It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Current Hurricane IRENE 2011 Voluntary & Mandatory EVACUATIONS List (please add updates)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Updated: Thursday, 25 Aug 2011, 7:48 PM EDT
Published : Thursday, 25 Aug 2011, 4:58 PM EDT

HAMPTON ROADS, Va. (WAVY) - WAVY.com provides a list of evacuation notices as they become available.

Virginia

Accomack County, Va. - Voluntary evacuation orders were issued Thursday morning for mobile home residents, as well as homes in bayside and seaside evacuation zones.
Fort Monroe, Va . - Mandatory evacuation will be conducted by 6 p.m. Friday.
Norfolk, Va. - At 4 p.m. Thursday, a voluntary evacuation has been issued to all residents in low-lying areas.
Portsmouth, Va. - A voluntary evacuation has been issued to all residents in low-lying areas.
Virginia Beach, Va. - A mandatory evacuation was issued at 5:50 p.m. Thursday for all residents and visitors of Sandbridge beginning noon Friday.

North Carolina

Currituck County, N.C. - A mandatory evacuation order was issued Thursday effective at 8 a.m. on Aug. 26.
Dare County, N.C. - Mandatory evacuation of all visitors and residents beginning 8 a.m. Friday
Hyde County, N.C. - Mandatory evacuation for everyone effective 5 a.m. Thursday. EMS services ceased Thursday at noon. No re-entry stickers will be issued.
Ocracoke County, N.C. - Mandatory evacuation for everyone effective 5 a.m. Thursday. EMS services ceased Thursday at noon. No re-entry stickers will be issued.
Southern Shores, N.C. - Mandatory evacuation of all citizens effective 8 a.m. Friday.
Tyrell County, N.C. - Mandatory evacuation effective 7 a.m. Friday.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Great idea for a thread -

I saw an earlier thread about Cape May County, NJ mandatory evacuations beginning 8 am Friday .

CAPE MAY COURT HOUSE, N.J. - Officials here issued a mandatory evacuation order late Thursday that begins at 8 a.m. Friday morning for all of Cape May County. It is estimated that as many as 750,000 people will be ordered to leave the county, said Frank McCall, the county's emergency management coordinator. McCall said it is likely that other shore counties, including Atlantic, Ocean and Monmouth, will issue similar evacuation orders. McCall said the National Weather Service has indicated that there is a 90 percent chance that Cape May County will take a direct hit from Hurricane Irene and that it could make landfall here. McCall said the decision was made to issue the order because Cape May County is considered the sixth most difficult area to evacuate in the U.S. based on it geography. "This kind of order isn't issued without a great deal of thought and concern. I urge you to move, to get out," said Cape May County Freeholder Gerald Thornton. The last time a mandatory evacuation proclamation was made was in 1985 during Hurricane Gloria.

edit on 8/25/2011 by Open2Truth because: clarity malfunction

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
While the intent of your thread is honorable, I honestly and sincerely hope people are not relying solely on ATS to determine if they should evacuate.

For the rest of us, thanks for the low down on who's gonna be packing for the weekend.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lighterside
While the intent of your thread is honorable, I honestly and sincerely hope people are not relying solely on ATS to determine if they should evacuate.

For the rest of us, thanks for the low down on who's gonna be packing for the weekend.

Some people may not have cable or a stereo in their house to listen to the broadcasts, it'd be nice to have a single thread with a list of places!

Ocean City, MD is under mandatory evac orders. All residents and tourists are ordered to be out of the town by 5PM local time, Friday.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Hey, I'd sooner rely on our ATS members than the crappy MSM. At least most of us are bound by terms to tell the truth on this site.

(ok, go ahead, laugh.)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Add coastal New York -

Get to higher ground: Bloomberg tells New Yorkers to prepare for evacuation as state of emergency is declared ahead of brutal Hurricane Irene Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Bloomberg tells tells people in Coney Island and Far Rockaway, New York, to find somewhere else to stay in case vicious storm hits Comes as states of emergency declared in six states - New York, New Jersey, Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina and Delaware - with calls for people immediately to flee Jersey Shore Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Stay safe everyone.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I never said anything about MSM though huh.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by harlot7

wow I was born in Far Rockaway, its all projects and slums now, maybe the hurricane will wash it all away

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
If you are ATS and live in an evacuation area AND have horses you need to find a place for U2U me.

I should have added in North Carolina.
edit on 25-8-2011 by crimvelvet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

U.S. Counties, Cities Prepare for Irene

Hurricane Irene is threatening hundreds of miles of highly populated areas along the U.S. coast. Millions of Americans could potentially feel the storm's impacts in the next week. Emergency managers from the Carolinas to the Northeast are taking precautions. President Obama has also started receiving briefings on the storm status.

Here's the very latest on how communities are preparing.

North Carolina (State of Emergency declared ahead of storm)

Dare County: Mandatory evacuation order is in effect for the county
Currituck County: Tourists ordered to evacuate coast on Thursday
NC Ferry System: First-come, first-serve basis for all vehicles pending road conditions
State Dept. of Transportation: Workers are positioning heavy equipment on Hatteras Island to keep N.C. 12 open as long as possible The highway is highly vulnerable to flooding during storms
Ocracoke/Hyde County: Evacuations began Wednesday morning
Read More: See what people in Wilmington are saying about Irene on TWC Social

Virginia

State Level Emergency Responders: FEMA says it has sent incident management assistance teams to staging areas in Virginia, in anticipation of further deployment to potential hurricane impact areas along the coast.
Old Dominion University: Announced that the campus will be closed this weekend and the start of classes for the fall semester will be delayed by three days. Residence halls will close at 7 p.m. on Thursday and the rest of campus will close at 5 p.m. Friday. The university will help find shelter for students with no other accomodations.
Tolls Open: Northbound tolls on the Chesapeake Expressway have been lifted as of 8 a.m. today.
U.S. Navy: The U.S. Navy has ordered the second fleet to leave Norfolk Naval Station, out to sea, to keep the ships safe.
Read More: See what people in Norfolk are saying about Irene on TWC Social

New York

New York City Evacuation Zones

State Level Emergency Responders: Agencies and local governments around the state will meet today to plan coordinated response efforts, such as emergency operations support and field staff deployments to areas that are expected to be hit the hardest.
Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo: Ordered the state's Office of Emergency Management to prepare for the potential impact of Hurricane Irene, which may hit New York State this coming Sunday.
State Level Emergency Responders: Agencies and local governments around the state will meet today to plan coordinated response efforts, such as emergency operations support and field staff deployments to areas that are expected to be hit the hardest.
Getting Prepared: Cuomo urged New Yorkers to take stock of their emergency supplies, such as water, non-perishable food, radios, batteries, supplies for any pets, and first aid kits. The Governor also encouraged New Yorkers to check in with neighbors, especially the elderly or disabled, who might need assistance to ensure that their needs are met if emergency instructions are issued.
Read More: See what people in New York City are saying about Irene on TWC Social

New Jersey (State of Emergency declared ahead of storm)

State Officials: Preparing to open an emergency operations center.
State Emergency Management Division: Coordinator Frank Donato said public notices will go out on Thursday urging residents to prepare for flooding, high wind and power outages.
Gov. Chris Christie: "If I order a mandatory evacuation, you better leave. If it turns out to be less, we should thank our lucky stars."
Read More: See what people in Atlantic City are saying about Irene on TWC Social

Delaware

Monitor Mode: Delaware Emergency Management Agency Director Jamie Turner is asking residents to monitor the weather and prepare for a possible emergency.
Read More: See what people in Wilmington are saying about Irene on TWC Social

SOURCE

Hope this helps!!!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
On a side note, with large portions of the NYC evacuated, it would easily allow teams to place any number of devices, and or whatever they wish, in any building or area they choose....

Just saying what an opportunity to move about freely, without the normal populace of NYC around....

Nevertheless, God Bless the ones in the path of this Hurricane, whereever they may be....

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
So if im on eastern long island where should I be going? I dont know where higher land would be.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

"On a side note, with large portions of the NYC evacuated, it would easily allow teams to place any number of devices, and or whatever they wish, in any building or area they choose.... "

you just made a lot of national guard Snipers,,
very horney

its martial law

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

hence the link at top to wavy.com

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by freetree64

"On a side note, with large portions of the NYC evacuated, it would easily allow teams to place any number of devices, and or whatever they wish, in any building or area they choose.... "

... for the next domestic false flag, to make 9/11 look like childs play

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by steph the conspirator
So if im on eastern long island where should I be going? I dont know where higher land would be.

Go to this site,I hope it helps and be safe.

www.nassaucountyny.gov...

They have a pdf on there with shelters and a map of evac routes.
edit on 25-8-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I believe I saw Ocean City Maryland having a mandatory evacuation.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I've never seen a hurricane get so much publicity so far out. It's only a cat 3 hurricane, and the damage in the Bahamas has not been anything out of the ordinary. So why the mass evacuations in areas that are not for-certain going to be hit? Hell, they are even prepping NYC for evacs .. by the time Irene is that far North it will likely only be a depression. Though .. the idea of a depression smacking Wall Street is ironic.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by steph the conspirator

The OP's link to wavy.com is a good place to go. They also list evacuation routes city by city up the path of Irene.

I would post the external text but it is long, so please view HERE.

I am pretty perplexed by this hurricane. I have never seen such measures taken for a Cat.1 storm in the Northeastern region. I live in Delaware and I just don't recall taking such precautions before. They have already called for evacuations south of me at our beaches..and New York.
Is it because of the heavy rains we've had? Are they worried about flooding? I know about surges but I am inland a bit and our whole area is still going bonkers.

We have become a society of fear. Fear spreading more fear. I hope we can all stay calm and keep our wits about us.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
CNN state by state report on what action each state is taking here hope that helps

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join