It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Die While Dreaming,Would You Awaken Within That Dream Alive?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
once i dreamed i was a soldier dressed in either a ww1 or a ww2 uniform and i was with other soldiers inside an underground bunker with small rectangular windows cut out just above the ground for firing our rifles out of.we were speaking german,i do not speak german at all,but "i was" speaking it fluently in this dream.i was looking out one of these small windows.it was daylight and i could see a clearing in front of us,with trees beyond whos leaves were in their autumn colors.suddenly i was watching a terrible barrage of artillery fire blasting in front of us and the thunderous explosions came closer and closer,louder and louder and dirt and shredded trees were flying in the air.then we received a direct hit and all went black...i know for sure,this dream was so incredibly real, that i actually lived this in the past and died there...no doubt about it...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Lets just hope the OP is wrong lol, if not you could possibly become a Nazi......who wants that

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
heres another "past life" dream that i had...i found myself inside the hull of an old sailing ship.there were piles of hay everywhere with one or two cows laying around.there were a few men and women down there with me and they were dressed in very old style clothing and wearing buckled shoes.i could see in front of me that i was wearing the same style shoe.a few oil lanterns lit the area we were in.i could hear the roar of the ocean waves, the wind and rain,as they thrashed against the outside of this ship.i could feel the swaying back and forth,up and down motion as we sailed across the ocean.one of the women in front of me looked very sick,she was sweating with fever and looking right into my eyes with an anguished expression,i think she was in labor.then it was just over...so it seems that i was really there,sailing to the new world...unbelievable...
edit on 26-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by BohemianBrim
reply to post by fooks

i have heard that the light is a trap, if you want to escape being a human being again, you must avoid it.

not sure what i think about that, i suppose ill have to figure it out if and when i see a light.

Actually, the Tibetan Buddhist (Northern School) teaches that the only way to avoid being born again is to go into the Clear Light, which is blinding and awesome/awful....and which is Absolute Reality, and to realize that everything else, which initially seems more "familiar" and less "fantastic" (the steps through which one goes get progressively worse until it becomes hellish indeed and can last up to seven weeks) is a merely a hallucination - and a direct product of one's karmic merits or demerits and a reflection of the conscience (exquisitely painful, terrifying, uncomfortable, and gruesome for the worst offenders, not so bad for those who live according to the Path).

Read The Tibetan Book of the Dead (edited by W.Y. Evans-Wentz), a translation from the Tibetan/Sanskrit written version, which is, according to the book, an extremely ancient verbal/oral teaching. It describes each step of the actual physical course of death, and the time following it.
Reportedly, some Tibetan gurus and yogis and lamas of remarkable enlightenment have been able to stay conscious AS THEY ARE DYING, and to describe to their disciples what it feels like during the physical process.
Excellent read, accessible for Western thinkers. It was originally published in the 1920s.
I'm no expert, I've only finished reading the book yesterday, but I've studied Tao and Zen and Buddhism somewhat over the last decades. Fascinating stuff.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Originally posted by BohemianBrim
reply to post by fooks

i have heard that the light is a trap, if you want to escape being a human being again, you must avoid it.

not sure what i think about that, i suppose ill have to figure it out if and when i see a light.

Actually, the Tibetan Buddhist (Northern School) teaches that the only way to avoid being born again is to go into the Clear Light, which is blinding and awesome/awful....and which is Absolute Reality, and to realize that everything else, which initially seems more "familiar" and less "fantastic" (the steps through which one goes get progressively worse until it becomes hellish indeed and can last up to seven weeks) is a merely a hallucination - and a direct product of one's karmic merits or demerits and a reflection of the conscience (exquisitely painful, terrifying, uncomfortable, and gruesome for the worst offenders, not so bad for those who live according to the Path).

Read The Tibetan Book of the Dead (edited by W.Y. Evans-Wentz), a translation from the Tibetan/Sanskrit written version, which is, according to the book, an extremely ancient verbal/oral teaching. It describes each step of the actual physical course of death, and the time following it.
Reportedly, some Tibetan gurus and yogis and lamas of remarkable enlightenment have been able to stay conscious AS THEY ARE DYING, and to describe to their disciples what it feels like during the physical process.
Excellent read, accessible for Western thinkers. It was originally published in the 1920s.
I'm no expert, I've only finished reading the book yesterday, but I've studied Tao and Zen and Buddhism somewhat over the last decades. Fascinating stuff.
wow and thanx for your comment...i have read some of it, as well as some of the egyptian one...i think that this entire reality that we "seem" to be in, is a halucinatory illusion..."i dreamed i was a butterfly,or was i a butterfly dreaming of me" (*_*)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

LOL

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Yeah, the Tibetan BOTD is very, very similar to the Egyptian, actually. And the editor studied in Tibet under the then-head Lama, who was as close to original source as he could get.

The book has excellent introductory chapters, awesome footnotes of explanations/analogies that make the concepts easy/easier to understand for those of us Occidental boys and girls, and also at the end compares the theories to primitive Christianity (the Gnostics), and the Medieval Church Council's proclamations to stop teaching the reincarnation doctrines. (Yup, that's right. Even JC himself taught reincarnation) and its insistence on the myths of heaven and hell and the one-shot thing.

The Tibetans were scientifically very advanced and knowledgable about psychic and physical phenomena (all of which are hallucinatory), and have discovered the vibrational rates of the deities. One has to go through a lengthy period of study and probation and exercises on demand, without explanation, before one can even be considered for initiation as a guru -- that is, be given the Mantras, or the tones and sounds that elicit supernormal entities and activate the chakras.

Regarding your "physically dying while dreaming" hypothesis, I have often wondered -- actually believe -- that dreams ARE realities in another dimension. So it's not at all out of the question for your theory to be perfectly reasonable. In fact, I have a few different places and groups of dream-people that I dream about. I could even make maps of these places...I return regularly to one or the other of them. I know my way around, I notice when things are changed or different, I know how to get to the places I want to go....or I know I'll get lost in certain buildings. Like last night, I dreamt I was in a small auditorium with people I knew (and also with a young Sean Connery, heh, and he really liked me!, but he was staying in a hotel that night and by the time I figured out how to get out of the campus he had gone. Dang it!), and I knew I was in the lecture hall at the end of the dead-end corridor on the right-hand side of the basement level of the place, but I can never remember which turns or staircases to use...

Anyway, I wound up walking way out of the way, straining to remember where the hell I had parked my car (not in the usual spots), finally recalled I had carpooled and now was separated from my party, so I had to start walking....

But yea, I also think dreams are past-life experiences, especially the dreams of being killed or dying -- I've held that those dreams (which for me are either plunging in a vehicle off of a cliff, or being eaten by large predators, or being chased and shot at, or having the interior of a place I enter suddenly go pitch black dark and knowing there is danger) represent previous deaths. I ALWAYS wake up just before I die, but I'm almost ALWAYS certain in the dream that this time it's really it....and I'm about to die.

What is up with that? Anyway, I love to sleep and really enjoy my dream life. You?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Yeah, the Tibetan BOTD is very, very similar to the Egyptian, actually. And the editor studied in Tibet under the then-head Lama, who was as close to original source as he could get.

The book has excellent introductory chapters, awesome footnotes of explanations/analogies that make the concepts easy/easier to understand for those of us Occidental boys and girls, and also at the end compares the theories to primitive Christianity (the Gnostics), and the Medieval Church Council's proclamations to stop teaching the reincarnation doctrines. (Yup, that's right. Even JC himself taught reincarnation) and its insistence on the myths of heaven and hell and the one-shot thing.

The Tibetans were scientifically very advanced and knowledgable about psychic and physical phenomena (all of which are hallucinatory), and have discovered the vibrational rates of the deities. One has to go through a lengthy period of study and probation and exercises on demand, without explanation, before one can even be considered for initiation as a guru -- that is, be given the Mantras, or the tones and sounds that elicit supernormal entities and activate the chakras.

Regarding your "physically dying while dreaming" hypothesis, I have often wondered -- actually believe -- that dreams ARE realities in another dimension. So it's not at all out of the question for your theory to be perfectly reasonable. In fact, I have a few different places and groups of dream-people that I dream about. I could even make maps of these places...I return regularly to one or the other of them. I know my way around, I notice when things are changed or different, I know how to get to the places I want to go....or I know I'll get lost in certain buildings. Like last night, I dreamt I was in a small auditorium with people I knew (and also with a young Sean Connery, heh, and he really liked me!, but he was staying in a hotel that night and by the time I figured out how to get out of the campus he had gone. Dang it!), and I knew I was in the lecture hall at the end of the dead-end corridor on the right-hand side of the basement level of the place, but I can never remember which turns or staircases to use...

Anyway, I wound up walking way out of the way, straining to remember where the hell I had parked my car (not in the usual spots), finally recalled I had carpooled and now was separated from my party, so I had to start walking....

But yea, I also think dreams are past-life experiences, especially the dreams of being killed or dying -- I've held that those dreams (which for me are either plunging in a vehicle off of a cliff, or being eaten by large predators, or being chased and shot at, or having the interior of a place I enter suddenly go pitch black dark and knowing there is danger) represent previous deaths. I ALWAYS wake up just before I die, but I'm almost ALWAYS certain in the dream that this time it's really it....and I'm about to die.

What is up with that? Anyway, I love to sleep and really enjoy my dream life. You?

hi, thanx for your comment...this is fantastic stuff,i recounted three dreams that i had in the above comments,did you read them? what do you think?... and edgar cayce "the sleeping prophet" gave over 15,000!!! in-trance readings about all kinds of things and he blows nostrodamus right out of the water...heres what he said about dreams...wow! >>>www.near-death.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Yes, I did read your dream posts! I envy you that you had such vivid and "historical period" dreams identifying the era and events you were in. My dreams rarely (if ever) take place in historical periods that I can identify...like seeing my clothing, or recognizing architectural or tool styles.

I have studied Cayce and Jung, as well as other authors and authorities on the subject of reincarnation and spiritual issues. It's one of my very favorite subjects. One of my bookshelves is dedicated to World Mythology, Mysteries, Esoteric and Metaphysical, Religious, and Spiritual studies. Everything from sayings of Confucius to Native American practices to The Golden Bough (Greek and Roman pantheon stories) to the Holy Bible to New Age stuff....Celtic encyclopedias, Shamanism, Tarot, and scholarly tomes on those subjects as well...

PS, just ignore those posting who claim to know it all and pooh-pooh your ideas. Go with your intuition!
Cheers!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

reply to post by blocula

Yes, I did read your dream posts! I envy you that you had such vivid and "historical period" dreams identifying the era and events you were in. My dreams rarely (if ever) take place in historical periods that I can identify...like seeing my clothing, or recognizing architectural or tool styles.

I have studied Cayce and Jung, as well as other authors and authorities on the subject of reincarnation and spiritual issues. It's one of my very favorite subjects. One of my bookshelves is dedicated to World Mythology, Mysteries, Esoteric and Metaphysical, Religious, and Spiritual studies. Everything from sayings of Confucius to Native American practices to The Golden Bough (Greek and Roman pantheon stories) to the Holy Bible to New Age stuff....Celtic encyclopedias, Shamanism, Tarot, and scholarly tomes on those subjects as well...

PS, just ignore those posting who claim to know it all and pooh-pooh your ideas. Go with your intuition!
Cheers!
thanx for your support...and heres a quote from einstein >>>"the apparent seperation between past,present and future is an illusion"...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This thread is starting to sound a lot like Inception.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skate
This thread is starting to sound a lot like Inception.
hi...i've thought this way for many years now,theres no doubt in my mind that those dreams of mine that i recounted actually happened to me,somewhere in time.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
If You Die While Dreaming,Would You Awaken Within That Dream Alive?,

Gawd I hope not.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Have you ever seen the movie "Defending Your Life", with Albert Brooks and Meryl Streep?
An older movie, probably 1980s, but it's one of my faves in terms of "after death" scenarios. Thought provoking, and quite funny as well....
highly recommend it!

EDIT TO ADD:
Also, look into the theories of Judy Goodman - she's on the web. I've been to one lecture of hers, and a couple of years later, a small seminar/workshop. In the lecture she discussed angels, spirit guides, reincarnation and predetermined (but not consciously in our awareness) of which life to choose next...and she also talks about the after-life experience. The workshop was more like a class, and her main premise is "I don't teach students. I teach teachers." In other words, the people drawn to her and who enrolled in her class are those which have been guided by unseen entities (except she sees them) to come to her for learning more.

She's one of my spiritual heroes.
She has a Q&A page on her site with some very good summaries of her thoughts.
check it out: www.judygoodman.com...
Not all about dreams, but def has to do with the afterlife experience. Sorry if off-topic...but to me it's connected.

edit on 26-8-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhorse

Gawd I hope not.

Guess you don't have pleasant dreams....hmm....."Would you like to add a side-dish of karmic dues with your repose, Sir??"
Not accusing. Don't know you at all. Sorry if your dreams are unsavory, though. It's not fun having scary bad dreams.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

All right, I find that if you die in a dream then you wake up. It has happened to me before. I hope that answers your question.

I personally believe that we do have souls, and that when we are dreaming, we are in the dream realm. Therefore it makes sense, if you think about it, that death in the dream realm would wake you up. Anyway, that's what happens to me every time.

It seems there are other posters here who have similar experiences.
edit on 26-8-2011 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I just understood what you were asking, wow, that's an intense question. My guess would be that if you died in your sleep, you would wake up for a second first and then something else would happen.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I can only hope not...there are so many really bad dreams! One dream I have had many times I am wondering around in a twilight mountains with a group of scared people we are running and hiding, we find something a weird thing made of wood kinda half train rail shaped about 20 ft long with a big bow shape on the front on the ground in a small valley I am very scared and upset and I wake up.
What if i had to stay there !

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhorse

Gawd I hope not.

Guess you don't have pleasant dreams....hmm....."Would you like to add a side-dish of karmic dues with your repose, Sir??"
Not accusing. Don't know you at all. Sorry if your dreams are unsavory, though. It's not fun having scary bad dreams.

You never have bad dreams? I have never met a person that never has a bad dream. Or are you like my husband he rarely remembers his dreams?
edit on 26-8-2011 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

If You Die While Dreaming,Would You Awaken Within That Dream Alive?[/] You must be refering to the plot of the movie "Source Code".
www.imdb.com... Great movie by the way.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join