It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3D laser projection .altering reality

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ashtonkusher

Its all part of the illusion, Interested to know what you think is happening here if it's not a projected image,but i think you will find that these images are projected from an external source ,using the building as a giant screen.similiar to what you can buy for personal use

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

It says it is laser projection. Like in surgery, they must be able to have the laser concentrate behind a pillar, and also behind passing people. ( Tho in a surgery, it is behind skin and organs...
)

I was impressed by the moving blocks, twisting bricks and crunching effects!
Cooler than I thought.

What will it be when they are able to use the atmosphere as a canvas? THAT would change Hollywood for sure!
edit on 26-8-2011 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
wow. We can alter reality with holgrams. Cool

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

neat projection, but where is the 3D and the laser? The building is 3D by nature and the light is not lazer. Maybe the projector uses a lazer for focus but that is about it. I would love to see a laser hologram, this is not it.
Why not just call it a nuclear magic ghost with carmel sauce? Why add things that are not there?
edit on 26-8-2011 by earthdude because: I decided to add an insult

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
that is insanely awesome, and yes it's laser projection, I've seen similar demonstrations but in a single room where the decorations and colors were all changed on walls and furniture ..

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

I stand corrected, it does appear to be a modulated laser projection. But no 3D without a 3D backdrop.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

No not 3d, the topic may need to be adjusted by the OP ..
still a very impressive display.. I'd love to have one of these things during halloween

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Edit: nevermind .. it's VIVID and Intel but not discussing this tech ( a video I posted and removed )
edit on 26-8-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
There are some cool 3d effects at around 3 minutes in.. and on

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I have noticed that telivisions called 3d don't really have a 3d picture, just two, two dimensional ones. 3D is not really 3D like reality.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
here you go .. I found some more examples of this sort of thing..

From 2009 so not AS brilliant.. but still awesome..

Oops fixed
edit on 26-8-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
optic is 90% of our reality...see how easy we can go into other dimensions...imagine you could see infra-red or x-ray style.. i hope this will happen in the near future...would change everything

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I am thinking this may have been used to create the Norway spiral, as a test ,

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I think the 3-d mapping is really cool looking. Not that new as far as tech goes but neither is this...

www.youtube.com...

edit on 27-8-2011 by constantwonder because: fix link

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Loved it!

thanks for sharing

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

I think that the 3d he is referring to is the 3 dimensional blocks that are twisting and moving into place is what im thinking but either way this is very fascinating... If an individual or a company can do this just think what the government can do....

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
It's just a 2D projection.

It's just pre-modified so it conforms to the 3D surface it's being projected on. It's a clever optical trick, that's all.

They don't use lasers. They use a combination of 80,000 lumen PIGA film projectors, and 20,000 lumen digital Christie Roadster Data projectors.

www.theelectriccanvas.com.au...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join