It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They Are Steering Hurrican Irene.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by subject x

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by StrawberryTwo

Sources?

Especially the gas powered HAARP bit, that's a first for me!

Near as I can tell, it's based off of this kind of stuff:

The winning contractor to build HAARP was ARCO Power Technologies, or APTI. ARCO has historically been one of Alaska's largest employers and they initially set up APTI as a subsidiary to construct power plants using Alaska's vast natural gas reserves. One scientist employed at APTI was Dr. Bernard Eastlund, a physicist of some note. Among Dr. Eastlund's accomplishments was the co-invention of the fusion torch, and the original owner of a 1985 U.S. patent on a "Method and apparatus for altering a region in the earth's atmosphere, ionosphere, and/or magnetosphere." Dr. Eastlund's method required a location near the poles, where the lines of the Earth's magnetic field are more or less perpendicular to the surface, like Alaska, and presumed a natural gas power source. A few years later, the HAARP program began.

Dr. Eastlund's patent, which has since become popularly known (though inaccurately) as the "HAARP patent", is widely reproduced online, often with much commentary from authors making their own interpretations of how it might be used. Specifically, the patent involves using natural gas to generate electricity to create electromagnetic radiation to excite a tiny section of the ionosphere to about 2 electron volts, thus moving it upward along the lines of the magnetic field.

source

I'd never heard the gas connection, either. I had to look it up.
It looks like just more misunderstandings from the "evil HAARP" crowd.

Haarp needs power, that power not far, it is in the form of natural gas.

Do you think they just plug it in to a 240volt socket with a 13A fuse?

Ofcourse the location is ideal, so is the fact they have power resources nearby.

All in one multi-tool all in one ideal place. Sounds a winner.

edit on 27-8-2011 by StrawberryTwo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by subject x

Hmmm.

It's all very well to use natural gas to power generators, it's not much different to what HAARP actually use, diesel...

It's a whole other thing to refine it on-site and then use it as fuel...

Where are HAARP hiding this gas refinery??

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by StrawberryTwo

Do you think they just plug it in to a 240volt plug?

No, I think they plug it into these:

. Pacific Detroit Diesel and Valley Diesel refurbished and installed the 2.5 MW diesel generators which are used to power the HF transmitters.
source
That's diesel, not natural gas.
edit on 27-8-2011 by subject x because:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Could be a simple test of these capabilities; you don't waste a test on what could be a decent hurricane.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Don't have to convince me, Chad.
I think it's silly, too.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Do you think they just plug it in to a 240volt plug?

No, I think they plug it into these:

. Pacific Detroit Diesel and Valley Diesel refurbished and installed the 2.5 MW diesel generators which are used to power the HF transmitters.
source
That's diesel, not natural gas.
edit on 27-8-2011 by subject x because:

So 2.5 megawatts (generator(s) plural reference so more than one?) input, with a 1000 dbi gain antenna farm (that is gain per antenna not total antenna count), that's quite a bit of power, and its not at its full capabiltiy.

now if that is focused in a small area, what kind of energy would the ionosphere receive in that small area? Based on those numbers?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Please tell us how you've come to make this statement...

In short, it is a multi-tool for the government that sits on top of HUGE gas reserves which power it

Do you know what's involved in refining gas?

You can't just stick a pipe in the ground and plumb that into a gas turbine...you do realise this?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Please tell us how you've come to make this statement...

In short, it is a multi-tool for the government that sits on top of HUGE gas reserves which power it

Do you know what's involved in refining gas?

You can't just stick a pipe in the ground and plumb that into a gas turbine...you do realise this?

Sure, Raytheon owns that gas now as they bought ARCO via E-Systems, so they refine that gas elsewhere then use the energy from the refining plant that is elsewhere.

Did they sell on those gas fields after they bought ARCO?

Lets not forget this is just small scale testing phases, when they need to go full power, they will need a lot of power and those generators just won't cut it.

If you also look back in my previous posts you will see that I said HAARP is not doing the Irene interaction, it is in the opposite direction.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

But you said HAARP sits on top of huge gas reserves which it uses...

Now you're telling me it comes from elsewhere?

Which one is it?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

But you said HAARP sits on top of huge gas reserves which it uses...

Which one is it?

When I say on top of it i don't mean under its rse lol I mean there is plentyful gas reserves in the area.

If they need much more power sources, they have it not far away, a 2.5MW desil generator will not operate it at its full potential capacity. They are in testing phases.

"sitting on top" means they don't have to haul in boats of OIL or from Texas or what not.

I am betting Raytheon still own the gas fields, they are holding onto them for a reason otherwise they could have sold them on if they are not necessary or have no usefulness.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Her`s more from from the same lady that i`d posted earlier.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Which one is it?

Apparently HAARP is a red herring. Irene is being steered by the Arecibo radio telescope in Puerto Rico ....

(don't ask
)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Which one is it?

Apparently HAARP is a red herring. Irene is being steered by the Arecibo radio telescope in Puerto Rico ....

(don't ask
)

Can you explain the 10 hour glitch for us? What causes the glitch? Why does it last 10 hours? Why does the glitch fit in with the temperature scale on the data? If the glitch is a "known" artifact, why does the software not filter it out?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
This can explain the drama from the media and the government. I think this was caused A) to prepare the population for emergency situations. B) as a warning from a certain group to the government. C) to expose of the peoples fear and to make the world counciness vibration lower

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

How many more times?

The individual images that are used as input into this product sometimes contain bad data in the form of missing scanlines or anamalously high or low values that often stretch in an arc across the image. When these areas are incorporated into the MIMIC product they form artifacts that fade in and out, and appear to move with the storm center. However, they have no physical meaning and hopefully they will not obstruct your interpretation of the imagery.

cimss.ssec.wisc.edu...

It's there in black and white on the website#

Edit: now, can you explain how and why you think these glitches are caused by the Arecibo radio telescope?
edit on 27-8-2011 by Essan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

How many more times?

The individual images that are used as input into this product sometimes contain bad data in the form of missing scanlines or anamalously high or low values that often stretch in an arc across the image. When these areas are incorporated into the MIMIC product they form artifacts that fade in and out, and appear to move with the storm center. However, they have no physical meaning and hopefully they will not obstruct your interpretation of the imagery.

cimss.ssec.wisc.edu...

It's there in black and white on the website

So it happens so often they have to explain what causes them..

Ok so there should be plenty of imagery that shows these "artifacts". Can you show them?

You obviously watch these images often and have seen them before.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
This video shows how they can steer a hurricane

skip to minute 21:00 if you don't want to watch the whole documentary

edit on 27-8-2011 by MathiasAndrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

So 2.5 megawatts (generator(s) plural reference so more than one?) input, with a 1000 dbi gain antenna farm (that is gain per antenna not total antenna count), that's quite a bit of power, and its not at its full capabiltiy.

You do know that the generator power is not amplified by the antenna array, right? That seems to be what you're saying. The generators power the transmitter, with 3.6Mw output, and that gets broadcast by the antenna.

now if that is focused in a small area, what kind of energy would the ionosphere receive in that small area? Based on those numbers?

Not all that much, really.

The power density produced by the completed facility will not exceed 3 to 4 microwatts per cm2

source
It has enough power to "heat up" a volume only a few meters thick by tens of kilometers diameter, which is obviously insufficient to have any effect on a storm as big as Irene, even if the heated up area wasn't directly over the facility.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

You do know that the generator power is not amplified by the antenna array, right? That seems to be what you're saying. The generators power the transmitter, with 3.6Mw output, and that gets broadcast by the antenna.

Not all that much, really.

The power density produced by the completed facility will not exceed 3 to 4 microwatts per cm2

source
It has enough power to "heat up" a volume only a few meters thick by tens of kilometers diameter, which is obviously insufficient to have any effect on a storm as big as Irene, even if the heated up area wasn't directly over the facility.

You forgot the antenna gain, 1000 dbi is last numbers I saw and that was old numbers.

I don't have the latest antenna gain values here.

Yes i understand the generator doesnt power the antennas but the transmitter and whatever else they need.

Can anybody simply show the correleation of the Peuto Rico output at this 10 hour time period and HAARP (even though that is in the other direction but just out of curiosity).

There should be no correlation then that would put this thread to rest right?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

You forgot the antenna gain, 1000 dbi is last numbers I saw and that was old numbers.

I don't have the latest antenna gain values here.

Ok, so if it's not just a few microwatts per cm2, how much is it?

Any correlation between Puerto Rico and HAARP would be irrelevant, because you can't steer a hurricane with a radio.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join