It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accurate book on Area 51 coming out in December (no aliens, no conspiracies)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

I got misquoted. I never questioned if Peter worked at Groom Lake because I know he didn't.

Can you write a book about the Nazis without wearing the brown shirt? The answer is yes. You dig up old Nazi records, talk to Nazis, etc.

So to write a book on Groom Lake, you interview the ex-workers, use declassified documents, etc. Now Annie Jacoben had the same opportunity, but sadly possessed no BS filter.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by gariac

I got misquoted. I never questioned if Peter worked at Groom Lake because I know he didn't.

Sorry if I have misquoted you, but why then did you not say earlier that you knew that he didn't worked at Groom Lake?

Originally posted by gariac
So to write a book on Groom Lake, you interview the ex-workers, use declassified documents, etc. Now Annie Jacoben had the same opportunity, but sadly possessed no BS filter.

Of course when someone would go write a book on Groom Lake and did not have worked there he or she go interview the ex-workers, use declassified documents, etc. just as Annie Jacobsen did.
But then he or she will therefore only get to know just a part of the whole puzzle in my opinion, just as happened with Annie Jacobsen as you can see here.

“You don’t want to know,” said this anonymous source, when grilled about the most nefarious part of Ms. Jacobsen’s U.F.O. theory. She asked again. “You don’t know the half of it,” he replied, still stonewalling. And then, over lunch, she put a crouton on a plate and asked how the extent of her knowledge about the whole Area 51 story compared with the crouton-plate ratio.
Great news for ufologists: the still-untold truth, this man finally admitted, is bigger than the crouton. Bigger than the plate. To the delight of conspiracy fans everywhere, it remains bigger than the whole table.

www.nytimes.com...

And I am especially interested in that other part of that puzzle.

Just curious, but why did you say that Annie Jacobsen sadly possessed no BS filter?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
The Manhattan Project was once highly classified, but now a historian can write an accurate history about it by using properly vetted source materials such as archival documents and interviews with people who worked on the program. many authors have, in fact, written fine histories of the Manhattan Project, and no one calls into question whether these are historically accurate (particularly if the author has good credentials).

It is now just as easy to write an accurate history of Area 51. A vast amount of material has been declassified by the CIA, Air Force, etc., and a surprisingly large amount of material was never classified to begin with. There are also a lot of former workers (with bona fide credentials) who are willing and able to share their stories.

Annie Jacobsen had a chance to take advantage of this opportunity, and failed miserably. She couldn't even get many of the basic facts right (her book contains numerous factual errors), and she hung the whole thing on one outlandish tale told by a single source who never worked at Area 51. Worse yet, she made his story the centerpiece of her book without any corroboration or evidence to support it. (It should be noted that other researchers have found numerous parallels between the tale in question to a science fiction story called "Tomb Tapper" by James Blish.)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

If Peter worked at Groom in the past, I doubt he would be copying CIA documents I pulled off of CREST (National Archives, 3rd floor).

Jacobsen's lack of BS filter is obvious.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I have a question. If the government wanted to keep things a secret wouldnt they? AREA-51 could have been kept a secret if bob lazar never spoke. wouldnt they pay him to make fake stories to keep heat off of what is really happening.like Majestic 12 projcts no one will ever know the recent ones. so couldnt they do that with every base, secrets,meetings and encounters. its called a secret for a reason. i have a bit ok skeptical on secrets but i have an open mind. feel free to prove me wrong or to clear up some things for me

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by xd00206

Take a look through this link, there is a wealth of real information and all of your questions are awnsered in depth...

Dreamland Resort/Area 51 frequently asked questions

If your interested in the real history behind what has gone on out there and not made up stories of aliens you should enjoy this link as well..

Roadrunners Internationale

edit on 3-9-2011 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

The Roadrunners were there, so their history is as good as they remember it. Their website is a clusterf***. It reminds me of a time when the internet was new so you had to have music and things flashing on the screen.

When the dust settles, I think I rather just read a book.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

I agree that their website is in dire need of a face-lift. I think most agree that the tedious navigation, haphazard organisation and garish cosmetics are a minor inconvenience to tolerate in exchange for the wealth of first person anecdotes and unique information the site has to offer.

To be honest its a little surprising to me that there hasn't been an intrepid oxcart enthusiast with some web design experience step up to the plate and donate the time to give them something a bit more worthy.

Regardless, I will be reading the book as well.

edit on 3-9-2011 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

As a reminder, I have Ken Collins A-12 crash testimony here:
www.lazygranch.com...

I learned about Have Glib at the Roadrunners event in Vegas from one of the members, which is why I searched for details on the CIA server at NARA. There is very little information about the project on the internet. It is now run at Site-4 near the Tonopah Test Range.

It is my understanding that Wright Patterson handles all the under the table purchases of foreign equipment. If there is a C130 flying around with shrink wrapped $100 bills, it paid a visit to Wright Patterson.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join