It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CONFIRMED : It was Meteorite (Cuzco - Peru)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
About 10 days ago an alleged fireball was observed in Cuzco. Now it has been confirmed. They discuss now about it as a possible explanation for the wildfires reported in the area.

Google translated :

Images confirm that the passage of meteorite are ten days ago
Thu, 25/08/2011 - 22:37

Juan Manuel Chara, the journalist who took pictures of the impressive meteorite that was observed in the sky Cuzco, confirmed that they are ten days ago and were not taken on Thursday, initially reported as a correspondent for Channel N from the site.

Speaking to RPP, Chara said that shots were captured in the district of Velille in Chumbivilcas, while returning from an inspection of a road.

"I was in Velille and come back when I was in a van, the passengers and I saw a wave of fire that moved from south to north. Then I took the camera and I shot it, "he said.

Similarly, the communicator said the phenomenon of the recorded video was sent to a television station in Cusco, but it did not have much significance.

www.larepublica.pe...
www.larepublica.pe...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
wow, that's really hard to believe. everything about it is like 100% plane. when the camera zooms I would of at least expected to see some debris sparking off and a different trail pattern.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

About 10 days ago an alleged fireball was observed in Cuzco. Now it has been confirmed. They discuss now about it as a possible explanation for the wildfires reported in the area.

Meteorites have never been known to cause a fire. What people think are "flames" is actually an ionization trail caused by the passage of the meteor through the atmosphere. The outer layer of the meteor ablates, that is, it is stripped away, leaving the interior of the "rock" relatively cool. Meteorites have been known to pass through several layers of wood as they crash through the roofs of houses, and they have never started a fire.

The "object" in the video is a contrail illuminated by the Sun. The change in date is suspicious, perhaps to tie it in with the wild fires. This video is no different than the infamous California "mystery missile."
edit on 26-8-2011 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

I know. I just delivered it.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
lol so thats where America's 'lost' military 'faster than sound' plane got to

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by Trueman

Meteorites have never been known to cause a fire. What people think are "flames" is actually an ionization trail caused by the passage of the meteor through the atmosphere. The outer layer of the meteor ablates, that is, it is stripped away, leaving the interior of the "rock" relatively cool. Meteorites have been known to pass through several layers of wood as they crash through the roofs of houses, and they have never started a fire.

So, based in your explanation Tunguska should be debunked too.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

reply to post by Trueman

The "object" in the video is a contrail illuminated by the Sun. The change in date is suspicious, perhaps to tie it in with the wild fires. This video is no different than the infamous California "mystery missile."
edit on 26-8-2011 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

- How do you know it is a contrail?... it might look like, but hard to proof (in both ways).
- What date ?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by celticpride
lol so thats where America's 'lost' military 'faster than sound' plane got to

Haha....yeah, I thought that too.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

The only thing confirmed, is the ignorance of the people that believe this is a meteor.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by josh2009s
reply to post by Trueman

The only thing confirmed, is the ignorance of the people that believe this is a meteor.

I like to put all the cards on the table first. Before you call everybody ignorant, give us your alternative explanation. What is this ?

peru.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Quite obviously an illuminated contrail.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

reply to post by Trueman

Quite obviously an illuminated contrail.

How do you know that? What evidence do you have to confirm that?

Sometimes I like to play devil's advocate role.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

It is moving way too slow. The object in the video is clearly sustaining speed. Why isn't this object falling? It's a plane. I've seen this dozens of times in real life. This is nothing unusual!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

So, based in your explanation Tunguska should be debunked too.

Tunguska was a much larger event! Even still, the trees near the epicenter were knocked down, not burnt to a crisp.

www.independent.co.uk...

Note that the bark even remains on the trees!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

- How do you know it is a contrail?... it might look like, but hard to proof (in both ways).
- What date ?

It is very easy to eliminate the possibility that it is a meteor: it is moving far, far too slowly! A meteor passes through the Earth's atmosphere at thousands of kilometers per second. Since meteors either burn up in the atmosphere or reach the ground in a matter of seconds, this cannot be a meteor. Since it looks exactly like a contrail, that is almost certainly what it is. As for the date:

Juan Manuel Chara, the journalist who took pictures of the impressive meteorite that was observed in the sky Cuzco , confirmed that they are ten days ago and were not taken on Thursday , initially reported as a correspondent for Channel N from the site.

www.larepublica.pe...

If it were a meteor, it would have been detected by its massive ionization trail and scientists would have been alerted. Instead, it appears as a local interest item in a regional paper.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

So, a meteorite can cause a wildfire. Yes or no?

First you said no, now ....?

The size ? Nobody knows how big it needs to be in order to do that.

Come on man, I know you can do better than that.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

reply to post by Trueman

- What date ?

It is very easy to eliminate the possibility that it is a meteor: it is moving far, far too slowly! A meteor passes through the Earth's atmosphere at thousands of kilometers per second. Since meteors either burn up in the atmosphere or reach the ground in a matter of seconds, this cannot be a meteor. Since it looks exactly like a contrail, that is almost certainly what it is. As for the date:

Juan Manuel Chara, the journalist who took pictures of the impressive meteorite that was observed in the sky Cuzco , confirmed that they are ten days ago and were not taken on Thursday , initially reported as a correspondent for Channel N from the site.

www.larepublica.pe...

If it were a meteor, it would have been detected by its massive ionization trail and scientists would have been alerted. Instead, it appears as a local interest item in a regional paper.

- YES !...right on the money. It doesn't move fast. That's the only strong evidences against the meteorite.
- NO !, there isn't NASA in Peru or other that can detect massive ionization and alert the people.
- MAYBE, La Republica is a national newspaper, but the event was reported by the regional section.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

So, a meteorite can cause a wildfire. Yes or no?

Probably not.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

- NO !, there isn't NASA in Peru or other that can detect massive ionization and alert the people.

Actually, NASA orbits over Peru with Earth scanning equipment. So does the military of all nations. An ionization trail like that one would slice across all their instrumentation like a hot knife through butter!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

reply to post by Trueman

It is moving way too slow. The object in the video is clearly sustaining speed. Why isn't this object falling? It's a plane. I've seen this dozens of times in real life. This is nothing unusual!

That post is way better than calling all peruvians in Cuzco ignorants right off the bat. We are here to bring light.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join