It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Geographic: Hurricane Irene "Looking Bad" for U.S.—Moon May Make It Worse

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I would have to add that power sometimes is cut off as a precautionary measure in these emergency situations, afterall downed power lines are very dangerous especially when joined with water. This is also why you want to prepare to be self sufficient for several days to even weeks after a disaster as they cannot simply turn it back on until all safety measures have been applied first.

As for this becoming a nightmare scenario, I dont know, I think when it all goes down Neew Yorkers work together pretty well in disasters, look at 911.

Anyway, are there any real time threads that can keep us up to date on this landfall? Video or cameras as we have shared watching in the past? Twitter feeds?

Thanks and stay safe everyone.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I've been through a lot of hurricanes while I stayed in Florida (17 years). They really dump a lot of rain on what places they move over. Florida is really prepared for strong storms. Some other states(like Lousiana) are not.
Most northern states aren't either.

Texas needs rain after the dry period they had.
edit on 28-8-2011 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join