It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cuomo declares emergency, NYC evacuations possible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Just got off the phone with my dad, my parents live in Rockland County which is about 30 miles north of NYC, he gave me the heads up about this article posted in their local paper.

www.lohud.com...|defcon|text|Frontpage

Hundreds of thousands of New Yorkers were told Thursday to pack a bag and prepare to be evacuated as the nation's biggest city braced for its first hurricane in decades.

Bloomberg has already ordered evacuations of the sick and elderly.

Bloomberg ordered the five hospitals in the low-lying areas of the city known as “Zone A” to complete mandatory evacuations by Friday at 8 p.m., along with homes for the aged and nursing homes. He urged homebound residents in the zone to use the city’s dial-a-ride system for the disabled to evacuate on Friday as well.

They are also preparing to shut down the transit system.

If they end up making a mandatory evacuation of NYC it is going to be mass chaos.

My bad, I didn't search and I see there is already a thread about this. Sorry everyone
I will try to get updates on the weather and all the shenanigans going on out there while we approach the day the storm hits NY.
edit on 25-8-2011 by lcbjr1979 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Could Irene really be that bad? I knew that it would would hit Virginia soon, but I haven't read anything on how strong or deadly this thing was expected to be.

new topics

join