It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Reasons Not To Vote For Ron Paul

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
My stance on the 2012 elections are not reflected by the below article and i will not say if i am for or against Ron paul. The purpose of this thread is to show some interesting CONS against Paul for healthy debate. Also these facts are backed up with bills linked in the articles link. I did a copy and paste from the source, here to make it easier to read. Enjoy

1. Ron Paul does not value equal rights for minorities.
    Ron Paul has sponsored legislation that would repeal affirmative action, keep the IRS from investigating private schools who may have used race as a factor in denying entrance, thus losing their tax exempt status, would limit the scope of Brown versus Board of Education, and would deny citizenship for those born in the US if their parents are not citizens.

2. Ron Paul would deny women control of their bodies and reproductive rights.
    Ron Paul makes it very clear that one of his aims is to repeal Roe v. Wade. He has also co sponsored 4 separate bills to “To provide that human life shall be deemed to exist from conception.” This, of course, goes against current medical and scientific information as well as our existing laws and precedents.

3. Ron Paul would be disastrous for the working class.
    He supports abolishing the Federal minimum wage, has twice introduced legislation to repeal OSHA, or the Occupational Safety and Health Act and would deal devastating blows to Social Security including repealing the act that makes it mandatory for employees of nonprofits, to make “coverage completely optional for both present and future workers”, and would “freeze benefit levels”. [snip]

4. Ron Paul’s tax plan is unfair to lower earners and would greatly benefit those with the highest incomes.
    He has repeatedly submitted amendments to the tax code that would get rid of the estate and gift taxes, tax all earners at 10%, disallow income tax credits to individuals who are not corporations, repeal the elderly tax credit, child care credit, earned income credit, and other common credits for working class citizens.

5. Ron Paul’s policies would cause irreparable damage to our already strained environment.
    Among other travesties he supports off shore drilling, building more oil refineries, mining on federal lands, no taxes on the production of fuel, and would stop conservation efforts that could be a “Federal obstacle” to building and maintaining refineries. [snip]

6. A Ron Paul administration would continue to proliferate the negative image of the US among other nations.
    Ron Paul supports withdrawing the US from the UN, when that has not happened he has fought to at least have the US withdrawn from the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization.[snip]

Article in this link:
    www.addictinginfo.org...

MOD EDIT: Please do not cut and paste articles. You can copy the highlights and discuss but don't cut and paste more than 15% of the material
edit on 25-8-2011 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Lots of good points, got to say some of this is talking out the behind but then again there are good points to counter. There's also lots of pro's to vote for him but again that's FOR SURE been discussed on here
Now come paul supporters! Lets hear the denial!

In reality he wasn't god, he was a man that seemed better than the other guy. He will have negatives and it seems like those are widly ignored. Especially on the internet. It's like obama fever.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

Very interesting bits of knowledge that are there. Granted, I agree with his stance on abolishing Affirmative Action, but I really don't like any of his stances other than that. I agree that we have too much regulation these days, but going to the other extreme is just as bad.
edit on 25-8-2011 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FusionInFL

You and your ilk are tiresome, but I guess haters got to hate.

Dang i just told everyone i was neutral on the topic and you tell me i'm a hater.

Deny ignorance?
It's called discussion,
Like i realize you like Ron Paul and all but i know for a fact you didn't read anything up there, and it really seems like you're following him blindly. Wouldn't you rather follow him for the RIGHT reasons?

+8 more 
link   
Thanks for posting this OP. Now that I have seen it, I can definitely say that I am still voting for him since I agree with 8 out of ten of these things. We need less government in our lives...period....

link   
I am fairly sure about half of those points can be debated, and Ron Paul is merely against the idea that the government should have anything to do with the points mentioned. That being said, nobody is perfect, but I would definately elect this guy over the other nutbars that are running.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
This is what you would see if you didn't have the ability to see that everything you posted and support is why we are going fail as a nation.....

And are failing..... if we don't go back to our routes as a nation now.. there is no recovery.

I fully expect issues like handouts and sexual drives to dominate the election because Americans are too stupid to see the future. Imagine if we had a nation that didn't interfere and just allowed us to do as the founders intended. All you fringe people would be happy........ BUT you are too dumb and see your issue as all it is.

Yeah we're doomed.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
So what is the one GOOD reason to vote for anyone else? There are none.

It's just that simple.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Oh my god I would cry if he were to be ths next president

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
i read number one and realized it was going no where. affirmative action as referenced in number 1 is one of the worst policies ever. i dont get a job because a less qualified black man applied and they dont have enough blacks working at the store... does it get any more racist???

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Most of those points are taken completely out of context. A fine bit of propaganda you have going there. Because someone believes the federal government has no business in certain things doesn't mean they think the same for local and state governments. Also, saying the federal government shouldn't be telling private interests what they can and can't do does not equate to promoting said things. Do yourself a favor and actually listen to Ron Paul, or read his stuff, unfiltered by the lefty or righty media. Pretty much all of those points are inaccurate.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anttyk47

1. Ron Paul does not value equal rights for minorities.
    Ron Paul has sponsored legislation that would repeal affirmative action, keep the IRS from investigating private schools who may have used race as a factor in denying entrance, thus losing their tax exempt status, would limit the scope of Brown versus Board of Education, and would deny citizenship for those born in the US if their parents are not citizens.
    This video is my answer and reply to the first statement on why not to vote for Ron Paul.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Personally I think they are all a bunch of money grubbing corporate sponsored slugs. BUT I guess I have to figure out which is the lesser evil so I can vote for em.
I am still up in the air about that though.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Wow that is great food for though...great. Due to work and community service...lol I havnt been able to research in depth on him me being 24 I have listened to Paul and liked a lot of the ideas he has proposed, but as always potential candidates say what people want to hear I'm still undecided on my vote next year. Paul like you said seems to shun away from a lot of these topics and says what's needed to get support but you are right if you look at his past track record then you will see what a candidate truly stands for...s&f

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
All of the headlines to the points are dramatized for propaganda purposes.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I would never vote for Ron Paul. Simply because I don't agree with almost all of his ideas.

I do have a lot of respect for him, however. He is one of the very few that (it seems) believes in what he says, and is fearless in talking about his ideas. It makes him one of the few true public servants out there in my opinion. I wish there were a few more with his character out there to choose from. Then maybe we can have an honest debate about the real issues facing the nation. The competing "marketing campaigns" that dominate our politics right now are to the detriment of us all.

I definitely don't want him as president, but he is the most important person in the debate right now: as an example of what a politician in a democracy could be. I hope others take notice of his (currently understated) popularity and follow his example of fearless honesty. Only then can we have truly representative government because only then can "we the people" know what we are voting for.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Each of these points constitutes LESS GOVERNMENT.

He wants to leave such policies and laws up to the individual states.

I know this.
You know this.
Why the discussion?

Besides, out of all the other politicians running for President..who has policies and principles that everyone agrees with 100%?

Ill await your answer.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Notice none of the Ron Paul supporters are really denying any of these points.

Great post with informative facts.

I actually hope Ron Paul gets the nomination just to see him get destroyed in the general election.

But I think he will get destroyed in the primary because if he gains any traction...the other republican nominees will air out all this dirty laundry...and Ron Paul is not elegant enough to defend this positions in a positive way.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Many of those reasons are manipulated to appear negative. Ron Paul is for less control of the federal government and for states as well as individuals' rights for liberty. There are a lot more reasons to vote for him than not to...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join