It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CONFIRMED : It was Meteorite (Cuzco - Peru)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by Trueman

- NO !, there isn't NASA in Peru or other that can detect massive ionization and alert the people.

Actually, NASA orbits over Peru with Earth scanning equipment. So does the military of all nations. An ionization trail like that one would slice across all their instrumentation like a hot knife through butter!

Yeah, but I don't think NASA shares data with Peru. My opinion about NASA is mostly bad, honestly my friend. Well, I think that's another topic.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

reply to post by Trueman

So, a meteorite can cause a wildfire. Yes or no?

Probably not.

That means you are not sure. Come on man, say it ! (lol).

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
It looks like a plane and contrail. Actually when they zoom in you can even see each seperate contrail from each engine so what is there to debunk here?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Edews
It looks like a plane and contrail. Actually when they zoom in you can even see each seperate contrail from each engine so what is there to debunk here?

To debunk : The peruvian national media confirmed the event as a meteorite.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

Originally posted by Edews

To debunk : The peruvian national media confirmed the event as a meteorite.

How did they confirm it?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Edews

The local media already stated it was a meteorite, but according to what we were discussing it sems to be wrong. Defensa Civil (like FEMA), sent a group to the area but knowing them, they will probably give up soon because it's hard to explore all that area.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

I wasn't calling all Peruvians ignorant, just the blatantly ignorant ones.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

I know better than to declare something "impossible!" Just because I have never encountered an account of a meteorite starting a fire does not mean that someone with more motivation might not dig through archive after archive until they find an obscure but well documented case! It is true that eyewitnesses to the Tunguska event reported a glow on the horizon that they attributed to "burning." They were all quite distant and did not actually see flames. Given that the current thinking is that the body was a chunk of comet (a theory I personally subscribe to) it is possible that hydrogen volatized in the Earth's atmosphere and ignited, ala Hindenburg. This would not, then, be a typical meteoric occurrence!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

reply to post by Trueman

I know better than to declare something "impossible!" Just because I have never encountered an account of a meteorite starting a fire does not mean that someone with more motivation might not dig through archive after archive until they find an obscure but well documented case! It is true that eyewitnesses to the Tunguska event reported a glow on the horizon that they attributed to "burning." They were all quite distant and did not actually see flames. Given that the current thinking is that the body was a chunk of comet (a theory I personally subscribe to) it is possible that hydrogen volatized in the Earth's atmosphere and ignited, ala Hindenburg. This would not, then, be a typical meteoric occurrence!

That was a very complicated way to say "yes". Feels good right?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

No, it was an unnecessarily qualified way of saying "no!"

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

reply to post by Trueman

About 10 days ago an alleged fireball was observed in Cuzco. Now it has been confirmed. They discuss now about it as a possible explanation for the wildfires reported in the area.

Meteorites have never been known to cause a fire. What people think are "flames" is actually an ionization trail caused by the passage of the meteor through the atmosphere. The outer layer of the meteor ablates, that is, it is stripped away, leaving the interior of the "rock" relatively cool. Meteorites have been known to pass through several layers of wood as they crash through the roofs of houses, and they have never started a fire.

So, based in your explanation Tunguska should be debunked too.

For Info here is an extract about the Tunguska blast. It had the power of 180 Hiroshima bombs.

science.nasa.gov... a/

"A century later some still debate the cause and come up with different scenarios that could have caused the explosion," said Yeomans. "But the generally agreed upon theory is that on the morning of June 30, 1908, a large space rock, about 120 feet across, entered the atmosphere of Siberia and then detonated in the sky." It is estimated the asteroid entered Earth's atmosphere traveling at a speed of about 33,500 miles per hour. During its quick plunge, the 220-million-pound space rock heated the air surrounding it to 44,500 degrees Fahrenheit. At 7:17 a.m. (local Siberia time), at a height of about 28,000 feet, the combination of pressure and heat caused the asteroid to fragment and annihilate itself, producing a fireball and releasing energy equivalent to about 185 Hiroshima bombs.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

reply to post by Trueman

No, it was an unnecessarily qualified way of saying "no!"

Brother,,,,,haha....

I got dizzy.
edit on 26-8-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join