If You Die While Dreaming,Would You Awaken Within That Dream Alive?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Dude, you need to study your subject more!

So many different phenomena are classified as "dreaming" that it's not even funny.

Some people will call any experience that happens to them when they are "analytically attenuated" as a dream.

A person could die while asleep and at first think it was a dream. There is some evidence that people react differently to death depending on the circumstances of death. But reports from people who have briefly died while in surgery or after an accident suggest that the actual experience of death is not that much like a dream and would not normally be confused with one. The being tends to become a bit more alert after getting free of its body (which is usually in poor condition if it died) and the floating away, the turning to face the tunnel, and so forth can leave quite vivid impressions.

Study it for yourself. It is a little irresponsible for you to expect us to answer such a question for you. Read the stories of those who have survived death and you will get some idea what it's all about.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I never remember my dreams

Maybe im on my last life, maybe i have done this thousands of times and finally managed to do what i set out to when i first became a human?? Or i created a universe that works...so no need to continue to experience it anymore? I dont dream of other lives because i wont be locked to this reality anymore.

Ive probably only got another 40 or so years until i find out so if im still a member and we finally work out what comes after death il hook ya up lol

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by l_e_cox
reply to post by blocula

Dude, you need to study your subject more!

So many different phenomena are classified as "dreaming" that it's not even funny.

Some people will call any experience that happens to them when they are "analytically attenuated" as a dream.

A person could die while asleep and at first think it was a dream. There is some evidence that people react differently to death depending on the circumstances of death. But reports from people who have briefly died while in surgery or after an accident suggest that the actual experience of death is not that much like a dream and would not normally be confused with one. The being tends to become a bit more alert after getting free of its body (which is usually in poor condition if it died) and the floating away, the turning to face the tunnel, and so forth can leave quite vivid impressions.

Study it for yourself. It is a little irresponsible for you to expect us to answer such a question for you. Read the stories of those who have survived death and you will get some idea what it's all about.

if they "survived death" they didnt "really die"...
edit on 26-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by l_e_cox

comm on, dude,

you think that dreaming is what the afterlife is?

it will be like if you were awake and passed.

you will go where you go.

dreaming is important to purge yourself of things.

work things out at another level.

this shouldn't get technical. it was an interesting question.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
once i dreamed that i entered an old victorian mansion. i could feel the old wood and i could smell the night air. i was dressed in 19th century clothes and i know this because when i entered this house there was a mirror in front of me. then i walked up a narrow stairway and came upon a door that i opened and inside was a bedroom with two women inside, dressed in 19th century nightgowns..."they knew who i was!, knew my name! and asked me what had taken me so long to return home! ...something tells me that if i had died "in my sleep" that i would have stayed in that world in that particular situation and it would have become my life,my new reality
we might be alive here and now because we died somewhere else...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
My opinion:

If I were to die tonight in my sleep whilst in a dream, I believe the dream could in fact continue. I say this because time is non-existent in dreams. So in the last few moments of my life, I could live for a while in the "dream-world."

However, I understand that many people are saying that this is impossible which is nearly an outrage. If our mind can create a dreamscape that is so incredibly life-like, why is this concept impossible? Our realities seem real when we are "awake," much like a lucid dream.

Maybe you've got it all wrong and reality is like time - immeasurable.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Another theory...

What if we are experiencing death and not life??

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I don't think so and here's why:

Dreaming is a normal brain function. Dieing is not a normal brain function. I don't think you can have both occurring at the same time.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DisasterButton
My opinion:

If I were to die tonight in my sleep whilst in a dream, I believe the dream could in fact continue. I say this because time is non-existent in dreams. So in the last few moments of my life, I could live for a while in the "dream-world."

However, I understand that many people are saying that this is impossible which is nearly an outrage. If our mind can create a dreamscape that is so incredibly life-like, why is this concept impossible? Our realities seem real when we are "awake," much like a lucid dream.

no, i think you might have it wrong, dreams are just that. dreams, a function of the mind, REM, the waves etc; to help the body and mind to heal.

there was a time i thought i didn't dream either but i just could not remember them.

i have never been in a coma and come out of it, the mind still works on some level.

i've done some things that took me other places and times while i was awake, when i came back i knew it was just my brain.

if you DIE in your sleep, like some people i loved, i hope it is a pleasant transition.

it will/should be like the alarm going off and waking up.

i'll bet the rent it's not what anyone thinks! pics or it didn't happen!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
that is something i have wondered about.

i believe everything is one entity, one life force, I AM, "God", the great tree of life and we are merely leaves on different branches.

what if everytime "i" go to sleep "i" wake up a new person and forget the dream before.
what if its always different every single time.
what if you live a billion trillion zillion lifetimes all over the universe and beyond before you finally wake up a day on some similar planet where things are somewhat similar to the last day you had on earth, and then when you fall asleep on that world you wake up here and you think how odd that dream was and how it dealt with all the things that happened yesterday.. lol

why not?

or better yet, what if the "dream" is just your "mind" interpreting all that you have learned from those trillion billion zillion lifetimes that would somehow apply to your present moment here in this one? but it stays mostly "subconscious"
its all about what happens behind the scenes in every "life", always that one entity learning from all his many dreams.
the physical reality is just the dream of the universe
edit on 26-8-2011 by BohemianBrim because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
i'll start by saying that when ever i try to explain this strange theory of mine to people,they almost always think that i mean, "if you died in a dream" or "can you die in a dream"...this is not what i'm talking about at all and its a little hard to explain,but i'll try...you go to bed and fall asleep,then you start to dream. now if you "actually died" in your sleep "while dreaming",would you suddenly find yourself alive in the world you were dreaming about? meaning your soul actually enters into this "alternate reality". the people there would know you and you would know them and the places there would be familiar to you. this would just become "another life" for you,a new world. meanwhile in the morning,your family would find your lifeless body,now without a soul,laying in your bed and they would bury you,never knowing that your soul has traveled "beyond the realms of death" and is still alive,now living in another world,the world you were dreaming about when you died and in "this other world" when you fall asleep and dream,you are dreaming of the world you left behind. this could happen to us over and over again...forever.

No. Next question...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by BohemianBrim

i wonder why i woke up like me.

why not that kid in biafra? why not bill gates?

we become aware when we do and how the heck....?

"well? how did i get here?"

"letting the days go by...."

what's up with them people. what did they do before?

if you believe that reincarnation stuff.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I love these posts that make me think,
although the premises may stink.
I take them off with me to bed,
Where they can dance around my head.
With any luck
I'll wake up
Not dead.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

why isnt one note in a song like the one that came before?

because then it wouldnt be a song, it would just be a long monotonous tone.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

just like the movies, lol!

just go towards the light.

hey, if there is a light, i'm beat feetin' to it!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

i have heard that the light is a trap, if you want to escape being a human being again, you must avoid it.

not sure what i think about that, i suppose ill have to figure it out if and when i see a light.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by BohemianBrim

gotta trust the gut sometime.

or a PDF?

what does one need to believe in the afterlife, no matter what it brings?

they could send your ass back to this world to live it again and be swamped with de ja vous.

or be on rigel 4 living like a king.

who knows?

who cares? i put my time in here. let's take a road trip!!

eta; i don't think anyone would have a choice of where they go, despite all the movies.

edit on 26-8-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
why dont you believe in souls if you believe your conscious? maybe your soul is your conscious and when you dream its your conscious going into another reality?......this has me thinking now. when i die in my dream, (cant remember a time when i have), either i start dreaming something else before i die or i wake up or idk because i dont think you will actually remember dieng.....

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks

Originally posted by DisasterButton
My opinion:

i'll bet the rent it's not what anyone thinks! pics or it didn't happen!

I know its not what anyone thinks it is...precisely why I stated that it was my opinion/2 pennies.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I have died many times in dreams.
In some I watched my body from above, with my family around it at my own funeral, and watched them bury me.
As far as I know, I am still alive!

new topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join