It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Irene Just Divide in TWO?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Can you see it?

Do you see the eye? Interesting photo...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

what about other time frames? both blacked out, sure the same sat, but for how long..

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by exo87

I'm not fear mongering, I'm HOPING!!

NO MORE JERSEY SHORE!
NO MORE JERSEY SHORE!
NO MORE JERSEY SHORE!
NO MORE JERSEY SHORE!
That's very understandable lol!
edit on 26-8-2011 by exo87 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
cnn says eye wall separation

possible larger storm

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
VERY clear photo of what's happened to the hurricane.

CNN page

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

again it freezes before the supposed second eye forms

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

I'm just saying, on that image it's a very defined second "lump" of storm.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
hmmm, even in the image yea, sure does look like it popped a baby cyclone out, then freezes conveniently

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Looks like the first bad part of the storm will be hitting land here soon.

www.wsaz.com...

About all night I thought it might of been dying down some, but now it seems like it is getting stronger again. Let's hope for the best!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Does the eye wall cycle normally do things like this?
Seems weird to me.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frank Dinkle

possible larger storm

Well, according to this shot I finally found, it does look like a cloud mass is separating from the main eyewall into its own thing. I drew an arrow pointing at it:

Source here:
www.nnvl.noaa.gov...

From here, just zoomed in:
www.nnvl.noaa.gov...

That's right where the other "new" eye is...
edit on Fri Aug 26th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frank Dinkle

possible larger storm

Any link?? I have The Weather Channel on right now while I am scanning some different satellite images and I have seen nothing like that reported thus far.

I am not convinced yet that we are seeing a second eye forming. From what I am seeing, what we are calling a possible second eye looks more to me like a strengthening in the storm. Imagine if you will a Super Cell Thunderstorm. Not all activity in the storm will be tornadic, only a small portion. When I look at this on an infrared image that is what it reminds me of. If I had to guess, I would say that what we are seeing is a strengthening in activity off the North Eastern eye wall.

I am not an expert, I can always be wrong. However this is a bit of a hobby of mine and after moving to Louisiana a few years ago it become more of a hobby for me and the more storms I see, the more interested I get and the more I learn.

As of right now this storm has lost some strength. It has been downgraded to a Cat 2. This lose of strength was not in any of the forecast models I have seen. However, the gulf stream waters travel closer to the coast and as the eye passes over that warm water, this storm could pick up some strength again and still make landfall as a Cat 3. So anyone in the area really should keep a very close eye on the situation as it can change very quickly.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Answered my own question with Google, sorry.

Says Hurricane Edna did this

from www.mass.gov... tent&f=mema_new_england_hurricanes_of_note&csid=Eeops

Hurricane Edna September 11, 1954 ‘Edna’ arrived right on the heels of Hurricane Carol. It formed off of Barbados, reaching Category 3 strength at the Outer Banks of North Carolina, with its highest winds of 120 mph. split into two up to 60 miles apart at times, moving over Cape Cod & the Islands where peak gusts were recorded at 120 mph. Its eastern track, which resulted in heavy rain and major inland flooding, adding 5” to 7” of rain to Carol’s previous 6”. The storm was responsible for 29 deaths and $40 million damage. Ultimately, it made landfall near Eastport, Maine, becoming one of Maine’s worst-ever hurricanes. The name ‘Edna’ has been retired.

edit on 26-8-2011 by hadriana because: I'm really NOT illiterate, I just have a teeny keyboard right now.

eta looking at Etna, looks to have been about the same time and path as this one.
edit on 26-8-2011 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
It's currently going through an Eyewall Replacement Cycle.

en.wikipedia.org...

Eyewall replacement cycles, also called concentric eyewall cycles, naturally occur in intense tropical cyclones, generally with winds greater than 185 km/h (115 mph), or major hurricanes (Category 3 or above). When tropical cyclones reach this intensity, and the eyewall contracts or is already sufficiently small, some of the outer rainbands may strengthen and organize into a ring of thunderstorms—an outer eyewall—that slowly moves inward and robs the inner eyewall of its needed moisture and angular momentum. Since the strongest winds are located in a cyclone's eyewall, the tropical cyclone usually weakens during this phase, as the inner wall is "choked" by the outer wall. Eventually the outer eyewall replaces the inner one completely, and the storm can re-intensify.

This is what is happening to it right now, which is why it's down to a Cat 2, and seeming to fight itself. This may be good for NC, but worse for those states up North when it reforms and gains strength again further up the coast than it would've before.
edit on 26-8-2011 by MRedfield because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Well, ok. but if it were to split, would THIS part of the eyewall cycle be the point which it happens?
Because history says it IS possible. (I know that now. lol)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
yes hurricanes dont divide in nature.

the temporary(?) division we are seeing is mostly likely a transient(?) side effect of the haarp steering from PR.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join