It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: New York & 6 Other States Declare State Of Emergency

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
from the cnn link

CNN

A mandatory evacuation order was in effect for residents and visitors in Hyde County, North Carolina, which includes Ocracoke Island, reachable only by boat or private plane, on the Outer Banks.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

edit on 25-8-2011 by steph the conspirator because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocks123
Hello from Brooklyn, NY... Manhattan Beach Area... We Are doomed... live right on water... my husband is ignorant to everything so I am making the preparations myself... for some reason I am not panicking nor do I think it will be as bad as anticipated, but better be safe than sorry... I think everything is be ok.... we survived the earthquake and we will survive the hurricane

that sounds scary!! Im in Suffolk county not really by any water but i have family in Montauk right on the beach who aren't leaving they dont think its anything. Did hear the town of Riverhead might evacuate though

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Originally posted by steph the conspirator
I live on eastern Long Island. Don't know anything about evacuations over here..only heard that mayor Bloomberg is still thinking about evacuating NYC. Now I'm nervous to stay but where would i really go?

Evacuating NYC?

Yeah right. How's THAT going to happen, and where are all those people going to go?

I think this just media hoopla.

Lookout folks. False Flag alert. What a great distraction a hurricane makes. Be on the lookout. Opportunists waste no good storm.

Yes, they can evacuate NYC. You're right in assuming it would be a logistical nightmare, but it can be done. But, since most people realize how much of a cluster-f it'd be they are going to hunker down and ride it out.
I'm sure that the media is playing it up, but if they downplayed it and it was a really bad storm they'd look like fools. We are quick to blame meteorologists and the news for dropping the ball... i'd rather they play it up and be WRONG than downplay it and we get whacked.
This is not, as you imply, a "false flag" by deinition. for one thing it's an "act of god". The Army didn't fire the hurricane gun and blame it on terrorists (And don't tell me we have a goddamn hurricane gun.). Calling a hurricane a "false flag" is wrong in every conceivable way. I suggest looking up the definition of "false flag".
This is an example of what I dislike about ATS and the community.
I'm all for questioning things, studying things, exposing truth, etc. But it's another beast altogether when people start seeing conspiracies everywhere.
Freud said "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" Well, I say "Sometimes a natural disaster is just a natural disaster."
A hurricane does make for a good "distraction" but there's no nefarious plot here.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Lookout folks. False Flag alert. What a great distraction a hurricane makes. Be on the lookout. Opportunists waste no good storm.

My thought exactly, I have never seen new york prepped this early for a natural disaster. The media does this every year, hyping up hurricanes. But a State of Emergency? I live in NY (and have my whole life) so I am a primary source. The hype is big this year. Stir that fear-pot.

Reasons why a false flag could be imminent:

1. Heavy amour brigade in Fort Hood has been given orders to be deployed in Libya by Late October/November.

2. Turkey's prime minister has given Assad until the 27th to stop his attacks on citizens before "There will be nothing more to say about what will happen" (PM Erdoğan)

3. The FED is holding its meeting tommorrow, and may hint at (or implement) a new bond-buying program. Insiders say it may have already started behind the scenes. This could be the straw that breaks the financial camels back and cause worldwide economic stability

4. September 11th Tenth anniversary is coming around, something to galvanize the sheeple with.

To those who believe in occult symbolism, 11/11/11 is coming around again. 100 years before that date Woodrow Wilson (creator of the Federal Reserve) signed the Versaille treaty ending WWI and the Globalist first step to an NWO by taking out the Czars in Russia. It was signed at 11:11 in the morning as well.

Knowledge is power

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocks123

You are absolutely doing the smart thing...Be Safe

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MuchTooSerious

Originally posted by buni11687
After the earthquake the other day, what are the odds that some of the infastructure in the area has been somewhat damaged? From what I saw on the tv, the damage looked very minimal, but, will that factor in to what this hurricane may do?

ETA - I just remembered the washington monument was closed

www.cnn.com...

Washington (CNN) -- The Washington Monument was closed indefinitely as engineers study damage and ways to repair cracks at the top of the capital's iconic structure caused by the 5.8-magnitude earthquake that rattled the East Coast this week.

What will the hurricane do to the momument?
edit on 25-8-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

ETA 2 - CNN is now saying the pressure is going down.
edit on 25-8-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

maybe that giant phallus will finally topple. a much more appropo monument to America today: A flacid phallus.
They shut the monument down to visitors, right? Thats pretty crazy. i hope they have cameras on it and we get to see it crack and topple over like a losing game of jenga.

I'd love to see that thing topple!!! It's obscene. If they could catch it in slow motion...and show it as many times as they've shown the trade center going down.
yep.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Flying Sorcerer

God bless you for posting this information. Right now my sister and brother-in-law are in Conshohocken, PA, and I'm praying that they and everyone else are spared from this hurricane. After I saw your post I called her right away and she didn't even know that Irene is supposed to reach that far. I am going to be keeping an eye on this thread for updates.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Very useful CNN state by state information

CNN state by state info

(added this to original post too)

edit on 25/8/11 by Flying Sorcerer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeramie
reply to post by Flying Sorcerer

God bless you for posting this information. Right now my sister and brother-in-law are in Conshohocken, PA, and I'm praying that they and everyone else are spared from this hurricane. After I saw your post I called her right away and she didn't even know that Irene is supposed to reach that far. I am going to be keeping an eye on this thread for updates.

hey, no bother at all - I just happened to be watching the news when it broke and there was no way I was not going to post it on here to inform those in the areas

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
edit: wrong thread

edit on 25/8/11 by Flying Sorcerer because: I'm a spanner

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flying Sorcerer
from the state by state link New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has said

If the hurricane continues on its current track, then "from a flooding perspective, this could be a hundred-year event"

What does he mean by that? Does he mean that it will be the worst for 100 years or that the area won't be the same for 100 years??? Surely not the latter??

edit on 25/8/11 by Flying Sorcerer because: because because because

He probably means the former.

Which is still odd, because I'll swear they've been through worse than this over the past five years alone.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
In Hawaii, when hurricanes come ashore, all the hotels etc. put everyone no lower than the 3rd floor.
If you are near the water, try to get above the 3rd floor of the bldg.
Bring the cocktails and have a hurricane party! That's what we did in the islands.

PS Stay away from any windows that could shatter in high winds

take care

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRedfield

Originally posted by Flying Sorcerer
from the state by state link New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has said

If the hurricane continues on its current track, then "from a flooding perspective, this could be a hundred-year event"

What does he mean by that? Does he mean that it will be the worst for 100 years or that the area won't be the same for 100 years??? Surely not the latter??

edit on 25/8/11 by Flying Sorcerer because: because because because

He probably means the former.

Which is still odd, because I'll swear they've been through worse than this over the past five years alone.

Yeah sorry mate that post was meant for the other thread
ATS Thread

edit on 25/8/11 by Flying Sorcerer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Reply to post by ForeverDusk

No time for joking here.

VT hasn't declared a SOE yet but there's talk of the eye of Irene being right near Brattleboro,VT. VT Yankee is the next town over.

Put 2 and 2 together.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Stuff is getting real...week by week, day by day...

2012?? We gotta make it through 2011.......

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
Reply to post by ForeverDusk

No time for joking here.

VT hasn't declared a SOE yet but there's talk of the eye of Irene being right near Brattleboro,VT. VT Yankee is the next town over.

Put 2 and 2 together.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

That's nonsensical. A hurricane over Vermont? That's like a hurricane over Alaska. Simply doesn't happen, nor will it ever.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I grew up in Middle Island, Long Island, and remember Hurricane Gloria back in '85. It was heavily hyped before it hit, but luckily it didn't cause as much damage as expected. My family went without electricity for a week, but school was closed for a week too so I didn't mind-lol.

Although I no longer live in the US, the warnings for this storm have me worried about my friends, family, and everybody on the East Coast. I'm glad people are taking it seriously. Hopefully it won't cause much damage.
edit on 25-8-2011 by ShadesofGrey78 because: typo

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
IMHO If you live in or around New York City, I strongly suggest you pack your bags and leave right now. After this storm is over- new York city will not exist anymore it will be in ruins. I am unsure if what I am seeing is storm damage alone or something concurrent, like an earthquake, with it. Again evacuate, immediately. let the insurance company deal with it, it's not worth your life! I don't mean to scare monger, but you have been warned.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Wow, its been New York this and New York that on the News. Anytime someone sneezes in New York, the media reports it, they are no more important than any other city/state.
Dont you realize that North Carolina is going to bear the brunt of this storm? If and when it does get to NY it will be significantly weaker.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join