their kids because politicians have let corporations rape this country for the past 30 years.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Ron Paul means that these people will riot in the streets

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusLives

By "Entitlement Class Could Riot When Their Goodies Run Out" do you mean federal employees? Please clarify.

I was picturing a bunch of bankers, politicians, and military contractors looting pretentious camping gear and exotic fish, personally.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I like a lot of what Ron Paul says but he will never be President. My opinion of why:

1) Presidents are not elected from the House. Presidents are Senators or Governors.

2) He's old. Four years of the Presidency is said to age one ten years in any other job. Even Obama, who's basically phoning it in now, is looking older after only 3 years.

3) Ron Paul can be sounding logical and thoughtful one minute and devolve to raving nutcase the next. Not Presidential.

4) There's good evidence he is a racist. Even if he didn't write it no believes he didn't know what was being written and sent out in his newsletter for 15 years.

My money has, and my vote will, gone to Rick Perry.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusLives

I mean anyone who receives food stamps, unemployment checks, government pensions, medicare, medicaid, social security, government jobs, government contracts.

Of course not all of that is ``entitlements``... I used a too broad term, but still...

When the government ends up like Greece and can't pay anything (unless of course it's bank bailouts) then people will go like in Egypt.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
'Entitlement Class' is a myth that elites love to create so as to cast aspersion on others while they rob citizens blind, just as those on the dole are 'useless bums'.

Some may take advantage of the dole or social entitlements, BUT NOT ALL. Many of them appreciates such help and once they get back on their feet, given opportunity to excel, counselled to stand up, etc, they CONTRIBUTED back to society.

No humans will accept charity unless they had lost dignity and confidence in themselves. What they want is a CHANCE just like everyone else, to have a job, to live and to love. If SUCH ARE DENIED TO THEM, they no longer have nothing to lose and WILL FIGHT BACK!

Thus it is not the entitlement class that will riot, for it does not exists. It will be citizens left behind to rot, as in the case of the brits, that will go bananas. Please tell Ron Paul and the GOP to get it right and make sure their weapons to kill and maim are aimed at their fantasy beings and not REAL FELLOW HUMANS.
edit on 26-8-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
'Entitlement Class' is a myth that elites love to create so as to cast aspersion on others while they rob citizens blind, just as those on the dole are 'useless bums'.

Some may take advantage of the dole or social entitlements, BUT NOT ALL. Many of them appreciates such help and once they get back on their feet, given opportunity to excel, counselled to stand up, etc, they CONTRIBUTED back to society.

No humans will accept charity unless they had lost dignity and confidence in themselves. What they want is a CHANCE just like everyone else, to have a job, to live and to love. If SUCH ARE DENIED TO THEM, they no longer have nothing to lose and WILL FIGHT BACK!

Thus it is not the entitlement class that will riot, for it does not exists. It will be citizens left behind to rot, as in the case of the brits, that will go bananas. Please tell Ron Paul and the GOP to get it right and make sure their weapons to kill and maim are aimed at their fantasy beings and not REAL FELLOW HUMANS.
edit on 26-8-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

No, entitlement class includes these people as an example:

source

In fact, a shocking 49 percent of all babies born in the U.S. are born to families receiving food supplements from the WIC program, according to Jean Daniel, spokesperson for the USDA.

Granted, the percentage would be much lower if 20 million illegals were sent home. If allowed to stay, they will still be living off the government dole. And their children. And their children's children. All purposely arranged so that someday they can pull the democrat's voting lever.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
When did people stop saying "social security programs" or "social welfare programs" and start calling them entitlements? I never heard that before Obama was elected. Is this some new right-wing doublespeak to distract from the fact that the wealthy get their wealth from entitlements? I mean property deeds, patents, daddy's will etc.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

In fact, a shocking 49 percent of all babies born in the U.S. are born to families receiving food supplements from the WIC program, according to Jean Daniel, spokesperson for the USDA.

Granted, the percentage would be much lower if 20 million illegals were sent home. If allowed to stay, they will still be living off the government dole. And their children. And their children's children. All purposely arranged so that someday they can pull the democrat's voting lever.

indeed... that was the purpose of creating a continuing Welfare Class... originated by Lyndon Johnsons War-on-Poverty & Great-Society BS...

the life choice many surrender to by accident or on purpose is to becaom a un-wed mother, baby machine... & get funds, food, WIC, and later developing into free $4k handouts under the IRS program for Earned-Income-Credits for these same baby machines that spend the windfall on outrageous things....instead of a trust fund for the youngsters

to the OP & others talking about Entitlements!

SS recipients, Pensioners, Veterans, etc have ]earned their checks... these are not 'entitlements' in the same way that Welfare Queens are entitlements... the other recipients have paid for or else earned their benefits so don't lump old age or vets or disabled into the Free-Lunch paid for by the citizenry category that the term 'Entitlements' implies.

FICA is a voluntary tax most people accept to enroll in:

Federal Insurance Contributions Act tax -
The Federal Insurance Contributions Act ( FICA) tax (pronounced ... the effective tax rate steadily decreases as wage levels increase beyond the Wage Base limit. FICA is ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FICA_tax

the veterans and retired pensioners are in the same boat as FICA.... All have Earned their benefits, they are not gifts bestowed upon them by the taxpayer

the elites want the public to see Vets, SSDI, old age, & pensioners as living on the taxpayers largesse,
so they can cut those payments in the sake of Austerity & budget deficts

but its a misdirection ploy by the elites... lets cut Congressional retirement before we ever cut SS, Veterans, pensions payouts as good for the nations budget... these cads serve for 5 years & they are set for life with 5X the benefits a working stiff funded in weekly payroll dedudtions for 45 years will ever see in returns from their voluntary contributions

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SmedleyBurlap

They started being called entitlements because people flipped when the programs were being considered for cuts. With the expansion of some of the programs beyond there normal duration's lots of folks feel that they "deserve" them. It's really all fun and games till you run out of funding and the government has only so much money they can redirect into these programs. Heaven forbid if that anybody just starts cutting back. But I guess its all good when you have an x-box and cell phone

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

Well, pensions are the actual property of the public who paid into SS. They own that money, and all interest on it. They are as entitled to that money as Reginald Q. Butthurt is entitled to his father's stock portfolio when the old man kicks it.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Well, I agree with one thing Ron Paul wants see, a much smaller government. The American government is the world's largest employer, and that, dear friends, is too much government! I for one am getting tired of Federal Laws getting in the way of my fun, and I am real tired of government riding in my car, residing in my home, and spying on everything I do. What in hell do they want, anyway?

Our Forefathers wanted small, mostly powerless government, people who are elected to do the business of running our Nation and defending our shores and skies. I'm sorry, but it does not take half a million people to do this job. GWB made law, that is, "Law by Edict," that gave 90% of the power supposed to be separated by Separation of Powers, to the Executive Branch, now the President can order both the Congress and the Supreme Court to do his bidding, and that, people, constitutes a Dictatorship, in the same vein as Hitler and Mussolini. Only one thing remains to complete this Fourth Reich, Take our guns away. Once we give up out 2nd Amendment and give over our weapons, all that is left is the crying. think about it.

Educate yourself! You can never learn too much!

A little light reading.....

Martial Law is Older Than You Think - General Orders No. 100

Operation Garden Plot

Universal Seduction

CONSPIRATORS' HIERARCHY: THE STORY OF THE COMMITTEE OF 300

The U.N.'s Shocking Millennium Agenda

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
whats this could crap it will happen thats why if you live on the east coast or west coast or highly liberal populations

im telling you all to move right now.

if we look at recent modern history of looting and riots sorry to say they are not a bunch of right wingers and thats a fact and the sad truth.

flyover country can and will mitigate alot of that but its not totally safe from it.

there is something to be said for living in small town usa or smaller cities.

and yeah ron paul is stating the obvious.

hell look at what happened in wisconsin the proof is in the pudding.
edit on 26-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Wasn't the right the ones that said that the left was calling for class warfare? And here we have a right wing politician labeling people and trying to incite them to riot. What, does he want a police state or something? Betcha dollars to doughnuts this guy will put in legislation targeting the poor for harsher treatment in courts.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Okay all the entitlement haters, as if you are some independent diety living on your own. Listen up and have your delusions of uniqueness dispelled!

What happens when our roads are no longer passable; the bridges don’t work; the highways are broken; mass transit dies; the energy grid bottoms out; the reservoirs go bad; the lights go out; the police and firemen stop working; the hospitals close;
Etc, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

YOU THINK YOU ARE SOME INDEPENDENT GOD
THINK AGAIN
AND GROW UP!

In the event of all of this, MORE OR LESS:

RON PAUL WILL BE ENTITLED TO DIE LIKE ANY OF US!

INTERDEPECDENCE!
edit on 26-8-2011 by inforeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

Then why the push for green vehicles?? Gas taxes pay for those repairs!! Heard that argument and raise you one! It"s the politicians that loot funding's from things like SS to pay for their new great idea. It's our dear politician's who rob Peter to pay Paul that shortchanges our system. That being said the reliance on our gov't leaders that has a proven track record of misappropiating funds that is comical.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

What happens when our roads are no longer passable; the bridges don’t work; the highways are broken; mass transit dies; the energy grid bottoms out; the reservoirs go bad; the lights go out; the police and firemen stop working; the hospitals close;

all local and state issues they are not federal or do you just want more union bailouts that take decades to plan and build?

thats what the first stimulus was dont see any roads or bridges built.

for far too long in this country taxes are taken from one state and giving to another and get no benifit from it and that has been rinsed and repeated to infinity.

no man you want a better road go get a shove and fill in the hole you want electricity? go fly a kite and tie a key to then of it and mass transit yeah "go european" where this is AMERICA and the car or truck or suv is king.

meh

edit on 26-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join