It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Irene Just Divide in TWO?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Guys here is a reason why the some of the images of irene are blacked or frozen... it appears there is an unnatural presence of ... "something" in the air (HAARP??)

Very clear image

At 26 seconds

edit on 26-8-2011 by seenavv because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MRedfield
It's currently going through an Eyewall Replacement Cycle.

en.wikipedia.org...

Eyewall replacement cycles, also called concentric eyewall cycles, naturally occur in intense tropical cyclones, generally with winds greater than 185 km/h (115 mph), or major hurricanes (Category 3 or above). When tropical cyclones reach this intensity, and the eyewall contracts or is already sufficiently small, some of the outer rainbands may strengthen and organize into a ring of thunderstorms—an outer eyewall—that slowly moves inward and robs the inner eyewall of its needed moisture and angular momentum. Since the strongest winds are located in a cyclone's eyewall, the tropical cyclone usually weakens during this phase, as the inner wall is "choked" by the outer wall. Eventually the outer eyewall replaces the inner one completely, and the storm can re-intensify.

This is what is happening to it right now, which is why it's down to a Cat 2, and seeming to fight itself. This may be good for NC, but worse for those states up North when it reforms and gains strength again further up the coast than it would've before.
edit on 26-8-2011 by MRedfield because: (no reason given)

If this storm is going to strengthening again, it will happen right before it makes landfall as it passes over the warmer waters from the gulf stream closer to the coast. This does not spell bad news for the states farther up North. Once this storm makes land fall it will begin to lose energy with no more warm water to pull from. The only reason this storm could be a Cat 1 as it moves into New England is strictly due to it's size. If the storm was smaller, it would lose enough energy that by the time it reached farther North it would be a Tropical Depression.

link   
reply to post by MRedfield

wouldn't the cold water up north slow the hurricane down anyway?

link   
whatever it it is, its definitely some sort of beam @ :26 coming from roundabouts the object to the right of hispaniola (haiti+dominican republic).

that object is puerto rico. i didnt know PR has a big HAARP set up. until i read about it here on ATS (see the Steering thread)

link   
growing more and MORE defined and separate.

cnn image

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
^ wow HAARP is really doin a frackin Frankenstein on Irene.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
If this storm is going to strengthening again, it will happen right before it makes landfall as it passes over the warmer waters from the gulf stream closer to the coast. This does not spell bad news for the states farther up North. Once this storm makes land fall it will begin to lose energy with no more warm water to pull from. The only reason this storm could be a Cat 1 as it moves into New England is strictly due to it's size. If the storm was smaller, it would lose enough energy that by the time it reached farther North it would be a Tropical Depression.

Originally posted by elrey72011

wouldn't the cold water up north slow the hurricane down anyway?

I think you two took my "North" a little too far.
I mean further North than it would've hit had this not happened, since it will now slow down and regain strength, possibly giving it time to alter it's course a little more.

It's all in the air right now, who knows what's gonna happen. It's all guesswork and a white coat, right?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
So if it does split like Edna did, or has split - would this be the time for it to happen- during the wall replacement cycle?

I find it terribly interesting what would happen during a split that deviates from normal. Any instruction would be appreciated.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
can't help but wonder IF the storm is 'steered' away from the coastline ... will the Obama EGO be able to promote a 'natural' occurrence or will HAARP be touted as the 'saviour' we're supposed to think it is.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
can't help but wonder IF the storm is 'steered' away from the coastline ... will the Obama EGO be able to promote a 'natural' occurrence or will HAARP be touted as the 'saviour' we're supposed to think it is.

After project stormfury people sued, so I doubt they will ever admit it.
It would make some people go bonkers too. I can only imagine a wide range of people being upset that the govt wields that sort of power

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Cnn updates every 10 minutes so I will post the links as they do...

How is this thing moving so much in 10 minutes? the "minicane" (tm) seems to be like a storm bullet, it's bolting.

cnn image

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

seenav's video post shows the haarp beam steering it away from W (florida) and to N (ny tristate area)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
so it's only a cat 2 right now? is it supposed to get stronger as it goes north?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Here's another link on Edna:
www.pivot.net...

he eye of the storm split into two sections. One eye was said to be over Cape Cod near Brewster, while the other was said to be northeast of Provincetown. Record pressure readings at Truro (28.29") and Nantucket (28.18") supported the presence of the two eyes as they are over 60 miles apart.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Guess work and a white coat.... that's a really good way to describe it

Here is the current Infrared Satellite 3 hour loop from the National Weather Service.
NOAA

After reading your post about eyewall replacement I really think you may have nailed it. I had never heard of that before and I am currently looking more into what happened with Edna before I look into it more, but eyewall replacement cycle really makes a lot sense against the images I am looking at. No idea how much longer I am going to hold out, my eye lids are already getting heavy.

What I do find odd is the clear amount of distance. The "second eye" (for lack of a better term) appears to be closer to the NC/SC boarder, but the actual eye of this hurricane is still off the coast of Florida.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by elrey72011

It's only a Cat 2 right now, yes, and it COULD possibly jump back up to a Cat 3 or 4 if it is indeed undergoing an eyewall replacement. It's hard to predict what is going on inside of it right now, it could just get weaker as it heads up and inland, hitting as a Cat 1 for NC and a TS for the rest.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
which government agency flies into the hurricanes? is it the CG or AF? thats one crazy job i definitely dont have the stomach for.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

so it's only a cat 2 right now? is it supposed to get stronger as it goes north?

It is only a Cat 2 now because the wind speed decreased just a little. It is still around 110 mph winds which makes it a very strong Cat 2 hurricane.. if the wind picks up by 5 mph it will be a Cat 3. However, the eye of this storm is getting ready to move into warmer water. When it does it can very easily pick up some more strength and once again be upgraded to a Cat 3 Hurricane which is exactly what the current projections are calling for.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
perhaps haarp also strengthens the eye?

oh, it did happen in nature too. edna's 2 eye sections reached "over 60 miles apart"

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

which government agency flies into the hurricanes? is it the CG or AF? thats one crazy job i definitely dont have the stomach for.

That would be the "Hurricane Hunters". They are Air Force Reserve.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join