It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

laws of relocation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I was informed you can only be taken for child support in one state. Can anyone give me their information on this?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by gossipnancy

Taken? For what? or maybe how?

Talk to your lawyer.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I was told child support for one kid can only be taken out of your pay in one state. And that is the state the woman initially files against you in. After this if you leave that state she cannot folow you to another state and file against you again.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
not true you can be extradited back to said state except from mass at one time do not know if still the case
back in the eighties texas and mass were only two that would not extradite for child support

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by RUNSILENT

That doesnt really answer the question. Do they extradite you back because she isnt allowed to file against you again in another state?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
It sounds like you are trying to get out of supporting your kid. Could you please clarify so I can properly criticize you?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusLives
It sounds like you are trying to get out of supporting your kid. Could you please clarify so I can properly criticize you?

Classic quote well deserving of a star.

Good job

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusLives

I do not pay child support and i am also not ordered to do so. I am just curious how this works.

And it's very off topic and aggravating you come to this thread and pollute it with things that have nothing to do with the topic.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

Originally posted by JesusLives

Classic quote well deserving of a star.

Good job

Classic pre judgement

Good Job
//sarcasm

Actually sounded to me like someone is trying to make multiple claims against him across multiple states...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

she can file wherever the child is located and that state can extradite you back
usually you get pulled over for speeding or you get in a fight in a bar you get run thru system and hold pops
had a friend who proved he was paying for a child that was not his and the court argued that he paid three years
therefore he was to pay til 21
wonderful law that huh that was when he went to Massachusetts and indiana could not drag him back
however if when he came here to visit his daughter had they found out probably would have been bad
you need to go to law.com or somewhere
most lawyers will give a free consultation see where you stand but remember in usa he who hires best snake wins

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by RUNSILENT

until 21? what state is that? My state you pay until the child is 18 and then the child is considered an adult.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Indiana paid my last payment last march 16 years of half checks then April no job so be careful and get good advice do not wing it
my daughters are now both college grads the youngest just got her RN liscense and oldest is getting a masters degree
so they will do better than i who joined nuclear navy and struggled to make a living ever since
any way get a lawyer or you stand no chance you will pay hers to rob you blind

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
You shouldn't have to be court ordered to pay child support. The child still needs food and clothing whether or not it's gone to court. If it's yours...take care of it

I think it depends on the state so you'll have to check your states particular laws as to whether or not another state can make you pay.

How long you pay depends on you or a court order...You can have to pay until the child finishes school...This includes college.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by gossipnancy
reply to post by JesusLives

I do not pay child support and i am also not ordered to do so. I am just curious how this works.

And it's very off topic and aggravating you come to this thread and pollute it with things that have nothing to do with the topic.

Methinks thou dost protest too much-W.S.

new topics

top topics

join