It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: New York & 6 Other States Declare State Of Emergency

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
New York, Virginia, New Jersey, Maryland, North Carolina, Connecticut and Delawre all declare a state of emergency in preperation of hurricane Irene

CNN Link

edited: useful state by state information CNN state by state

LINK

Sky News Article

Stay safe people! prepare for the worst and hope you are over prepared

edit on 25/8/11 by Flying Sorcerer because: updated more states and changed title to reflect it

edit on 25/8/11 by Flying Sorcerer because: added Delaware

edit on 25/8/11 by Flying Sorcerer because: added cnn link

edit on 25/8/11 by Flying Sorcerer because: added Connecticut to make a total of 7 states

edit on 25/8/11 by Flying Sorcerer because: added state by state info link

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Yikes. It looks like it's going to be a big one.
I remember A few hurricanes that have hit wher eI live (near Boston, Ma) and they were not fun. Not looking forward to this and I hope we get through it with as little damage as possible. If NY is declaring a SoE i wonder if Mass will be far behind.
Batton down the hatches!!!

I'm going to go put the lawn furniture away.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Thought I would add a link to this thread. There's an embedded video from History Channels Mega Disasters (hurricane in NY).

I think if I lived in the area, with all those people, I would be heading out of town right about now, instead of waiting for the off-chance there is a mandatory evac. (wouldn't want to get stuck in that traffic for the life of me)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Hurricane Irene - New Jersey State of Emergency - Significant Event Possible(3 Nuclear Plants)

www.youtube.com...

its an official govt. message.
please watch if from n.y area.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
This is getting to be too much. What's really going on?

2nd line.

Oh snap, I get it now!!! The nuclear reactors in that area. The earthquake earlier this week has the gov't up in arms. The threat isn't the storm. It's the reactors and weak infrastructure!
edit on 25-8-2011 by cry93 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Hi, this is Janet Napolitano, Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security. The administration has alerted me that the al-Qaeda have been spotted riding atop Irene and it is therefore imperative that we evacuate the entire East Coast citizenry and "temporarily" place them into concentra----err, *insert unnecessary jargon here to make it sound fancy*.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Hope everybody is safe and nothing big comes out of this, I'm so stressed. My sixth sense is gone. Good luck to anyone up there.
edit on 25-8-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ForeverDusk
Hi, this is Janet Napolitano, Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security. The administration has alerted me that the al-Qaeda have been spotted riding atop Irene and it is therefore imperative that we evacuate the entire East Coast citizenry and "temporarily" place them into concentra----err, *insert unnecessary jargon here to make it sound fancy*.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Hurricane Irene From Space - NASA (Huge Storm)

its a big huricane,,they are doing there job,
trying too look after people,
when it hits.

or is it not big enough???
edit on 26-8-2011 by Asktheanimals because: personal comment removed

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
The Media are really hitting this storm with full blown steam which really does make one wonder... is there something more to this and it's evident to me that there most certainly is! Is this the start of the 'come to us, we can protect you... in return we wan't your 100% obedience and your opinions erased from your minds...FOREVER!'

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
its a big huricane

I realize, and I hope everyone in its path is safe.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Sky News article now up on the website

link

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
After the earthquake the other day, what are the odds that some of the infastructure in the area has been somewhat damaged? From what I saw on the tv, the damage looked very minimal, but, will that factor in to what this hurricane may do?

ETA - I just remembered the washington monument was closed

www.cnn.com...

Washington (CNN) -- The Washington Monument was closed indefinitely as engineers study damage and ways to repair cracks at the top of the capital's iconic structure caused by the 5.8-magnitude earthquake that rattled the East Coast this week.

What will the hurricane do to the momument?
edit on 25-8-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

ETA 2 - CNN is now saying the pressure is going down.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Janet, don't you mean "returning U.S. Army soldiers?? They are the "Real" terrorists.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
The End Times Draw Near!

Weather patterns have become more violent, Increased Stronger Hurricanes, Huge and Many Tornadoes, Huge Earthquakes 6.0 or Higher

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Hurricane Irene From Space - NASA (Huge Storm)

no you stupid ass,,
its a big huricane,,they are doing there job,
trying too look after people,
when it hits.

or is it not big enough???

Bob... I think you missed the humor here.
Is it just me or did everyone picture this being said by Napoleon dynamite?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
would be esp crazy if we have aftershocks while irene moves into mid-atlantic & new england!

any ATSer new yorkers evacuating yet?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I am in Hampton Va at 37.06N 76.37W. We are in the cross hairs for this storm. The National Guard has already been deployed to federal warehouse depots in the area. State of Emergency is declared in North Carolina and Virginia. Accomac county on the Eastern Shore is under voluntary evacuation at this time. Low lying areas of Norfolk are being urged to evacuate. Flood gates are being tested. Our highways have gates to reverse origin of traffic on major interstates if necessary. I hate that they keep talking about Storm of Historic Proportions. I do not want to experience that.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonigKaos
The End Times Draw Near!

Weather patterns have become more violent, Increased Stronger Hurricanes, Huge and Many Tornadoes, Huge Earthquakes 6.0 or Higher

I keep hearing people say stuff like this but really, the Earth is billions of years old. A couple of years mean nothing.
Isn't it funny that, when we get "extreme weather" that all of the records for high temps, snow/rainfall, hurricanes et al are always really old? Like "this is the worst storm since 1938" or "Coming close to the record set in 1917".
We are a self-centered creature. We always place somee significance on the happenings of our day. We've had bad storms before, and we've had not so bad. We've had bad winters and mild winters, hot summers and mild summers.
There are so many variables involved in climate that to ascribe any one "reason" for changes (and they are, in context, minute) is foolish. Last summer we had 40 days of 90+ temps and everyone was saying "SEE!? Global Warming!" and yet this year? not that bad at all. We need to stop being so self-centered aboujt our vieew of this planet and understand that there are no constants. it is continually changing.
Now, as for "the end times"... There are no "end times". People have been saying this since the dawn of man... again, it's our self-centered point of view of our world. We all think we are the pinnacle of creation.
don't worry, the "end times" are not drawing near. Live your life, try to do good things, strive to be the best person you can be. that's all you have to do.
Don't sweat imaginary things.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Updated original post as 4 other states declare state of emergency

"New York, Virginia, New Jersey, Maryland, North Carolina all declare a state of emergency in preperation of hurricane Irene

LINK "

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687
After the earthquake the other day, what are the odds that some of the infastructure in the area has been somewhat damaged? From what I saw on the tv, the damage looked very minimal, but, will that factor in to what this hurricane may do?

ETA - I just remembered the washington monument was closed

www.cnn.com...

Washington (CNN) -- The Washington Monument was closed indefinitely as engineers study damage and ways to repair cracks at the top of the capital's iconic structure caused by the 5.8-magnitude earthquake that rattled the East Coast this week.

What will the hurricane do to the momument?

ETA 2 - CNN is now saying the pressure is going down.

maybe that giant phallus will finally topple. a much more appropo monument to America today: A flacid phallus.
They shut the monument down to visitors, right? Thats pretty crazy. i hope they have cameras on it and we get to see it crack and topple over like a losing game of jenga.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join