It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SAS Survial Guide --- A Book You Must Get!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Hands down one of the necessities in your survival kit - the amount of information in this book is staggering.

I've been through some of the finest and most detailed survival courses, and this book reinforces that training.

Couldn't recommend it highly enough.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
Hi guys, i bought a book about 6 months ago called the SAS Survial Guide by John 'Lofty' Wiseman, and i must say, it is an excellent book. It covers everything you can think of, like how to make rafts and shelters, to how to survive in every climate and continent. It is truly a guide you need if in trouble. I recommend this book to everyone. You never know when you need it.

Yes its a great book that covers a very wide variety of topics of survival, a must have for anyone. Also a very good book to read is "When All Hell Breaks Loose" by Cody Lundin, he's also the guy on Dual Survival on Discovery Channel, his book covers lots of stuff on scavaging for food, improvised shelters, surviving with minimal gear using primitive tools and how to go about making them, also human waste treatment a "poop pit", his book gets down to the nitty gritty that lots of other books don't care to talk about and its pretty funny as well. What makes his book more believable is he actually lives his life everyday like that, he's completely off the grid and self sufficient, he's not just a writer selling a book that only studies "Survival" through a textbook or others experiences.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Ive seen this book and I have contemplated buying it several times but I havent done so yet.

Did John Wiseman actually serve in 'The Regiment' as 'they' are known? Or is this all secondhand collected stuff he has learned along the way with a few tips from those who actually served in the SAS?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I own the book-shelf sized paperback as well as the pocket version (in my BOB). The OP is right, this book is indespensible! I recommend it to anyone and everyone intersted in having to survive with only the cloths on your back, a BOB and limited resources. Very detailed and descriptive. It would make it easy even for the most novice among us to take many of the techniques and immediately employ them for survival.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Agree with the OP.. This is a thorough and concise guide. I feel safer having it. It's one of those books that you hope you never have to use, but will be glad you own.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silend
does the book say which plants you can eat in Europe?

better off sticking to insects that are not hairy or bright in color. Plants are very dangerous if you dont know what your doing

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

Did John Wiseman actually serve in 'The Regiment' as 'they' are known? Or is this all secondhand collected stuff he has learned along the way with a few tips from those who actually served in the SAS?

John served with 22 SAS for 26 years (and, as he likes to point out, 55 days)! He saw active service worldwide, in every theatre of operations and special operations required of the British Army between 1959 and 1985. Amongst other things, John was Sergeant Major, B Squadron (Sabre Sqn) 22 SAS, Sergeant Major 22 SAS Training Wing, Head of Operational Research 22 SAS, set up the SP Team (Counter Hi-Jack), set up the SAS Counter-Terrorist Team (you know…those chaps who ended the Iranian Embassy siege) and trained the first members of the US Green Berets to return to the USA to form the famous Delta Force (US Special Forces).

www.truewayssurvival.com... s/Lofty-Wiseman-Survival-Expert.html

he's been there, done it, and wrote the book. this is the book.

edit on 3-9-2011 by aynock because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-9-2011 by aynock because: clarity

top topics

<< 1   >>

join