It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Reasons Not To Vote For Ron Paul

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Notice none of the Ron Paul supporters are really denying any of these points.

Great post with informative facts.

I actually hope Ron Paul gets the nomination just to see him get destroyed in the general election.

But I think he will get destroyed in the primary because if he gains any traction...the other republican nominees will air out all this dirty laundry...and Ron Paul is not elegant enough to defend this positions in a positive way.

I'll bite. I'll embrace every one of those reasons not to vote for him and still vote for him for one thing only:

He will immediately stop the murders of the citizens of sovereign nations that your Lord and Savior Obama continues to perpetuate. Thinks that's a good enough reason to vote the guy in?

/TOA

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Nobody wants to argue this because these positions of Ron Paul have been flipped inside out and portayed negatively instead of his actual position. Kind of like how Ron Paul wants to give individual liberties back to the people and the media will ask Ron Paul if he wants to legalize heroine, he gives his answer and they spin it as Ron Paul wants to legalize heroine.

That being said, I'm going to give it a shot, I welcome hearty discussion over this as I don't believe the OP article is accurately portraying Ron Paul and his personal/political beliefs.

1. Why shouldn’t we appeal affirmative action? It’s racist to treat someone differently based on the color of their skin. Individuals should be given a job by their character not their skin color.

In 1997, Paul voted to end affirmative action in college admissions. Paul criticizes both racism and obsession with racial identity:

"Racism is simply an ugly form of collectivism, the mindset that views humans strictly as members of groups rather than individuals. Racists believe that all individuals who share superficial physical characteristics are alike: as collectivists, racists think only in terms of groups. By encouraging Americans to adopt a group mentality, the advocates of so-called 'diversity' actually perpetuate racism. Their obsession with racial group identity is inherently racist."

2. Well this one is easy, Ron Paul personally believes that human life is special BUT he understands that this is America and that STATES should decide, NOT the Federal government. This one also kills anyone that says Ron Paul shouldn't be president because he is a Christian and believes in creationism, to Ron Paul, religion doesn't dictate policies.

3. Ron Paul opposes federal government intervening in matters that belong to the states since it is unconstitutional. The fed has no authority to impose these laws. States should be free to create competition (if anybody is following why Perry is popular right now, it is because TEXAS' conservative nature allowed for job growth during our recession because of lower minimum wages). It is apart of Ron's ultimate fiscal plan to reduce government spending, end the income tax so that the people can KEEP their hard earned dollars. In this sense, a mandatory minimum wage is NOT required.

4. FIrst of all, taxation is theft. One has no option to opt out of it. The only way the government can accomplish taxation is through force or threat. Why can't I steal fruit from the tree that my neighbors planted but when the government forces me to pay immense amounts of taxes, it is ok? How is removing tax obligations unfair to lower income bracket Americans? I don't know about you guys but I would LOVE to keep more of my own money, I feel violated when IRS takes a chunk out of my paycheck to pay America's interest.

5. Ron Paul believes in property rights. (and the topic of environmental protection vs global energy competition is up in the air, I don't this this particular issue should be isolated to Ron Paul).

6. The United Nations imposes sanctions on third world countries and only bad for the people and not the corruption. How many here on ATS is completely opposed to the United Nations? Negative global image? I thought this was pretty obvious already, most of the globe already dislike us, how about taking our military back and leave everybody alone? There is no argument here, Ron Paul is openly for NO entangled alliances and trade/peace with all nations.

7. Ron Paul opposes federal funding, so why would there need to be funding to those who choose an 'alternative lifestyle'? what about those who choose not to? It is no secret Ron Paul (as a Christian) is opposed to gay marriage, but he did say that the government should NOT dictate who can be with who. It is completely up to the states and although I don't agree with his personal belief in gay marriage (which he is obviously entitled to), I love the fact that states are free to choose for themselves.

8. Why is there even an argument about gun rights in AMERICA? We all know how we feel about guns, this is something the founding fathers KNEW we needed, America NEEDS guns to fight tyranny and keep the government in check. I don't know why I even have to explain this.

9. America’s educational system only got worse since the government got involved in the 1950s. There are tons of organizations of teachers and educators against federal/top-down control over the educational system. I mean, look at how 'no child left behind' failed (so miserably). I remember seeing a documentary of a privatized school in a 'ghetto' neighborhood and it was clean and the children were all scoring high in their classes (we know this is usually impossible in bad neighborhoods).

10. I suppose children should only be taught what bureaucrats believe is best for them. ? Ron Paul’s libertarian philosophy is to live free as you want, don’t impose your beliefs on anyone, don’t infringe on other's rights. Ultimately, Ron Paul allows the state to do their thing, it is NOT nor ever was it up to the federal government to decide states matters. I've never seen Ron Paul impose his religious beliefs over his libertarian beliefs.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
That being said, anybody that just takes the OP article for face value should really do their homework before coming up with biased conclusions about one of the most honest and ethical men in American political history.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Even if every one of these points is valid and unbiased, Ron Paul is still the best candidate for President.

Quit denying that.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

I can replace the Name of Ron Paul with any other elite party candidate and guess what It will fit just fine the ugly truth is that the two elite parties had done already the deeds you posted and doing as we speak.

Wake up people use your God given brain and stop drinking the koolaid that the two elite parties are serving to you

edit on 31-8-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anttyk47
My stance on the 2012 elections are not reflected by the below article and i will not say if i am for or against Ron paul. The purpose of this thread is to show some interesting CONS against Paul for healthy debate. Also these facts are backed up with bills linked in the articles link. I did a copy and paste from the source, here to make it easier to read. Enjoy

10 Reasons Not To Vote For Ron Paul

1. Ron Paul does not value equal rights for minorities.
    Ron Paul has sponsored legislation that would repeal affirmative action, keep the IRS from investigating private schools who may have used race as a factor in denying entrance, thus losing their tax exempt status, would limit the scope of Brown versus Board of Education, and would deny citizenship for those born in the US if their parents are not citizens.

2. Ron Paul would deny women control of their bodies and reproductive rights.
    Ron Paul makes it very clear that one of his aims is to repeal Roe v. Wade. He has also co sponsored 4 separate bills to “To provide that human life shall be deemed to exist from conception.” This, of course, goes against current medical and scientific information as well as our existing laws and precedents.

3. Ron Paul would be disastrous for the working class.
    He supports abolishing the Federal minimum wage, has twice introduced legislation to repeal OSHA, or the Occupational Safety and Health Act and would deal devastating blows to Social Security including repealing the act that makes it mandatory for employees of nonprofits, to make “coverage completely optional for both present and future workers”, and would “freeze benefit levels”. [snip]

4. Ron Paul’s tax plan is unfair to lower earners and would greatly benefit those with the highest incomes.
    He has repeatedly submitted amendments to the tax code that would get rid of the estate and gift taxes, tax all earners at 10%, disallow income tax credits to individuals who are not corporations, repeal the elderly tax credit, child care credit, earned income credit, and other common credits for working class citizens.

5. Ron Paul’s policies would cause irreparable damage to our already strained environment.
    Among other travesties he supports off shore drilling, building more oil refineries, mining on federal lands, no taxes on the production of fuel, and would stop conservation efforts that could be a “Federal obstacle” to building and maintaining refineries. [snip]

6. A Ron Paul administration would continue to proliferate the negative image of the US among other nations.
    Ron Paul supports withdrawing the US from the UN, when that has not happened he has fought to at least have the US withdrawn from the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization.[snip]

Article in this link:
    www.addictinginfo.org...

MOD EDIT: Please do not cut and paste articles. You can copy the highlights and discuss but don't cut and paste more than 15% of the material
edit on 25-8-2011 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

To me, this is EXACTLY why I AM VOTING FOR RON PAUL!!! Nice establishment twist though. I wonder how many suckers out there will take the bait on this one. Every single one of those espouses such twisted logic; from straw men to red herrings, it is embarassing to those of us critical thinkers who can see through the crap.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by kennylee
Thanks for posting this OP. Now that I have seen it, I can definitely say that I am still voting for him since I agree with 8 out of ten of these things. We need less government in our lives...period....

and I second that...with a star

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Here is now an extra good reason to add to the list.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join