It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

could the "virgin" mary have become pregnant in a public bathing pool?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Ok, so I know that there is a simipar topic currently in discussion but this is an offering of a completely different possibility that I believe many will be interested to hear about without without having to sort through so many pages of posts.

Ok, so I had this thought when I was in high-school, it was more than 4 years ago. Then today the Jesus Christ thread reminded me of it.

Is it possible that the virgin Mary could have gotten pregnant while bathing in a public bathing pool/fountain. The primary question to answer this is whether or not sperm can survive in water. I have been searching for this answer for quite a while but have only had luck finding that sperm cannot survive in water with salt, chlorine, or other purification chemicals. I've found that in a woman sperm can survive for up to five days, in the air they don't survive long as they dry out.

Well, seeing as one of these public baths would not have had "alien" (I hope you know what I mean by that) chemicals present that were not there naturally, the water would have been very close to the temperature in the environment surrounding, and almost anyone could use these to bathe I could see this having occurred if the conditions played out just right.

Basically, if there were male and female specific pools it would have been less possible but we all know that perverts exist and could have sneaked into the female pool and did his business in the water. Then, if within a very short time a woman arrived to bathe and just happened to sit near the ejaculate, the woman could unknowingly collect male genetic material and become pregnant.

If in a unisex pool the woman could have been sitting near a man who just so happened to "accidently" ejaculate into the water. Again, if close enough, the sperm could make a quick swim into the cave.

In both cases the female would need to be quite close to the swimmers to collect them, the water would need to be fairly clean and room temperature, and contain no toxic chemicals. If one of these was not met then the chances of spontaneous pregnancy would decrease substantially but with more bathing come more chances which increase probability of this occurance.

I would like to know your thoughts. My belief is that this is popular especially since at the time the technology did not exist to prove that sperm was genetic material. People would not have known to avoid it in the pool or avoid letting it arrive there. Some people in ky searches have said that sperm die even in freshwater due to increase in osmotic pressure. These people fail to realize that sperm are released at 280 million sperm/ejaculation which raises the chances of some surviving and making their way into the woman. I understand the chances are low but they are still there. Here is a link to webmd that supports the possibility of sperm surviving in untreated water www.webmd.com... , with that requirement down all that is still required is a fairly small distance between woman and sperm. Please, of you are religious, do not come in here and say that this is not possible simply because of faith and its written presence in the bible, I'm more looking for a more logical discussion about a scientificly possible way a woman could become pregnant without intercourse or otherwise sexual contact.

Please excuse strange words, I'm on my phone and it doesn't have a very accurate dictionary, I apologize.
edit on 26-8-2011 by DarkSarcasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I got the 280 million sperm/ejaculate from a different source in the link that I can't seem to find again.

Well, I'm off to bed, its 4 am here, if he thread picks up ill join in the conversation tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Or maybe she just had sex with a man
Thats how we do it where i live.The virgin tag is just an aphrodisiac

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkSarcasm

It doesn't seem that possible.
Who knows?
I don't think Jesus is a shower baby though.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
when you figure this out maybe you can have a look at how santa claus gets down all those chimneys on christmas eve.

another burning issue that needs answering.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Nah she was inseminated by an alien visitor she thought was an angel. The hymen was never broken and her hybrid son was eventually born.

Can't believe you didn't know that

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I bet you guys just jumped in here to answer the question in the thread title without even reading the op or visiting the link.

Yea, she could have had sex and just lied, I'm offering a plausible way that the around in the bible COULD have taken place without the knowledge of genetics we have today.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

Um, the only logical explanation is that Jesus was a tube baby, and got inserted into his moms body with a needle mkay? Cue aliens created Jesus from Mary's genes story here.
edit on 26-8-2011 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Wonderful, trolls, just what I wanted!!!!!!

Thanks for "adding to the discussion"

/sarcasm

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
A pool where only wizzards can swim.

Is there any proof of this that it has happened before, if i google it i see only a 13 year old girl who got pregnant in a hotel swimming pool... yeah right

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

I was being serious...

Also, everyone knows there is an emptiness inside women's vaginas. That means water in a tub or pool cannot go all the way inside by itself. The pressure would prevent it from so.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alternator
A pool where only wizzards can swim.

Is there any proof of this that it has happened before, if i google it i see only a 13 year old girl who got pregnant in a hotel swimming pool... yeah right

No there is probably not proof of its occurance but I wouldn't expect it due to its low probability and the fact that no subjects would agree to such experimentation.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I think she would have to be sharing the water, in very close proximity, to an ejaculating man...which would seem to be a strange situation to be in for a virtuous young woman, virgin or not, to find herself in. I still think it would be highly unlikely to result in impregnation. Spermatoza are not renowned for their speed, it would be highly reliant on there being a very short distance between the head of the penis and the vaginal opening at the point of ejaculation....and presumably, some muscular participation from the lady concerned, to help 'draw in' the necessary fluid.

....However, if she were in a bath with many ejaculating men, that may improve the chances...spermatoza can be as competitive as their ejaculator, and quite out perform themselves when faced with opposition.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout
I think she would have to be sharing the water, in very close proximity, to an ejaculating man...which would seem to be a strange situation to be in for a virtuous young woman, virgin or not, to find herself in. I still think it would be highly unlikely to result in impregnation. Spermatoza are not renowned for their speed, it would be highly reliant on there being a very short distance between the head of the penis and the vaginal opening at the point of ejaculation....and presumably, some muscular participation from the lady concerned, to help 'draw in' the necessary fluid.

....However, if she were in a bath with many ejaculating men, that may improve the chances...spermatoza can be as competitive as their ejaculator, and quite out perform themselves when faced with opposition.

Wow, I bow to your obvious prowess of the subject xD

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
If Mary get pregnant in a pool ...

Did Lazarus just have a bit of a bad flu, the blind person spontaneously recovered, people didn't notice the water wasn't wine, and the fish multipication was just applied mathematics that were ahead of their time?

The other possibility is water bound sperm provides super powers and we just haven't discovered this yet?

I think if a person starts explaining part of the story this way, then logically the whole thing has to follow. Not trying to be smart OP, just how I see it.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by nusnus

I was being serious...

Also, everyone knows there is an emptiness inside women's vaginas. That means water in a tub or pool cannot go all the way inside by itself. The pressure would prevent it from so.

If there is an emptiness then the water pressure could pushed its way in, similar to the way water fills a cup as it is submerged.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSarcasm

Originally posted by nusnus

I was being serious...

If there is an emptiness then the water pressure could pushed its way in, similar to the way water fills a cup as it is submerged.

Umm its not a vacuum emptiness
Its an emptiness that has air in it. If water just went all the way inside when women went inside tubs/pools, the discharge would cause some serious pollution in pools.Its like water in your ears. It doesn't go all the way inside.
edit on 26-8-2011 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

I doubt the sperm would be able to survive a heated water and then get through the hymen of a virgin, and then finally impregnate a woman..

I'd be more inclined to believe it's just a story.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSarcasm

Does your anal cavity fill with water when you go to the swimming pool? Additionally, a virgin particularly, should still have her hymen in tact, and this would have been checked to confirm virginity usually.
edit on 26-8-2011 by KilgoreTrout because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

The word I got was that she had a boyfriend that no one wanted to talk about. Doesn't mean Jesus wasn't someone special. Just not that special.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join