It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress - A Group Of Baboons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Found this very nice article bout the current state of madness in good ol´USA. Frosty Wooldridge makes a good case about the dismal state of affairs in this country, no doubt about that. The article is short and therefore readable by the younger readers with severe ADHD who especially need to read this because it is about their future.

article

The baboons in Congress will not do anything about it. The American people feel too helpless, too apathetic and/or clueless. The moneyed elite think they are immune. If I were a historian in 2050, I would note with dismay that the American people could have saved themselves in 2011, but they chose to stagger into the future without a plan, without a clue and their beloved civilization collapsed from sheer human overload. Their greatest sin? They kept re-electing the same baboons to Congress.

I for once completely agree with him on almost every point. A new U.S. Census report shows that poverty is vast and growing. This report should serve as a clarion call to our leaders -- but has been greeted mostly with silence, or one-time stories. Its the usual American way. Promote the lie and hide the truth.

edit on 25-8-2011 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-8-2011 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

I believe your supposed to give a link when quoting material.

Could be wrong though.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
There is a link, Kro, it's just hidden in the word "article."

Pretty interesting article it is, too. Thanks for sharing.

Your avatar, though, OP, does look a little familiar...
edit on 25-8-2011 by VariableConstant because: typo

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Just inserted it after some final edit. It should work now.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Eck! You should of warned us this was an article about blaming EVERYTHING on immigrants. It had nothing to do with congress at all! (Except the first part calling them baboons). I call shenanigans!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
oh wow

out of curiousity is mexico considered a 3rd world country?

and call congress baboons is an insult to baboons

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by fredats

US is built by immigrants. The author makes a good point though, that with the current economy, the country can simply not afford any more immigration. It needs to consolidate, educate and generally activate the current amount of citizens until the worst hurricane winds of economic disaster are over. Dont you agree?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

yes, built by legal immigrants.

lots of hard work and not many handouts from the feds.

research some derogatory names for some ethnic's.

heard them all till the 80's. very common and just annoying. not racist like today.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

I can't say I agree that our economic situation calls for closing our borders. The problem is much more pervasive than that. By viable land, we are not a heavily populated country. And if you took away immigration, our country would actually decrease in population over time. That may or may not sound good; that is not the point. The point is that we should be able to grow given our size and resources. That tells me that immigration is not the problem... something else is. So why should we give up on the fresh people, ideas, workers, etc. that immigration brings. There are so many other things to fix first!
edit on 26-8-2011 by fredats because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by fredats

I understand you but know this. If a corporation is bleeding due to mismanagement and too many employees that do not provide sufficiently to the company as to survive in a world of competition that company either consolidates, restructures and rethinbks its strategy or dies. The same with USA. It needs to educate its current stream of immigrants until the country reaches a healthy level of mental growth that can compete with the rest of the world. When this is done USA will be able to let more ppl in to this ..errr... land of the free and the home of the brave?

This nation is currently in a state of great suffering. The politicians are completely corrupt. The ppl confused and still electing politicians based on their gut feeling or appearance instead of analyzing the message offered and the track record of each candidate as to determine best candidate for the job.

What the author basically sais is that POLITICIAN/CONGRESS=Professional liars.
edit on 26-8-2011 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-8-2011 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
oh wow

out of curiousity is mexico considered a 3rd world country?

and call congress baboons is an insult to baboons

Oh, and don't we call them 'developing countries' now?

3rd world is so 20th century.......

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
When John McCain is two terms congressman and 4 terms senator then everything is possible in US .

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
OP. you americans are not alone in this one, trust me. it's the same thing going on nearly everywhere in the world. no cotton fields on this planet would suffice to shut me up if i'd get started with the past 10 years of my country, i don't know a democracy (?) where a government that much corrupt and doing whatever they can to exploit religious faith for personal gain would've been elected with 50% of the votes to serve a third term i tell you. and this in spite of their efforts to finish off our very own army just because the gov is dependent to the ptb and is ordered to do so.

tell me about cluelessness of a nation.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Please do not insult baboons by calling them congressmen.

edit on 26-8-2011 by acrux because: (no reason given)

top topics

join