It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: New York & 6 Other States Declare State Of Emergency

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Reply to post by LooksLikeWeMadeIt

They do lose strength, but it depends on how fast it is travelling and the strength of the huuricane. The faster it travels and stronger it is, the further inland hurricane forces will be felt.

Here in Texas, it usually dies down about 2 hours in (~150 miles) but really strong storms can persist much further in. In 1988, Hurricane Gilbert went all the way to San Antonio (it was a category 5), and the heavy storms reached all the to South Dakota, more or less.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The shear size, from Cuba to the Carolinas, of the hurricane is shown on the videos below, from space. It's moved a bit as these were from earlier(1st 2 days ago, 2nd video earlier today).

International Space Station with Astronaut commentary

For those in the path, stay safe.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
OK You guys are going way too deep into the conspiracy aspect... its JUST MOTHER NATURE.

Hurricanes happen. Sometimes they even go up the coast to New England. It's rare but it happens.

From the looks of this by the time it reaches NYC/CT/RI it will be a Category 1 AT BEST. So while I am in Connecticut, I am not expecting anything more than say 75-80mph winds at worst.

Am I preparing in case we lose power for a few days? Yeah why not. It never hurts and we always have a supply of food on hand that could last us weeks anyways. Just have to refill the gas containers for the generator.

We used to lose power here a lot so a generator became handy but over the years it has improved.

Also the media is hyping this up because they boost their RATINGS! I highly doubt they are talking about this constantly because of some false flag attack.

If you're near the coast make sure you don't have anything outside that could be blown away. Bunker down and wait it out.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TriForce
Wow, its been New York this and New York that on the News. Anytime someone sneezes in New York, the media reports it, they are no more important than any other city/state.
Dont you realize that North Carolina is going to bear the brunt of this storm? If and when it does get to NY it will be significantly weaker.

Yeap. Our little island is under mandatory evacuation orders and right now they think it will make first landfall here.
www.witn.com...

The latest forecast tracks have Hurricane Irene making landfall as a Category 3 hurricane extremely close to Atlantic Beach. This will be one of the most serious storm events our town has faced in over 50 years. It is not to be taken lightly.

www.atlanticbeach-nc.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LOLZebra
OK You guys are going way too deep into the conspiracy aspect... its JUST MOTHER NATURE.

Did you hear anything the guys from the I.S.S. said? This storm stretches from Cuba to the Carolinas with a 300 mile long wind field...AND they mentioned about it crossing land. They said, they're about to take a beating and it's going to last a LONG time.

Now, i'm not sure about you....but that sounds pretty darn serious to me. It's a Cat 3 with potential to be a Cat 4. Sure, EARTH has been around since the beginning of time....but, errrrrr WE HAVEN'T!!!! Earth will be fine....the inhabitants on it......are the one's in danger.

I'm from Jersey...and lots of my friends are still there. They sure are taking an EXTREME WEATHER BEATING!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
You people saying it will weaken by a huge margin:

*Current forecasts have the storm tracking up the coast, clipping the coast of NC, and heading straight for NYC

*The NE seaboard has loads of moisture in the air right now.

*The ocean temps are just under the temp needed to build strength on the NE seaboard. They are perfect for sustaining strength, though. (~80°+ to build strength. ~70°-80° to sustain). Right now, as a Cat. 3, it is off the coast of FL. The water temps are ~85°. They drop to ~80° around the Chesapeake Bay area, and are ~75° all the way up to Boston.)

Moisture + ~80° water temp = strength building hurricane.

It has 1.5 - 2 more days to traverse 85° waters . . .
edit on 8/25/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nuttin4U

I guess what I mean was that yes, this is a major storm, and yes the media / news are going to be talking about it.

People here seem to think that BECAUSE they are talking about it on TV/Radio SO MUCH that its a conspiracy in itself to get us to 'rely on the government'. In fact I think from what I heard on the radio is that you should not rely on anyone but yourself for at least the first day before crews are able to get out there and clean up the roads / restore power.

But yeah. Stay safe

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MuchTooSerious

Originally posted by buni11687
After the earthquake the other day, what are the odds that some of the infastructure in the area has been somewhat damaged? From what I saw on the tv, the damage looked very minimal, but, will that factor in to what this hurricane may do?

ETA - I just remembered the washington monument was closed

www.cnn.com...

maybe that giant phallus will finally topple. a much more appropo monument to America today: A flacid phallus.
They shut the monument down to visitors, right? Thats pretty crazy. i hope they have cameras on it and we get to see it crack and topple over like a losing game of jenga.

Maybe that flacid phallus has longtime been represented by FLORIDA both geographically and socio-politically.....?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Flying Sorcerer

I guess with all these states declaring States of Emergency, that would leave the door wide open for FEMA to come in and take over the places, and lock up anyone in their FEMA concentration camps who does not obey their orders. I thought September 9th/ 10th was the big day all the Emergency Services worldwide are preparing for with their Emergency Drills etc. or maybe they'll wait til September 11 (seeing as that's the illuminati's sacrificial date).

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
There is no local, state, or federal law that says you have to evacuate your home. And if you do evacuate, don't be surprised if you get to sleep in your car for five days on the side of the highway until the "authorities" decide it's safe for you to return. And if you go to one of their "shelters," don't be surprised if you have to endure airport-style patdowns to enter and perhaps having to ask permission to leave. And don't expect your guns to still be there when you get back.

"State of Emergency?" That sounds like a euphemism for "martial law." This whole thing is a drill for when they get serious about their forced evacuations of entire regions. Everytime there is a brush fire somewhere, or a heavy snowfall, or a small flood, they declare one of their 'mandatory evacuations.' I am seeing more and more of them. Oh yeah, this is all part of the agenda.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
i think that we should refrain from ascribing nefarious motivations to the actions of local governments declaring SoE. They do it, partially, for the federal funding for clean-up etc. Also to make sure people understand the seriousness of the alert. To be honest i had no idea about this until late last night. I , honestly, wasn't paying attention.

As for the FEMA camp stuff... It's a hurricane, not the Haiti Earthquake. In all likelihood itll hit, do some damage and pass. this is not the first time it has happened nor will it be the last. We don't live in a climate controlled world. If Mother Nature decideds to smack us on the ass she's going to do just that.
I wouldn't worry about FEMA, or the GOV'T. They are just trying to protect people. Sometimes they AREN'T trying to be EVIL....Just a thought.
I'm going to be pissed if my power goes out. I'm not sure how long my Laptop battery lasts. Going to change the power settings tomorrow. Even if the net goes down i've got plenty of movies and books on here to keep me busy. I've also got plenty of water, canned food, candles, batteries and flashlights. i should be ok.
STAY SAFE.
Dont try to go bodysurfing during the storm or fly any kites.

P.S.
Who here can wait to watch Meteorologists getting blown down the street? My favorite part.
edit on 08/25/2011 by MuchTooSerious because: oh my god typos

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

He's joking.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skerrako
reply to post by TrueAmerican

To those who believe in occult symbolism, 11/11/11 is coming around again. 100 years before that date Woodrow Wilson (creator of the Federal Reserve) signed the Versaille treaty ending WWI and the Globalist first step to an NWO by taking out the Czars in Russia. It was signed at 11:11 in the morning as well.

Knowledge is power

Agreed. However, The treaty of Versailles was signed on June 28, 1919
The armistice that ended WW1 was signed on 11/11/1918
Which event were you referring to?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by kiwitina948
reply to post by Flying Sorcerer

I guess with all these states declaring States of Emergency, that would leave the door wide open for FEMA to come in and take over the places, and lock up anyone in their FEMA concentration camps who does not obey their orders. I thought September 9th/ 10th was the big day all the Emergency Services worldwide are preparing for with their Emergency Drills etc. or maybe they'll wait til September 11 (seeing as that's the illuminati's sacrificial date).

Well from wiki here it does mention

A state of emergency is a governmental declaration that may suspend some normal functions of the executive, legislative and judicial powers, alert citizens to change their normal behaviours, or order government agencies to implement emergency preparedness plans. It can also be used as a rationale for suspending rights and freedoms, even if guaranteed under the constitution. Such declarations usually come during a time of natural or man made disaster, during periods of civil unrest, or following a declaration of war or situation of international or internal armed conflict.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Member Goochball added a post in another thread with a list of webcams for those wanting to monitor the progress of Irene once she has hit here

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
well i dont know... this cant be good. too much # going on right now
edit on 26-8-2011 by 2Unknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by starviego
There is no local, state, or federal law that says you have to evacuate your home. And if you do evacuate, don't be surprised if you get to sleep in your car for five days on the side of the highway until the "authorities" decide it's safe for you to return. And if you go to one of their "shelters," don't be surprised if you have to endure airport-style patdowns to enter and perhaps having to ask permission to leave. And don't expect your guns to still be there when you get back.

"State of Emergency?" That sounds like a euphemism for "martial law." This whole thing is a drill for when they get serious about their forced evacuations of entire regions. Everytime there is a brush fire somewhere, or a heavy snowfall, or a small flood, they declare one of their 'mandatory evacuations.' I am seeing more and more of them. Oh yeah, this is all part of the agenda.

very insightful. i mean, its almost 10 yrs since they pulled 9/11 and most every American has bought it. those witnesses who lived to tell the truth, were killed of covertly. so your euphemism is very sound. and likely.

the agenda? first u get away with murder, then massacre, then genocide, then extermination, then virtual extinction.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Be interesting to see if New York liberals will survive their test when the storm hits and the police cant protect them....maybe they can all hold hands and sing campfire songs while the thugs loot them blind...and them with no guns to protect themselves

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
september 11

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by pkpuck
september 11

Really??? I thought it was meant to hit over this weekend 27th & 28th August... [end sarcasm]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join