It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Irene be the Big Test of

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Preppers arrangments?..You will have loss of power,looters an thugs,smashed homes,no stores....are you ready?...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by gandamack2

Cops will be really busy...thugs love that sort of situation...look for lots of home invasions,especially in gunless New York

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Hey, I have been thinking the same thing. This looks like it's going to be a test for the big thing! I have no doubt the hurricane is real and the threat posed is huge but these precautions and methods look rehearsed and they are ready to gear up for the big thing when it arrives.
Can you even begin to grasp an evacuation in Newyork... the criminals would be in heaven but also WHERE WOULD THEY PUT ALL THESE PEOPLE....unless the underground bunkers are true?

How is the Government going to say...., 'Hey guys! Don't worry me and my homies have built a massive underground bunker'... That will be interesting!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Kostas

the bunkers are for special people not the tax paying rabble....
that's what the FEMA camps are for

have fun fighting over who gets the top bunk

really though I think Irene is gonna be allot of rain and not much else.
The Big Test is gonna be who can stay dry the longest

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I have always said, if the times came to an end and the need for camps, underground bunkers and such likes became available... you'd find me persistent above ground. I won't be joining into no camps or societies. You'll find me roaming around the Amazon as a 1 man show living off the land! If I am facing death.... I'm facing it...! I'd love to say, in a country voice..'OI TROTTERS GER' OF MY LAND!'

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Are you serious!!! Would you like a little sugar with your cup of fear?
This is a chicken s#!t little hurricane which at best will be a weak cat 2 by landfall. You've obviously never been through a hurricane. You want real life expectations?

Expect small limbs and branches of old trees to be down. Some larger trees with week root systems may be felled as well, possibly knocking out power lines.

Expect a few roof shingles and poorly secured awings to be blown off of older buildings.

Expect minor street flooding in lower areas due to high winds and heavy rains.

Expect spotty power outages which in most areas will be restored within 24 to 48 hours.

My suggestion, Board your windows with at least 1/2 plywood. Have a generator with enough fuel to last about 4 to 5 days just in case to opperate essential electronics and appliances (DO NOT KEEP INSIDE HOUSE). Have a chainsaw to remove fallen trees and branches. Have several cases of bottled water for drinking and few buckets of tap water for toilet use. Have a large ice chest filled about 3/4 of the way with ice to keep perishable foods fresh in the event of extended power lose. Have several good flashlights with fresh and spare batteries, and several large candles and matches. Invest in a good storm radio to stay informed during power outage. Know the safest place in your home in the event of a tornado, usually the lowest central most room of the house, preferably in a bathtub. Aftert that, use this time as an opportunity to catch up on some reading.

Be Safe, Stay inside, And Good Luck.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by amaster

You are correct! I don't think in my 27 years I have ever seen a hurricane reach the Northeast.

I will add that our infrastructure up here more than likely IS NOT prepared for one, albeit a little harmless
category 2 hurricane...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by HardyWhite

Correct me if I'm wrong, but most of the area to be affected is above sea level? I really don't think there will be much flooding, and if so, flood leves will drop rather quickly. Storm surge from a Cat 2 should be minimal, even in areas with little or no protection.

You're right though, there may be some infrastrcture issues that may arise, but I doubt they will be of major consequence.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
This will probably be a test for the federal first responders. But not the preppers. The real preppers would have already bugged out by now.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Ive been going thru hurricanes since(that I remember) Audrey in 58...I live in the cannons mouth...was at NASA in Hancock County in Mississippi for Katrina(we got the eye)...I know 'canes....I am sure the NE doesnt....gonna be a bunch of hoo-ha for sure...and ML

top topics

join