It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you saved? The best description I have heard.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

thank you friend for trying to understand what i say.i dont need a star,for i dont think this is a video game! i think its an open forem for peoples thoughts on what they think. no hate for anyone or anything here.i,m a teacher,and i'm the teacher you hated in 5th grade,but when you get older you remember what that teacher taught you! that my experience anyway
peace be with you,and love your fellow man/woman

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

What if you came here from another planet, in another universe, and another time, and was born again, and born again so many freaking times all you want to do is just go home again? Tired of human living, you might say. Or just tired of living among the humans. What would you save me from, by the way, that I haven't already experienced here in Hell Central? You religious types are running scared, I can tell, and so can everyone else. Saviour did come as expected? No matter, you can come with the rest of us. Happy you have you along! Party on the Mothership, I'm buying!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I can teach you the path to love. It is not hard and it starts with 2 simple steps.

Step 1) Forgiveness. Stop holding grudges and holding onto anger against somoene who has wronged you or hurt your feelings. When you have learned forgiveness, you have started on the path to learning how to love correctly.

Step 2) Friendship. Once you have learned forgiveness you can then begin to learn how to be a good friend. Being a friend means that you are there for whoever, it doesnt matter if you know them or not. If they need your help, do whatever you can for them and hold nothing back. Give them the shirt off your back if you have to. This was one of Jesus' teachings. By learning how to care about someone, even if you don't know them, you are that much closer to learning how to love.

Being a servant to others is Christ's wish for his children, we are supposed to be the light in the world in his absence, a beacon for hope.

It took me 14 years of walking in darkness, alone to learn those 2 steps. I had stopped going to church, i was angry and hurting over the abuse i suffered at by my fathers own hand. I was spiraling out of control and i was being attacked by satan constantly and it was a never ending war of hell and i was so tired. Last january for the first time i went to church in 14 years, and it was like coming home. I learned how to forgive my father for hurting me, and to forgive my family for abandoning me. After i learned forgiveness, i learned how to be a real friend and soon after i learned how to love with all my heart. Truthfully it was being married to my wife who was a christian that enabled the Holy Spirit to bring me out of darkness. It only took 2 years after i married her for the Holy Spirit to break through my seemingly impenetrable wall of hurt and anger and hate.

On July 3rd 2011, i recieved the Holy Spirit's message and it changed who i was, i literally became a new man. I began to think differently, and i bought a cross pendant in the style of roman nails and i made a new covenent with Jesus. I would wear a crucifix as a symbol to signify that i will serve him and i will do my best to keep his commandments, and no more would i be afraid to lift my hands in worship to him and no longer would i be afraid to raise my voice as loud as i could and sing his praises. This is the power of Jesus Christ, to bring a man who had been consumed by darkness and hate and heartache, and heal him and set him on the right path. On july 3rd, i stood in the presence of Christ and i hit my knees because my King was there, and now all i want is to go home and be with him.

I can honestly say that if a door to heaven opened up i would dive through it, even if there was no air to breathe. I love my wife and family, but i love Jesus more because he did what no one could have done for me. He saved my soul and brought me out of darkness and despair when no one else could reach me. This is my King.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by SuperiorEd

What if you came here from another planet, in another universe, and another time, and was born again, and born again so many freaking times all you want to do is just go home again? Tired of human living, you might say. Or just tired of living among the humans. What would you save me from, by the way, that I haven't already experienced here in Hell Central? You religious types are running scared, I can tell, and so can everyone else. Saviour did come as expected? No matter, you can come with the rest of us. Happy you have you along! Party on the Mothership, I'm buying!

Salvation is redemption form your own fallen nature. Pride is really what you are being rescued from. This pride is not the pride of a job well done. Rather, it is the pride that causes fear. Fear is the bitter enemy of a person standing in the wilderness alone trying to fill the void. The truth is, you are not alone. God is there with you every step. The resentment you feel inside is really a loathing of the image you see in yourself when viewed by the mirror of truth. We are all forced to look at our own unpleasant image by this reflection process.

We have two options: We can run to pleasure, imagining that this is the reward of living, or we can suffer work in loving-kindness to others. I've said it before: Taking reward ends in suffering. Suffering work for others ends in reward. Fear causes us to run for the reward in weakness. God is the strength to overcome this when pride is put aside. This is the work of the flaming sword of God. This consuming fire will destroy or heal. The choice of outcome is in our approach to the process. We are what we think about most of the time.

When you say, "Party on the Mothership, I'm buying!" what are you actually revealing? This is the stance of giving up and running to the self-gratification of a life trying to fill the emptiness. In reality, spending your reward from work on alcohol robs your family of resources that might otherwise benefit them. If you have no family, then you could use the money to help the needy. Either way, the path you choose will reveal your heart. Live for self or live for others. God is one of the others by the way. Equality is what God desires. Pride can only elevate self above others.

What is the answer to filling the void with peace? God can take your image and cleanse it from all impurity. This is something you will be unable to do form the opening of a bottle. None of us are capable on our own.

Anyway, something to think about since you asked. This is true for me as well. I have my own battles to fight in life. You and I are not much different.

edit on 26-8-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Lighterside

You dont pay Jesus anything. The gift of salvation is FREE. Tithes are voluntary and go towards helping feed the poor and buy coats and winter clothes for children who cannot afford them or helping the homeless or victims of disasters. You claim to be a good person but all i see in your words is disdain for people who truly care about others and try to pass on Christ's love. You are entirely too judgemental of christians. Jesus said "Judge not, unless you would be judged, for the measure in which you judge others shall also be the measure used to judge you" (paraphrased). Ofcourse i do not expect you to understand because you are not a believer and you seem to have a closed heart and unwilling to have an open mind.

Clearly your statement that you "love your fellow man" does not include christians so it is a lie. You do not love your fellow man when you pass judgement on them, no matter who they are or what they have done.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I am an Orthodox Christian and we have a different idea/concept of "being saved" than the majority of people in this country who call themselves "Christians". Christianity in the US is generally accepted to mean some form of evangelical protestantism. Nevertheless, here is a short video description of what an Orthodox's answer to the question "Are you saved?" would be:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Wow, trollin' much? Wonderful to meet your acquaintance. Here, let me go ahead and feed you... say "aaaahhhhhh"

You should go ahead and apply some logical common sense to the context to my statements. When did I say anyone needed to pay Jesus? It's a little ludicrous to assume I would pay someone who hasn't been alive for roughly 2000 years, don't you think?

(now, for a moment, lets assume I'm ignorant enough to not know how many christian institutions use their collected funds)

I'm not a good person because I do not wish to give my earnings over to your church to help those who need it?

Well [snip] me, guess there's no reason to be charitable to any other hundreds of charity non-profit organizations the exist outside of any christian organization. -- And yes, we're talking about ME, because you know what? I stated that I (and that's a [snip]in' capital I) have no desire to pay someone for the 'privilege' of their prescribed salvation. That is MY will. YOU can do what ever you damn well please with your money, and if you choose that you need saving then so be it, and I don't even care if you decide to be saved by Jesus Christ, or a pink stuffed panda. It's YOUR will, and YOUR choice, and I would never deny anyone that... not even a lowly troll!

And yes, I am fully aware that not all Christians require a tithing. I am also aware that if you can do so, it's the appropriate action to take in the eyes of your church. And IMO, would kind of be asinine not to if you chose to participate in that church. The statement...

And I have enough love for myself to know that I am not so flawed that I need to 'save' mysel..... er rather, pay tithing to someone else to 'save' me.

The correct context is thus: I don't feel I need to be saved, so I do not need to try to save myself by any means, including joining a church - and paying my dues, in order to save myself.

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

You are entirely too judgemental of christians.

Speaking of judgment, your contradiction is astounding....
Did you honestly type that with a straight face?

You DID judge me as someone who would have disdain for anyone helping their fellow man.

You DID judge me as a liar.

You DID judge me as someone who has....

a closed heart and unwilling to have an open mind

Not ONCE did I pass judgement on you, or Christians. Stating that I find an ideology from your beliefs gives me a sad feeling when thinking about it, is not passing judgement. Tell me, honestly, who the [snip] do you think you are? I suggest you learn to read properly.

And let me be clear, if it wasn't already in previous posts in this thread, I have much admiration for Christians, even though I choose not to share their beliefs. I have no respect whatsoever however for trolls, christian or not.

Hope that filled ya up nice n good. Stay Classy!

edit on 27-8-2011 by Lighterside because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Thanks for the thread SuperiorEd. I'm so glad you have brought up this subject so that people can have an understanding of what being saved actually is / the importance of being ''born again'' .

The simplest way I can say this is when you have turned to the Lord Jesus Christ, having repented, acknowledging you are a sinner, and accept/believe in that He (Christ Jesus) died for you PERSONALLY, and shed His Holy precious blood which paid for our sins). Once you receive and accept this truth and ask His forgiveness, it is at that precise moment when you become ''born again'' ...The Holy Spirit of God gives you that ''new birth'' spiritually.
(we ALL are born in sin since the fall of Adam btw, not one of us is perfect no matter how good we are).. Jesus offers redemption for ALL. It is a FREE gift that cannot be earned... Please just ACCEPT this free gift of salvation. He offers a peace that passeth all understanding! in the midst of all our trials and tribulation. He will never lead you wrongly. He is the way, the truth and the life.
He loves us all and the gift of salvation is free for the taking..

I hope this also helps shed a bit of light to others.
Love ya, Bro.!
Great post, keep pointing and looking to Him, the author and finisher of our faith!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

You made a statement by implying that we expect you to pay a tithe, like some government yesman come to take your tax money. I did in no way judge you, i told you the error of your ways so that you could change your thinking. I in no way told you, that you were going to hell if you didn't change your ways or accept Christ as your savior. Telling someone they are going to hell because they don't think like you is called JUDGING, for you are taking God's right to judge upon yourself and eliminating His final decision and removing Him from the equation, THAT is what is called "judging".

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Telling someone they are going to hell because they don't think like you is called JUDGING, for you are taking God's right to judge upon yourself and eliminating His final decision and removing Him from the equation, THAT is what is called "judging

Actually its quite a bit more then that....

Judging someone is forming an opinion/conclusion of that person based on what you believe they are.

Telling someone what they "should" be doing because you think its correct according to whatever source IS judging someone, simply because if they're doing something you don't agree with, you say "its wrong"... That is a conclusion/opinion...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

You made a statement by implying that we expect you to pay a tithe, like some government yesman come to take your tax money.

I'm glad that you feel that anyone that is not with you, is against you. Way to add your own contextual assessment of my statement. Maybe you've spent a little too much time on ATS being attacked for your beliefs and thinking chicken little's acorn is about to fall on your head?

I did in no way judge you

I think I clearly pointed out in my previous post, that YES you did. You obviously have the concept of judging someone wrong, as it is not unique to telling someone they are going to hell (we'll get to that). By your own beliefs, you have sinned against me. No matter how much you deny it, the text is there in black and white, and anyone with at least a common level of intelligence can see that, as the poster above did.

This is where we get to the point, where I start to think this is a waste of time, and that I am obviously arguing with an adolescent, someone with learning disables, or just a plain out moron. An assessment that has nothing to do with this persons faith mind you.

However you deny Judging me. According to you....

I in no way told you, that you were going to hell if you didn't change your ways or accept Christ as your savior. Telling someone they are going to hell because they don't think like you is called JUDGING, for you are taking God's right to judge upon yourself and eliminating His final decision and removing Him from the equation, THAT is what is called "judging".

Wait whats this? This is how you define "judging" others huh? Hmmmm, Well let me just go back to my previous posts and review... Oh look at that. No where did I once so much as even allude to telling anyone to go to hell! Guess I never really judged anyone to begin with as you claimed then did I? So... grats on defeating your own argument. How does that shoe taste?

May I suggest that once you do learn what it truly means to judge others, you find one of your church leaders, and have them help you repent for your actions.

You are illogical, judgmental, wrong, and offensive. It's people like you that cause others to generalize people of your faith into unflattering stereotypes, and you should be deeply ashamed for how you have represented yourself, and your faith.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
For educational purposes, I'd like to point out that the last statement in my post above is indeed "Judging" someone.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join