It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amtrak Passanger Train Derails in Nebraska!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Just caught wind from a friend that a train derailment has just taken place in Nebraska!

MSNBC has it on breaking news, but no info other than possibly 175 people on board and the train hit a vehicle. I will update as soon as I get some info!

I guess it was an Amtrak passanger train.

The two locomotives and the first three of 10 passenger cars left the tracks, he said.

MSNBC

Omaha.com
edit on 26-8-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-8-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: add info on title

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Spokesman Marc Magliari says the California Zephyr derailed around 8 a.m. MDT Friday near Max, which is about 40 miles west-southwest of McCook. He says he's gotten no reports of any serious injuries but was uncertain about whether anyone aboard was hurt.

MSNBC update

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
An update that states the train hit a farm vehicle.

9 injured, no deaths. At least there is a silver lining to this!

Link

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This train wreck was about 50 miles from me. It hit a crane. Slide show of photos from 9 news www.9news.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Look at this from the article:

the train . . . already was running about eight hours behind schedule after hitting an abandoned car on the tracks Wednesday night near Salt Lake City.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

Thanks for the link! Is it a big deal in your area, or just minor news?

reply to post by quango

Is that a normal occurring on train tracks, or was this train just cursed?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I have rode Amtrak to the westcoast from the east many times and I enjoyed the experience. Amtrak is pretty safe. They probably ran behind in time during the car accident is because they have to do paperwork, etc.

They usually haul ass after being delayed.

Hitting the crane was unfortunate but I hope it doesn't scare anyone away from taking the train. Sure it takes longer than an airplane, but the waiting and boarding part is a less hassle.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
It was done on purpose:

www.theknowledgepile.com/post/6600496715/lindner-buffett-could-redeem-amtrak-stock-with-mica

Amtrak was supposed to pay shareholders/stock value for their investment in AMTRAK over the past 40 years.

Hmm.....if they collapse their stock value....how much money would someone save????

The Crane was put there purposely, to put the screws to investors.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

That is an interesting perspective. That crane is reported to have been "borrowed" (from the brother of a lady I know from work).

Interesting that no reports mention the DRIVER of the crane. It does appear to me that it was PARKED on the tracks. Why?????

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Yeah it was a big deal for our area. I live in a farming community where nothing ever happens. And when something finally does happen like a car accident or a heart attack, EVERYONE knows within an hour or two.

Ambulances for 60 miles in every direction were called to the scene (one ambulance didn't make it and was seen on a wrecker on its way back to town).

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Now that is very interesting!

Now I got some digging to do.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
Just caught wind from a friend that a train derailment has just taken place in Nebraska!

MSNBC has it on breaking news, but no info other than possibly 175 people on board and the train hit a vehicle. I will update as soon as I get some info!

I guess it was an Amtrak passanger train.

The two locomotives and the first three of 10 passenger cars left the tracks, he said.

MSNBC

Omaha.com

edit on 26-8-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: add info on title

Wouldn't surprise me if they some how link it to a terrorist ploy,then soon we'll have body scanners and the whole nine yards.

top topics

join