It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perfect Religion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
In your image what would the perfect religion be? What kind of god would it have if any? What would be the beliefs and practises that are involved in your perfect religion? and all that jazz

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
well...for a perfect religion to exist, I don't think that mankind could be around. We have a history of messing things up...

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
My religion would be that I am the God...everybody worships ME!!!! They can do anything they want and still get into heaven...but they have to worship me once a week or I shall smite them. Thats it

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
My religion would be that I am the God...everybody worships ME!!!! They can do anything they want and still get into heaven...but they have to worship me once a week or I shall smite them. Thats it

Sound like a dictatorship to me, god spare me from your religion.

The best religion is not religion at all.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
The best religion is not religion at all.

Simple but elegant.
Complex but crude.
The words contain pride.
But the words cause this pride to dissolve upon contemplation.

Books could be written on this subject and could not have explained the subject better than these 8 words.

Or simply put, I agree.

[Edited on 20-8-2004 by Raphael_UO]

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Raphael_UO,

Thanks for that, I tell you it is better than dreamlandmafia, supper ego trip of dominace. (no offense is just a joke).

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Raphael_UO,

Thanks for that, I tell you it is better than dreamlandmafia, supper ego trip of dominace. (no offense is just a joke).

Why I believe the truth in your words may not be the same as why you believe the truth in those words.

Religions tend to focus on "why to believe" and "what to believe" but not on "how to believe".
When one learns "how to believe" religions are not required.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
How is that a "super ego trip of dominance"?? If you think thats being a dictator then you should think the same as Christianity. Basically if you dont worship god and do what he says...you go to hell. God is an ego maniac. Everybody has to follow what he says...or GO TO HELL!!! With my religion people could do whatever they wanted...since nothing would be "evil"...and still get into heaven...aslong as they worshipped me. I see Christianity as being worse...much worse.

[Edited on 21-8-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
dreamlandmafia,

ha, ha, ha, so not ego trip for worshiping you right.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I never said that...i said that its not a "super ego trip of dominance." And that the Christian god has a much bigger ego if he makes everybody worship him all the time by following his god damned book and #ed up rules and if they dont they go to hell. All mine would be is they can do wtvr they want aslong as they just worship me once a week. It can just be one small "I love you DreamLandMafia"...thats it. Its not because id be on a big ego trip...just that I let them do whatever they want and still get into heaven than they should be showing me a LITTLE gratitude.

Maybe you should be reading a little better...k?

[Edited on 21-8-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

new topics

top topics

join