It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for those that believe they have been abducted

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I have a theory, and would like those that believe they have been abducted by aliens to answer...

Were you actively interesting in UFOs, Aliens, etc prior to you abduction experience?

My theory is that the mind is very complex, and thoughts, be they concious thoughts or subsoncious thoughts, you have play an important role in your dreams. Could "abduction" experiences just be vivid dreams and/or sleepwalking?

My wife sleepwalks, and tells me that when she wakes up, the experiences she has during her dreams are so vivid she has to convince herself it wasn't real. If you think about aliens, you might dream about aliens. No?

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
my sister woke up from a sleep walk (she had been drinking) convinced that she was being chased by a flying saucer - she was a mile away from her home and wearing a nightgown

she is still convinced that it was true yet dozens of people who where out that night that seen her couldnt see the ufo

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
It's funny because I am a UFO fanatic, I think about UFOs, Aliens and being abducted a lot of the time - but I have never had any abduction experience and I have never even had a dream involving UFOs and/or aliens!!

I have seen a couple of UFOs though, but it was nothing too special compared to some people's experiences.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I just read a double page spread in the paper about the most possible explanation of UFO abuductions, which is sleep paralysis. Although some people still firmly believe they were abducted, others who change their life styles and try to live a less stressfull life, there "abductions" seem to slowly subside.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
It's only a matter of time b4 somebody abducts an Alien...now thats a trick I'd pay to see...it's about time they got a taste of their own medicine, stick probes up it's alien butt and a bb pellet under it's creepy cold skin, then dump it naked and bewildered in the middle of nowhere. It'll try and tell it's alien buddies that it was taken by a partially hairy bi-pedal ape creature called a 'Human', but it's buddies would say that it was just sleep paralysis and there was no such thing as Humans, as the existence of Humans was kept secret by the Alien government, until.......

[edit on 21-8-2004 by Zero Point]

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I had dreams of being abducted... they were so realistic and fascinating, that they could even be real... I don't know, if it is possible to separate such event from dreams.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I certainly think a vast majority of abduction phenomenon may be tricks of mind and subconscious related,but there are also cases of physical reality coinciding which warrant further investigation,like scoop marks and inexplicable burns and blisters,and then the implants which have been removed from many abductees,which are covered in a dermal sheath and seem to be interconnected with the neural network.They also seem to possess a physical make-up that connotates non-terrestrial,or artificial combination of elements.It's a very complex issue overall IMO.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I don't think, that someone has to be abducted for reading their mind. An implant will do, and the person can be remotely viewed. This could mean, that any person being abducted, will not come back alive... women may come back with alien babies in their womb... but I think, that nowdays deadly abductions are being kept secret by aliens, to give way for further abductions.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I totally agree that it is a very complex issue and question. Thanks all for your input. Would have liked to get more, but alas, you take what you can get right?

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
When you have an experience believe me you will know at some point in time usually sooner then later.
I really don't want anyone to be abducted but as I read some actually want to be taken. All I can say is be careful what you wish for it might just happen. I could see a skeptic being taken then trying to tell people it is really true,lol
At my age I don't really don't care who believe's or who doesn't I just try to share and each can take it anyway they want that is there right.
There are things I have experienced I understand totally there are others I don't understand completely but after all these years I just take whatever happens and deal with it. If the time comes for contact and I think it will then that will be the time it was meant to be, if this makes any sense to you.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I think about UFO's and Aliens everyday always thinking wether we are alone or not but have not experienced an abduction.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by rufi0o
I just read a double page spread in the paper about the most possible explanation of UFO abuductions, which is sleep paralysis. Although some people still firmly believe they were abducted, others who change their life styles and try to live a less stressfull life, there "abductions" seem to slowly subside.

This happened to me, my first SP experience, the sensation of being skyrocketed into the air was a big factor....My mind wouldnt allow me to believe it was an abduction and I sought another answer...I felt it was some type of seizure...flashing lights electrical buzzing sounds and movement at a high rate of speed ...all just sleep paralysis...not uncommon...as I began having more episodes I was able to analyze them....Most "abductions" are classic SP. I can see how one could be duped...

Sleep paralysis appear as demon attacks and abductions and some pretty strange experiences and can lead, when uniterupted to even stranger experiences but that s a whole nother story.

Having had this experience myself I feel this is the answer to "alien abduction" due to the realness of the experience

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
BUT, I will say it again it is something you have to experience for yourself. People can talk and share there experiences but to someone that hasn't had this happen to them it sounds far fethched this is why many experiencers don't talk about it.
I know when I first started to share my experiences people said I was stupid I was a moron and a few other not so nice words but this is the way it is and you just have to be patient and keep trying to share if nothing else one day things will be proven and these people will say I heard that before they were right and I didn't believe.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
When I hear people say "It's all the mind" I think to myself: Yes, of course it is, the whole universe is in the mind.

Sleep Paralysis usually occurs during an out of body experience, when the soul is out of the body. Therefore, some of the experiences that occurr to one, could be happening in the astral planes or in the physical plane. There have been cases where abductees claim to have been abducted psychically. The soul is sucked out of the body. My mother for instance, who by no means has interest in aliens, claimed one such "dream" where she was taken by some creatures to a planet, where she saw machines she's never seen before.

So do not be so quick to discount sleep paralysis as being a figment of the imagination. Now that we have that cleared; there are many physical cases that cannot be explained without evoking the ET hypothesis.

[edit on 13-10-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
When I hear people say "It's all the mind" I think to myself: Yes, of course it is, the whole universe is in the mind.

Sleep Paralysis usually occurs during an out of body experience, when the soul is out of the body. Therefore, some of the experiences that occurr to one, could be happening in the astral planes or in the physical plane. There have been cases where abductees claim to have been abducted psychically. The soul is sucked out of the body. My mother for instance, who by no means has interest in aliens, claimed one such "dream" where she was taken by some creatures to a planet, where she saw machines she's never seen before.

So do not be so quick to discount sleep paralysis as being a figment of the imagination. Now that we have that cleared; there are many physical cases that cannot be explained without evoking the ET hypothesis.

[edit on 13-10-2004 by Indigo_Child]

I believe the world lives within us also and have stated this.--yes the world dwells within our mind I beleive...and after countless SP experiences, I can say that they mimic what it would be like to be abducted....After some of my SP experiences, which I now allow to "play out" I have found myself simply "elsewhere" or experienced astral travel. I find this a truly amazing experience. I have been to a place where I have seen relatives, who have told me things that eventually turned true....for this I have no explanation.

During SP I am aware, from the inside, not outside looking at myself,..not OOB. It is afterward that I project from this state...In my experience

But the explanation and publication of SP has become a major reason for "the abduction experience" and cannot be denied.

www.csicop.org...

Other experiences such as the victim being in the waking state, or sustaining injury, pain, markings....who knows, thats obviously another matter...

When I tell you my experience included actual physical grabbing of my body by hands...I would sware it happened! Fortunately, there was someone there to tell me later that I never moved flinched, woke up or disappeared from the room.--Id sware I was awake... The physical feeling, the nature of the event, is why I can say this is the reason for many alien abductions--Because it happened to me..I cant provide more proof to myself. This experience occured without any true abduction and I m sure Im not the only one

[edit on 13-10-2004 by xxKrisxx]

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Forum:

I can tell you what a sleep paralysis episode is like. I have had
seven of them in my life. The first was back in 1968 after I had
returned from 3 tours in a place called Viet-Nam. It was in June 1968.

The second one was in September, 1994.

The third on January 25, 1996.

The fourth on January 29, 1997.

The fifth on January 18, 1998. Do we see a pattern here on these three?

The sixth in May of 2003.

The seventh was in July of this year.

Each and every one of these happened around 2AM. A pattern here?

When the paralysis comes, it happens instantly, at least
it SEEMS that way. I am never asleep when it happens, regardless of
what SOME other experiencers may say. I am just stretched out on the
bed, TRYING to get to sleep, and wham! It comes on.

My entire body is frozen in place. I can't move one single bone in my
body. I can't move any muscles in my body. My arms and legs will not
move. The only thing I CAN move are my eyes. I am able to look around
in the room, at least as far as my pheripheral vision will allow. I am totally
aware of my surroundings and know where I am. I am aware that I am
frozen in place and can't move. I try to cry out, to scream, to yell, and
absolutely nothing will come out of my mouth. I can hear no words I am
trying to say, and there is no sound. I can't move the muscles of my mouth
to talk.

I am aware of, or at least I THINK so, that there are entities in the room
with me, although I cannot see them. I can only feel them. Cold and
creepy beings, staring and looking and watching. I feel eyes boring
through me. I am terrified. I am horrified. I am scared out of my mind,
and if you knew me or were to talk with my friends and family, they would
tell you I am usually not afraid of anything. I feel so weak and fragile
not being able to do anything about my condition.

When I come out of this paralysis mode, I usually will be screaming and
yelling and tossing the covers on the bed around. That's when my wife
will wake up and wonder what the heck is going on. She will ask if I am
having another dream about Nam or something like that, and I will say
no, I was dreaming about something else. Or sometimes I will tell a little
lie to her and say yes, that is what I was dreaming about.
There is no way I can tell her about what I just experienced. It is so
bizarre and unreal and unbelievable to anyone that hasn't had this happen.

I then have to get out of bed and sit on the couch, or maybe even go outside on the patio to gather my wits. I think of this sleep paralysis
experience for a couple of weeks and it really affects me. I am hard to
be around for awhile, as this consumes my mind. I don't get involved with too many outside of the home activities for awhile, as I have to let this
wear off. I get sort of withdrawn for a period of time, and I have difficulty
sleeping for a couple of weeks.

I know I have described something that a lot of the skeptics will trounce
on, and that is alright. I would like to hear the pros and cons of this weird
thing that happens to me. I dread the end of January coming up.

If anyone has had similar episodes, would you please comment?

ZOOMER

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
I have a theory, and would like those that believe they have been abducted by aliens to answer...

Were you actively interesting in UFOs, Aliens, etc prior to you abduction experience?

My theory is that the mind is very complex, and thoughts, be they concious thoughts or subsoncious thoughts, you have play an important role in your dreams. Could "abduction" experiences just be vivid dreams and/or sleepwalking?

My wife sleepwalks, and tells me that when she wakes up, the experiences she has during her dreams are so vivid she has to convince herself it wasn't real. If you think about aliens, you might dream about aliens. No?

I think it is true a large portion of abductions are halucinations and lies but we still can not discount the fact that patients with implants have surfaced on the scene. How do you account for the implants?

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Yes, there is a lot of reason to believe at least some abductions are sleep paralysis. However that does not explain, it only puts a label on the phenomena of sleep paralysis. This could mean your soul was abducted.

However, there have been many physical cases, that cannot be explained by SP or anything else, without evoking the ET hypothesis. In these cases, mass groups or multiple people are abducted, inside or outside. Sometimes including eye-witness testimony from unrelated witnesses.

Also note, that all abduction encounters share the same characteristics, regardless of age, religion, social denomination, gender, culture, beliefs. If this was simply dreams or figments of imagination, why would they all share common characteristics.

This would only mean that some abductions are actually taking place, and the only reasonable explanation is the ET hypothesis. There are some who believe this is government mind-control for their bioengineering experiments. It could be, but that would be an even more far-out explanation than the ET one.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Just search it on ATS we have discussed the topic to death...Ive have had countless episodes which at first were as painfully aweful as yours with the evil feeling and all...but I dont fight them anymore....I let it play out, it cant hurt. They used to really mess with my mind, but now I kinda dig them. I remember being so frightened I d try to stay up for a week, which ofcourse, induced them (because exhaustion induces them, ha!) cool that you logged them I should do that...hmm #one hundred and hmmm..

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
actually sounds like you where out of body. I don't know if I can explain this right but your soul is a complete other you. It is very hard to explain so I am not even going to try because I don't think I would use the right words. I know Dr's and Scientist use the term SP but it's not the same thing. Sometimes I really do wish that these Dr's and Scientist were abducted then they could say been there done that just don't have the tee shirt.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join