It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SPOONS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Be careful when buying spoons. I just purchased "mainstays" brand 4 pack of "stainless steel" spoons. When using the spoons i was getting strange tastes in my mouth like the "stainless steele" was melting in my mouth. After only a few uses (3-4) one is rusting. These spoons bieng made in china, one has to question the purity of that "stainless steel" were they bieng extremely cheap or was this intentional? or both?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by gossipnancy
Be careful when buying spoons. I just purchased "mainstays" brand 4 pack of "stainless steel" spoons. When using the spoons i was getting strange tastes in my mouth like the "stainless steele" was melting in my mouth. After only a few uses (3-4) one is rusting. These spoons bieng made in china, one has to question the purity of that "stainless steel" were they bieng extremely cheap or was this intentional? or both?

Well when you buy cheap you get cheap. Mainstay is the cheap brand. I won't buy those either. There is nothing to it other than cheaply made silverware. I use to buy them cause of the cost but they always broke and rusted in a short amount of time so I moved on.

There is NO conspiracy behind Mainstay spoons, they are cheaply made and cheap so you get what you pay for.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Let me guess, you're an American complaining about Chinese crap quality products you bought at wall-mart?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Considering how much lead they keep finding in Chinese products, I'd hesitate to use their flatware, myself.
Probably just really cheap steel, but if it tastes weird, I'd replace it, pronto.

Oh, and I just have to add-

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I buy my kitchen stuff at thrift stores now and they are a heck of a lot cheaper and the quality is excellent!

I got a set of stainless steel spoons with little apple designs on the ends for 25cents a spoon. I spent 4 bucks and got a complete set

They rip you off in stores now

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by gossipnancy

What better way to take us down than to poison our spoons we use everyday without a second thought! The chinese are crafty little creatures.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by gossipnancy

I bought old silver-spoons at the flea-market.
80 cents a' piece.
Never had any better spoons than those.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by gossipnancy
These spoons bieng made in china, one has to question the purity of that "stainless steel" were they bieng extremely cheap or was this intentional? or both?

The Chinese are now using a low grade stainless alloy in some products that is not actually that corrosion resistant. You need to locate 304 (or 18/8) stainless or better as the corrosion resistant properties are what you would expect from typical stainless flatware.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Always buy Good quality Cooking equipment and Food stuff.

i like to buy online, from wholesalers and reconisable brands... for example, Global knifes.. yes the are expensive, but once you have used high quality razor sharp knives its hard to go back!!

new topics

top topics

join