It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kuwait Mobilises

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
On Monday Kuwait mobilised its army and security forces to counter any Iraqi threat.

This started when Kuwait decided to go ahead with building the Mubarak Port which Iraq criticised as the new port will block traffic to Iraqs basra port.

Iraqis point of view:

Baghdad said it was worried that Kuwait’s new giant port would strangle Iraqi shipping lanes and especially its oil exports. These have to pass through the narrow gap around Boubyan Island, the site of the port project – and a strategically sensitive area at the tip of the Gulf.
www.portstrategy.com...

so they rejected the project

Baghdad has been a little late in responding to Kuwait’s plans: although Iraq summarily demanded work on the project stop until studies – referencing Iraq’s maritime rights – were completed, it didn’t start to object until four years after construction work had begun: predictably Kuwait declined.

four years late, i dont think the kuwaitis will stop now...

The Kuwaiti point of view:

Safar pointed out the port will not compete with that of the neighboring countries as it will rather serve the entire region. He stressed the port will be built on Kuwaiti land and it will not have a negative impact on the navigation activities of its neighbors, since it is projected to invigorate the marine and commercial sectors in the region. He confirmed all the feasibility studies conducted on this project show that it will boost the economy of the region due to the strategic location of Kuwait. He said the prices for the movement of tankers through the sea will be less than the air shipment and lead to higher revenues.
www.arabtimesonline.com...

that was it until now when things have started to heat up again.

19 august Friday:

About 150 Iraqis gathered at Kuwait’s northern border with Iraq Thursday night to protest against the Mubarak Al-Kabeer Port and demand that the construction work be stopped immediately, reports Al-Watan Arabic daily.

22 august Monday:

Kuwait has mobilised military forces on Bobian Island, at the end of the Shatt al-Arab waterway, to protect its Grand Mubarak Port development from possible interference from Iraq.
www.portstrategy.com...

23 august tuesday:

The party’s secretary general threatened of counterattack and popular mobilization within 48 hours if it persists on building Mubarak port. Kuwaiti mobilization on the borders will not stop Iraqis from thwarting violation on Iraq.
www.alsumaria.tv...

26 august Friday:

DUBAI Aug 26 (Reuters) - Three rockets have hit the border area between Kuwait and Iraq, Al Arabiya TV reported early on Friday quoting diplomatic sources
af.reuters.com...

The threats are coming from both terrorist militias and Iraqi officials, at this moment its unclear who fired the rockets. Iraqi president has assured that terrorists will not harm Kuwait which I find funny because he cant even protect the Iraqi people so what he says doesnt really matter. Other Iraqi officials have vowed to take the matter to the UN...

other link/s:
Kuwait wont match Iraqs Might: MP
Iraqi Minister ‘Reiterates’ Calls To Suspend Kuwait Port Project

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Oh darn, just when peace was RIGHT around the corner!

These places need to get this conflict over with already. I know it, you know it, everybody and their mama knows it: they are going to have a huge, horrible war that kills millions of people.

Let's get it over with already.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

pretty odd eh? history repeating itself, this could really turn into a full blown middle east war, if Kuwait actually does fire into iraq.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

It appears the Iraqis are just as ignorant now as they were when I was there. Who the hell do they think they are to say Kuwait isn't "allowed" to build something in their own country? It would be like Mexico telling us we can't build a new port in the gulf. It's none of their business.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

I agree with you, but you have to remember that kuwait was part of Iraq, it was divided from Iraq and kept under british control to limit Iraqs entrance to the sea thus Iraq will not be capable of competing with the british navy in the future near the indian sea or surrounding area. I know what your thinking, Iraq, the british navy, compete, dominate, yeh the british really thought that the Iraqis will once again rise to become a major power like they were in the past. big fail on the iraqi part. Then oil was discovered in kuwait which only made it more valuable.

the port could divert 60% of the traffic that Iraq receives, and in international laws you as a country have to respect the navigation of sea transport and convoys of other countries. The problem here is that the kuwaities claim that the iraqis had agreed on the port around 4-5 years ago, but now the iraqis are saying that they didnt agree to the terms and the kuwaitis must halt and build the port elsewhere.

In other words the Iraqis have the right to object, especially to the fact that the port will be so close to theirs in Basra province, but they spoke very late, thats 4 years late...

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

That was just my uneducated opinion on the matter. I have no idea about international laws. Lol, I am wrong about alot of things. What confuses me is, if this does result in a conflict of some kind, our (US) troops that are already over there will surely get pulled into it. But would we be on the side of the Iraqis whom we have invested so much in or the Kuwaities which we screwed up Iraq in the first place for? I think we should just leave and let them do their thing, but what do I know?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

Yeah, we have military bases and personnel in both countries.....hmmmm..........who to attack, who to protect.......

I see the concerns, but, damn! Why not some cooperation and scheduling agreements concerning passage through the shipping lanes? Is that too much to expect?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

one word: Money
2nd

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

kuwait wont fire into iraq even with all the hate, but iraq on the other hand is very unpredictable when it comes to dealing with kuwait..

PM: He pointed out that Kuwait should stop dealing with Iraq in a callous manner because it (the country:kuwait) is smaller than the issue.”

they have to cuss each other all the time lol

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

So when they say Baghdad do they mean America?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I bet Iraq and Kuwait didn't like each other. Iraq today still didn't even return all the equipment/gold/treasury they stole from the Gulf War after Iraqi troops looted and stealing a lot of resources from many Kuwaiti museums and cities. Even today Iraq didn't return all the equipment they stole from Kuwait during the Gulf War.

Today, i heard that the Kuwaiti oil fields and environmental beauties in Kuwait are still not completely recovered after Iraqi troops during 1991 Operation Desert Storm burned the Kuwaiti oil fields in the retreat in the face of U.S./UN troops, causing it a major disaster in the Persian Gulf region.
edit on 29-8-2011 by Paulioetc15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paulioetc15
I bet Iraq and Kuwait didn't like each other. Iraq today still didn't even return all the equipment/gold/treasury they stole from the Gulf War after Iraqi troops looted and stealing a lot of resources from many Kuwaiti museums and cities. Even today Iraq didn't return all the equipment they stole from Kuwait during the Gulf War.

WELL since the almighty USA is controlling the now free land of Iraq, well,,,, you would think the US could return anything that you alledge was stolen in said conflict.

Today, i heard that the Kuwaiti oil fields and environmental beauties in Kuwait are still not completely recovered after Iraqi troops during 1991 Operation Desert Storm burned the Kuwaiti oil fields in the retreat in the face of U.S./UN troops, causing it a major disaster in the Persian Gulf region.

That is the excuse the powers that be told us all just so the petrol prices could rise.
So if you believe that, you would nearly believe anything.

ETA. If Kuwait had an army, well why the F%#&* didn't they stop Iraq to start with

edit on 29-8-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-8-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by meathed

WELL since the almighty USA is controlling the now free land of Iraq, well,,,, you would think the US could return anything that you alledge was stolen in said conflict.

The USA combat troops isn't in Iraq anymore. Plus we trying to tell Iraq to return it but some reason they refuse. It's still account for all the missing stuff Iraqi troops stole from 1991 Kuwait. I can't know what what i read from various sources, Iraq didn't return all the stuff they stole.

That is the excuse the powers that be told us all just so the petrol prices could rise. So if you believe that, you would nearly believe anything. ETA. If Kuwait had an army, well why the F%#&* didn't they stop Iraq to start with

Huh? Look, i have been into Kuwait a year ago and i can still see that the environmental of Kuwait and the oil fields hasn't been fully recovered and it also takes some time.

Plus Kuwait is a very small country. They can't defend themselves from a nation that is 3 times bigger than Kuwait. Plus we do have a treaty that Kuwait allowed U.S. troops in Kuwait in case of possible attack.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

reply to post by meathed

The USA combat troops isn't in Iraq anymore.

LMFAO. No combat troops in Iraq, are you serious???????????????

Plus we trying to tell Iraq to return it but some reason they refuse. It's still account for all the missing stuff Iraqi troops stole from 1991 Kuwait. I can't know what what i read from various sources, Iraq didn't return all the stuff they stole.

And before i go on, i do like and respect your thoughts, but this time,,,,,,,,,,Seriously Paul, you cant be serious.
The iraqis are still trying to get back all the loot the USA and its freedom fighters have stolen through out the years of liberation

So maybe the Iraqis will return the alledge stolen loot when your US soliders return theirs.

Huh? Look, i have been into Kuwait a year ago and i can still see that the environmental of Kuwait and the oil fields hasn't been fully recovered and it also takes some time.

Yeah Yeah, what ever,,, its just like the World Trade Centre Towers, these things dont take time to rebuild or to recover, these things can be sorted out and dealt with ASAP. The only reason that this is not fixed is for propaganda reasons.

Plus Kuwait is a very small country. They can't defend themselves from a nation that is 3 times bigger than Kuwait.

HAaaaaaaaaa Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, BS, and even if they cant defend themselves, what gives you the right to run in and kill what ever you dont agree with?"????
Head up A$#@ much???????

Plus we do have a treaty that Kuwait allowed U.S. troops in Kuwait in case of possible attack.

Well stick your treaty where the sun doesnt shine big boy your said treaty means nothing, i wont even use the paper your treaty is written on to wipe my lilly white ass with.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by meathed

reply to post by meathed

The USA combat troops isn't in Iraq anymore.

LMFAO. No combat troops in Iraq, are you serious???????????????

Plus we trying to tell Iraq to return it but some reason they refuse. It's still account for all the missing stuff Iraqi troops stole from 1991 Kuwait. I can't know what what i read from various sources, Iraq didn't return all the stuff they stole.

And before i go on, i do like and respect your thoughts, but this time,,,,,,,,,,Seriously Paul, you cant be serious.
The iraqis are still trying to get back all the loot the USA and its freedom fighters have stolen through out the years of liberation

So maybe the Iraqis will return the alledge stolen loot when your US soliders return theirs.

Yeah Yeah, what ever,,, its just like the World Trade Centre Towers, these things dont take time to rebuild or to recover, these things can be sorted out and dealt with ASAP. The only reason that this is not fixed is for propaganda reasons.

Plus Kuwait is a very small country. They can't defend themselves from a nation that is 3 times bigger than Kuwait.

HAaaaaaaaaa Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, BS, and even if they cant defend themselves, what gives you the right to run in and kill what ever you dont agree with?"????
Head up A$#@ much???????

I cannot talk to you because you rambling grammar makes me puke.

new topics

top topics

join