It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To bring another human being to this awful world..

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
(intro off topic)
It is truly a wonderful thing, to create another human being with his or her partner. Me and m partner just agreed to create one suddenly. And its wonderful! I am 25, and i am afraid. Heck, everybody's doing it! But we know the world is already overpopulated. Am i being selfish? I am setting a new life to this earth, and I do feel selfish. I could easily think that this life might turn out to be a good one. A soldier for the Greater Good. But I also think, what if its not? I am now enjoying my last hours of consuming red wine.

Sorry for being all philosophical in my last days as an individual without child.
I just finished my education as a photographer and obviously i am not going to pursuit my dream anytime soon. What do you think? Do you have kids? Whats it like? No kids? Kids? What do you think? Did you have any dreams you were pursuing at the time you find out you were going to have kids?

(on topic)
As a child I have experienced quite a lot of strange things ( some as an adult), and I know mine is going to have the same experiences. Well, probably. I can feel it. As getting more and more close to the 2012 scenario, I really hope that its not that bad of an idea to have a child at this moment. I don't believe in massive destruction anytime soon, but I can feel something is going on. And that's why I am afraid. I am looking for individuals here on ats, who might be in the same position in life as I am. Are you with child? Do you have the same feeling as I have?`

I am hoping for non destructive apocalypse (wiki on apocalypse - is a disclosure of something hidden from the majority of mankind in an era dominated by falsehood and misconception.) So that's why I feel within myself that its OK to have a child at this point. I am also very focused to eat healthy while pregnant, do yoga (A LOT) and do stuff like play classical music and so on, for my unborn child so that it might evolve to be a more spiritual being with a more intuitive sense then I have been myself, after i entered adulthood. I do not want to create a super child, don't get me wrong please, I just want it to be born with a more deeper perspective than I did and I will do my best to listen to my child more than my parents ever bothered to listen to me. I might have just been a more intuitive person if my parents just would have let me be when i was a child.. (sorry for language, i am from Norway)

Peace and Love to all

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by creatureme

dear creatureme,yu'll do fine! if you feel this way before your child is born,your child will be blessed! i didn't have the best life growing up,but i decided to 'break the chain' with my 2 beautiful boys! now they are extremely intelligent,caring,intuative young boys.(men) they are 12&10,but they behave much older,with the compassion&wisdom of the dali lama!!! the trick is love & teaching. remember this,they are not 'just' children,they are little humans.they are like a sponge,and they will suck up good or bad,whatever they see. its up to you what they will become. congrads and have fun!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I have a beautiful 8 yr old daughter. Children are wonderful. The only thing that bothers me about what you said is that you have given up on your dream to be a photographer. That will eventually lead to having regrets. You need to live life and accomplish your dreams before having a child, because after you do life isn't about what you want or dream of anymore. It's all about the child and being a parent after that. Don't get me wrong, being a father is the most wonderful thing that has ever happened in my life but I lived my life before I had a kid.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
As a father of 3 and uncle to many more, I have learned that kids are much more prepared for this world than their brainwashed parents! The intelligence and clear sight is lost somewhere in the teens and most never find it again.

Only have a child if YOU are ready. The child will be just fine. He/She will be there to comfort you when you need help.

All I ask is that you love the child, even if they are not the fairytale child most have been programmed to expect!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Thnx! And yes, I will probably try to think of the young one as a little adult. They have no experience, but they sure do have the wisdom of the source we once tapped into as a child. And as an adult, i am quite jealous of the young ones, i am afraid to spoil it for my unborn tho

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300

I have a beautiful 8 yr old daughter. Children are wonderful. The only thing that bothers me about what you said is that you have given up on your dream to be a photographer. That will eventually lead to having regrets. You need to live life and accomplish your dreams before having a child, because after you do life isn't about what you want or dream of anymore. It's all about the child and being a parent after that. Don't get me wrong, being a father is the most wonderful thing that has ever happened in my life but I lived my life before I had a kid.

That's wonderful! I know, children ARE wonderful! But I know that, I will pursue my life as a photographer anyway, just not the way i thought it to be at the moment. I was seeking my own studio and what not, but I can still do my artsystuff and at least try, my own pregnancy could be the most wonderful photo experience of them all you know, and i feel at the moment that this child is the most important thing for me in point of life, lifewise. This child will be a product of myself, it is terrifying, but also.. a burst of love. you know

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Personally speaking, I know I'll never have kids, I don't like them and my girlfriend had a young child from a previous relationship but doesn't want any more so I know we'll be safe there if safe is the right word to use lol

Good luck though and congrats

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

The world was always awful. Can anyone honestly say they lived in a time where nothing awful happened? I challenge anyone.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
As a father of 3 and uncle to many more, I have learned that kids are much more prepared for this world than their brainwashed parents! The intelligence and clear sight is lost somewhere in the teens and most never find it again.

Only have a child if YOU are ready. The child will be just fine. He/She will be there to comfort you when you need help.

All I ask is that you love the child, even if they are not the fairytale child most have been programmed to expect!

My childhood was really lost as a teenager..My dad was the most lonesome being in the world abusing drugs, and its the worst that have ever happened to me in the spiritual way. If I could choose my parents it would..have been me and my partner.. weird...but.. I feel much more open than I would have liked my parents to be..

Drug abusers they were...when i grew up, I was often alone with my experiences...I don't want my kid to feel alone..

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
The intelligence and clear sight is lost somewhere in the teens and most never find it again.

LOL!!! That happened to me. I lost my freakin mind when I turned 13 and dont think I got it all back.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

All I can say to you is that children come to you...you don't conjure them up and say, oh I want a child. Your family chooses you.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000

The world was always awful. Can anyone honestly say they lived in a time where nothing awful happened? I challenge anyone.

You have challenged me!!! MOHAHAHA!

Yes I know, but I feel the world is at its worst at the time, more than ever.. It is not only the air that is polluted, but everything else also, i can elaborate. (tomorrow, sorry, if anyone want me to, i will tomorrow, when being more..uhum..sober)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

Yep, i certainly feel chosen. This was not planned at all, and I love it!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
while it is important to be informed, if you overdose on the negative, it can skew your perspective. follow your heart, and do your best

my 2 children are the reason I am still alive

hope that helps

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
It is possible to be happy with children.
It is possible to be miserable with children.
It is possible to be happy without children.
It is possible to be miserable without children.

That should cover all the bases.

edit on 8/25/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

get on their level,and it will amaze you!
peace and love,you;ll do fine!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by reficul

get on their level,and it will amaze you!
peace and love,you;ll do fine!

I will! Thank you! But like I said, I will listen to them and care for them more then my elders did..I know this will be wonderful!!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I will be glad to post pics of my future belly, just for the fun of it. Maybe in the below ats tho, but..this is new for me.. and frankly.. I am scared, guess that normal

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
You sound like you will be a wonderful parent and I feel confident that your child will be nurtured and loved. The world around us in chaos and has been for a very, very, long time. Some people are able to find the balance that is needed to make it through. No one can predict what will or will not happen, but I think you and your child will find your way through no matter what. Congratulations!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
If you have more then one don't pick a favorite. That is the worst thing you can do to a household of multiple children. If you choose one out of 3 the other 2 will be so messed up from it they may hate you for life. Or feel like they will never be good enough. It will psychologically mess with them.

The favorite would eventually let you down anyway. Why the other 2 would be trying to impress you. And you'd never get to fully bond with the others. So their good deeds would always go without the full attention they'd deserve from you.

Beyond that children are delicate creatures they all take and individualistic approach to raising. Some kids don't need alot of punishment while others need a little more. Some kids need more love then others. You get the idea.

Sit back may attention to them and they will tell you how's best to raise them. Not saying let them run the household. I'm saying their actions,words,who they are will tell you the best way to approach them.

You got to psychologically figure them out early. Once you do that you will learn to be the best parent in the world in their eyes.

I'm no parent would love to be one day! But I can tell you from the so called "raising" I got that I know exactly what (NOT) to do.

The main important thing is listen. And be supportive. Children don't like to feel like their not part of conversation or group. Once you cut them out they may one day cut you out. Dysfunction is no way to go.

If you and your partner don't stay together. MAKE SURE you don't let them have a pos step parent. It'll do nothing but cause misery in everyone involved.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join