It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magic trick. Upside down flag?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d58d29e666c3.jpg[/atsimg]

Simple story.
Our local library had a magician for the day.
The magician needed a volunteer. My daughter was picked.
The trick: Make a flag magically appear from an empty hat.
Yep, the flag appeared, but upside down.
Yes, I realize that you can not control the way the flag comes out of the hat, but.....it sure looked as if the magician was trying to show a hidden meaning in the trick.

Mistake or not...still a one of a kind photo op.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by blue_fish

but.....it sure looked as if the magician was trying to show a hidden meaning in the trick.

I can only hope that you are not filling your daughter's mind with this type of thinking.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

but.....it sure looked as if the magician was trying to show a hidden meaning in the trick.

I can only hope that you are not filling your daughter's mind with this type of thinking.

That the country she is growing up in is in distress? Hence the flag being upside down?

Whats wrong with the truth?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Sorry but I have to say you are reading WAY too much into that. I could be wrong but my guess is the dude just pulled the flag out and it happened to be upside down.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

I don't need to fill my daughters mind with how our economy is and how our governemnt is currupt. She just has to watch the local news a few times to see that the US is a mess. Not that the media is anything to watch anyway.
I fill my daughters mind with love, laughter and dreams of going to the beach again.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

Yeah, your probably right....but, it is a great photo.. and makes a great conversation.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

I hope you don't actually judge peoples parenting skills without knowing anything about them.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

edit on 26-8-2011 by Skorpiogurl because: Nevermind

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Jugtalicus

Whats wrong with the truth?
I don't understand the question. I didn't say that there was anything wrong with the truth. Is this ↓↓ the statement, that you are referring to as being the truth? I see no truth there. All I can see is a seed.

I don't need to fill my daughters mind with how our economy is and how our governemnt is currupt. She just has to watch the local news a few times to see that the US is a mess. Not that the media is anything to watch anyway.
I fill my daughters mind with love, laughter and dreams of going to the beach again.

That is good.
But none of that was stated, or implied, within the OP.
All I saw, was a hybrid seed (1/2 fear & 1/2 paranoia).

reply to post by billy197300

Originally posted by billy197300

I hope you don't actually judge peoples parenting skills without knowing anything about them.

Ok, then.

top topics

join