It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge river found flowing BENEATH the Amazon.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
This is rather interesing.

Often we like to think that everything on earth have been discovered, and then they discover something as big as this.

And, they say, their results indicate moving water 13,100 feet down, forming a river 3,700 miles long - about the same length as the Amazon. It's been named Hamza, after the head of the research team that discovered it.

Here is the full article

Just thought i would bring it to your attention. This also makes me wonder how many other undiscovered sub terranian things there still are, be it rivers, or caves. I suspect it will still be a long time, before we will truely know the full extend of it all.

vvv

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Hey thanks for that!
Nothing surprises me anymore with all these new findings! No longer is it a world within a world but now a river... within a river! I can't wait for the moment when scientist claim a life within a life!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kostas
Hey thanks for that!
Nothing surprises me anymore with all these new findings! No longer is it a world within a world but now a river... within a river! I can't wait for the moment when scientist claim a life within a life!

wouldn't that be pregnancy?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
It will be interesting to see what life forms exist down there. Perhaps the fountain of youth?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
wouldn't that be pregnancy?

Not really... *cleverly tries to think of something to input*.... hmmm erm.... you can't say pregnancy is a life within a life. A life is only a life once the pregnant women has give birth SO during pregnancy life is being CREATED but life isn't life until the giving birth stage has happened. Your wrong, I'm right. (Slightly know your right though).

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
This is a nice find
. It also shows fresh water can support undergrounders if needed... I wonder do these form from water seeping from the above ground river over time forming streams then creeks ect.
edit on 8/26/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Please add any comments to the existing thread found here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join