It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Building Bombed in Nigeria - Is the UN now the target of Terrorists?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
The UN building in Nigeria was bombed this morning. No word yet on casualties, but the damage does seem to be extensive as a whole wing of the building was flattened.

www.ctv.ca...
ABUJA, Nigeria — A large explosion struck the United Nations' main office in Nigeria's capital Friday, flattening one wing of the building. A UN official in Geneva called it a bomb attack.
Alessandra Vellucci, a spokeswoman for the UN office in Geneva, said the global body's offices in Abuja had been bombed. She told The Associated Press that there was no word yet on casualties."

It seems that the terrorists are having trouble staying focused. They don't which country to specifically target anymore. The US, Britain, Germany, the African Union? I guess it's just a "what the heck, let's just get them all at once, in one place" attitude. I Just don't get it

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by palg1

I'm not sure, but I do know that this is not getting nearly the coverage it should thanks to irene. Things always happen at such convenient times huh?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
It's hard to put that into actual terms, here goes.

The Terrorists (U.N.) were retaliated against by either, people seeking revenge for earlier U.N. Terrorism, or the U.N. bombed itself for some reason.

There, that's closer.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by palg1

The UN missions throughout the world have always been targets. Remember back in 2004? They bombed the UN humanitartian mission in Iraq, causing them to pull out for a period of time.

Even when you're trying to help, you're bound to irratate someone else. Just look at Somalia...it's a ongoing thing.

Update on the news is that there were 7 fatalities
edit on 26-8-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Thanks for the reminder. I happen to agree with your view that when you help someone, there is always someone that will be left wanting. It's all kind of senseless.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

Get real, The UN are not the terrorists.

Do you sympathize with those who attacked and killed these innocent people? If yes, tell me who made themselves judge and jury and who gave the order to condemned them to death. What was the very specific charge against them individually. At least when the UN charges people of atrocities they give them a fair trial.
These people didn't stand a chance.

Justify that!

PS: You know that other people do business in those buildings as well. Aid organizations from around the world for instance. There just to help, no political hidden agenda. Just to make the world a better place.
edit on 26-8-2011 by palg1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Mods,

Can you please move this to the War on Terrorism forum?

top topics

join