It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unlock you Sixth Sense!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
What is your sixth sense? And how do you unlock it?

Your sixth sense is a dimension of awareness. The telepathic, intuitive, psychic abilities inherent in us all.

How do you unlock these abilities? There are a number of ways...

1, By a lot of work and introspection.
2. By a sudden change of life...as in an accident or threat to life.
3. Stop being a victim to your circumstances...well that circles around to number 1 on the list.
4. Synchronicities...pay attention

Right now, I am concentrating on 1 and 4. Intuition is increasing. I would like to focus on number 4 for a moment.

(And this happened just the other day)

A thought randomly pops in my head...a butterfly...a flash of a notion. I look and dismiss.....go about my day.

A thought randomly pops in my head....a butterfly...a flash of a notion. I pay attention, notate it and then go about my day....

Scenario 1...I go to the grocery store...when I'm leaving I see a butterfly. I think...I have to get to my car that is parked all the way at the end of the lot....aaargh.

Scenario 2...I go to the grocery store...when I'm leaving I see a butterfly. I stop...and look, OMG it is the most tremendously beautiful butterfly that I have ever seen. I look and look and make a mental note of the structure and colors. I'm happy to have seen and merrily go about my way.

1. I had already pre-thought about the butterfly...
2. In scenario 1, I did nothing
3. In scenario 2, I made the connection..which brings me closer to the sixth sense.
edit on 25-8-2011 by blazenresearcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Harder than that.

To not risk sounding all new age I do believe in this but well just say some have higher brain functions.vwe all have the ability but it depends on how stimulated you are growing up. Some people just don't have the opportunity.

Just a higher level of awareness.

I see connections in all things. In order to see you have to let go of the notion of past present and future being different. And stop caring about trivial matters. Were not all perfect but at times I swear I reach higher planes of thought at times when I am clear of distractions.

Using aids like marijuana or salvia can also help you see more clearly if used correctly.

Mind you one has to understand that earthly matters of are absolutely no importance. The connections are what is important.

Sixth sense isn't telepathy or wizardry. Just a higher thought process. Mind you intuition is driven by experience.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by blazenresearcher

Awareness comes and goes, but once you get the ball rolling it becomes natural to absorb... It's also a load off when you're able to understand the things that hit you even on a subconscious level.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

I don't even bother trying to explain things to people anymore.
especially when something catches my attention.
I think of things differently than most. My wife thinks im mental lol.

I despise new age though. Unfortunately it has a huge following.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

Yes and no...some of your thoughts...I feel are correct, others are not.

It is not a matter of mind...it is a matter of feeling and connection. But it is also more than that....it is not even the connection between the butterfly and myself...but the connection to all. To initiate a spark of the sixth sense...

I don't want to sound New Agey...or even Esothericy (sp...if that is a word)..I think about it like this...many have heard that blind people can see...through feelings and tactile abilities. It's kind of like that to develop your sixth sense. In a way, you have to be blind, or deaf...But you are not...so you have to develop it.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
reply to post by Americanist

I don't even bother trying to explain things to people anymore.
especially when something catches my attention.
I think of things differently than most. My wife thinks im mental lol.

I despise new age though. Unfortunately it has a huge following.

As do I...and as do I about the New Age...

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Like I said.
higher level of awareness. All things are connected. Energy, time, matter. Probably because at one point all matter used to be something else. You used to compose other matter before you were you. Hence the connection.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
So the first 3 points you gave are vague and you offer no substance for them.

As for the fourth, I really don't see how paying attention to the synchronicity of things has anything to do with unlocking any sort of 6th sense, weather it be telepathy of psychic abilities.

I notice synchronicity all the time. I'll hear someone or say myself a word or phrase, only to see a billboard with that word or phrase written on it moments later. And I know I'm not psychic.

PS I too agree the new wave garbage is just that, garbage. But boy oh boy do the charlatans sell it like hot cakes to the gullible.

edit on 25-8-2011 by Lighterside because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Yes, Metal...as above so below. Remember this...you are made of the stuff of the stars! We have the same baseline, albeit a combination of atoms as all of creation. In effect...we are all and all is us!

However, getting back to the point of developing a sixth sense or synergy...as we evolve, I believe we will move into a more synchronized state.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Not everyone though. That or not soon.
It would take hundreds of years, provided we can maintain higher standards of society than we currently do. Like I said, your upbringing will define it. There are still many who are excluded by nature.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

That is a very good descritpion of synchronicity. I am familiar with synchronous experiences as well, and that's how they go down.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Yes, and they aid you in development. However, the hype lately has been the development of the New Age Religion or whatnot....pay no attention to that! The synchronicities are here to awaken you to your potential...I know that sounds even New Agey, even to me...but that is the...well let's say the pysch-ops of this...

It is these concepts that are discussed which will become taboo because it is made fun of. A couple cases in point...

A rainbow...in our culture, a rainbow means gay...for some that is ok, but for others rainbows mean...run away!

A sun symbol (aka a swastika)...It was the sacred symbol for the sun....many, many years prior to it being the swastika....however and forever people will associate it with the tremendous horrors that prevailed.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Hmmmmmmm... Synchronicity, or sixth sense?

I think synchronicity is great and demonstrates a connection with your higher self. Situations involving time and such are related to this, as this entire lifetime has been preordained from the bigger aspect of yourself. It's getting a glimpse of and flowing with the river of life. Just being authentic and centered really taps into this...

The 6th sense, for me, is more in the realm of psychic powers like the ones developed through intense meditation and training, or sheer chance. Such as walking on a path and turning around because you felt the eyes or presence of someone else, then seeing them. This has been happening to me all day, like my attention being drawn to a certain car from afar then noticing it was someone I had a connection with. Energetic awareness.

Thin line between such things, really. As the energy on the planet continues to rise these things will become commonplace for nearly everybody. Don't get me started on telepathy!
edit on 25-8-2011 by ImplodeThisExistence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Lighterside

Are you blocking your own self? Is the question. Logic will only get you so far...and yes you have to go beyond logical if you want to understand.

I say this hesitantly, think about it logically....why would the universe even be built upon a logical premise? There are things that you and I cannot even fathom...like I already said...Like a Caveman with and Ipad! That is you and me....We know nothing...there is no reason to be logical.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Again, yes and no....and believe me, I am not then end all of knowledge here, but I believe or feel that it will take 2 generations...so how long is that. However, first there will be....as we all know...the cleansing.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ImplodeThisExistence

Ha ha...yes...you've got it...but must put into practice!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Believe me I think a clensing is needed badly.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

So by being illogical, I will open up my sixth sense? That's my best interpretation of the mumbo jumbo you spewed out in reply to my post.

Sigh.... I wish you "5th dimensional ascended beings on a higher plane of existence" wouldn't talk circles, and actually MAKE SOME SENSE with your words. I suppose I'm not "elevated" enough. Guess I'll have to wait until I transcend into a new paradigm of existence.... or some [snip]

I see that having a 'logical' discussion with you is not going to happen. G'day

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ImplodeThisExistence

This is not meant in anyway, but please do not think with the logical mind. Society actually conditions the mass to think that way. If you step out of the boundaries of your logicalibility (sp...again not sure if it is a word). That is a good thing.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Oh I know, but I'm male and it keeps coming back.

In definition, the 6th sense would be everything beyond our physical senses that's streaming into this reality. There's no use in trying to categorize. IT'S ALL PERVADING, COLOSSAL, CONGRUENT AND ONLY INCREASING EXPONENTIALLY AAAAAHHHHH!!!

Hehe... I agree, feeling is the way to go.

Earth is quickly evolving beyond mathematical construct and therefore beyond the mind.

Did you know all atoms are becoming increasingly unstable here?..

It's hard enough communicating through words and typing. I find it to be quite the experience...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join