It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irene moves to the east

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
The 11 p.m. update at weather.com shows Irene tracking to the east by one degree. That is very good news. Go to weather.com and then to Hurricane Tracker. Notice how the western movement from yesterday has stabilized. It's now tracking N to NE. At least for now. I believe the cool rainy system coming through New England today is helping to push Irene east.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
out into the atlantic!

that would spoil the window of opportunity for false flag planting opportunities the evacuations create.

heck, who knows. maybe they know its going to move out east but are pushing for the evacuations to happen anyway.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
maybe they are using HAARP to direct the hurricane away from the shore. Wasn't that what HAARP was originally developed for?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
...seems to me that what usually happens is that a hurricane will track up the eastern seaboard until the jet stream pushes it back out into the atlantic - but - i'm no weather authority... theres a pic of the current jet stream over the usofa via the link below...

www.intellicast.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
You do know that it's going north right? Hurricanes take quick jogs all the time, especially when the eye wall goes through reconstruction.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Slight movement to the east is actually a bad thing as far as NYC/Boston area goes. It isn't going out to sea or going to diverge much from it's projected path. The system to the west and the high pressure to the east is creating a funnel for Irene, so it's almost committed to the current path. N.C. folks can handle this a lot better than those further north, so you need to be hoping that this thing stays west as much as possible.
edit on 25-8-2011 by edgecrusher2199 because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
5 am update at the weather channel has it moving another degree to the east as it moves north. And it has reduced wind speeds from 115 to 110. This is more good news.

In the last ten hours it has moved two degrees east, whereas it was forecast to keep moving west. Current projection no longer has the eye hitting NYC. I'm hoping this thing stays out to sea and keeps nudging east.

new topics

top topics

join