It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child Support Non Payment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
There is a situation I would like to throw out there and see how you all think it would play out.

The mother has a court order to pay child support. What happens if this unmarried woman gets pregnant and quits her job. I understand that at a certain point the woman would not be able to work regardless due to giving birth. But once the payments stop coming in, how would the court handle this situation.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
If I were this woman, I would work extra hours while early in my pregnancy, and pay double the child support before I had to take maternity leave. That way, my child would not have to do without while I was not working. Unfortunately, some parents just allow their child support payments to lapse, and become so large, it's next to impossible to catch up.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Court orders for women to pay child support is a joke. My daughter is 8 and I have had sole custody for 8 years. Her mother was court ordered to pay child support at 6 months. She has never visited her, paid one single penny or even called to say happy birthday. The woman makes ALOT more money than I do, but, the courts never persue this court order. If it was the other way around I KNOW I would be in jail because I am a man and would be labeled a "deadbeat" and prosecuted. A court order for a woman to pay child support is nothing more than a piece of paper.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

How sad for you and your daughter. When my ex was ordered to pay child support for our daughter, it was a measly $25 a month as he was not working. After he got remarried, I went back to court to have it raised. It went all the way up to a whopping $100 a month. His wife used to mail it to me addressed to "Dragon Lady". When my daughter was visiting her father once, his new wife told her "because of your mom, we can't buy that boat we wanted!"

I remember hearing once that you have to have a license to fish, own a dog, drive a car, fly a plane, etc., but anyone can become a parent, and not everyone is very good at the job. Seems backwards, doesn't it? We should have to take a pill in order to become pregnant, instead of the other way!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Unfortunately you hit the nail on the head my friend....... Star for you....

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I couldn't agree more. I have been unemployed for a while now for years to be exact based on my supposed" great education" i was given while growing up. I am 30 now. I am order to make payments but how can one make payments when they simply cannot find work because the bar for "excellence" and "legendary service" in jobs has been raised to an unrealistic height? I bust my ass every year and have busted it at EVERY job i have ever worked at. However with a court date a week away from me based on the fact I am male i also KNOW i WILL BE incarcerated because the justice system is horrible. like you said and are experiencing if i were female i believe NOTHING would happen. it's unjust. They just don't care. Then even if you try to find work say painting fences or cleaning yards now you are "breaking the law" again. yet they tell you they don't care how you make the payments just make them. Umm...what!? So sorry my friend for your experience and to the original post.....based on the subject being female im afraid nothing will come of it.Wow I hate to say this but is it good to know I am not the only one dealing with this subject. This country is falling apart....and i don't think it really matters who is running it anymore. They only are out for themselves, despite any of their empty promises or which side of the fence they are supposedly on. Sorry for ranting. but its all the truth.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

If she has a good reason, the court will defer payments until she can return to work.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdb51
I remember hearing once that you have to have a license to fish, own a dog, drive a car, fly a plane, etc., but anyone can become a parent, and not everyone is very good at the job. Seems backwards, doesn't it? We should have to take a pill in order to become pregnant, instead of the other way!

Parenthood - great movie - Keanu Reeves

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

Yep! That was it! Great movie, and when I watched it (a much younger me) it clicked! I have never forgotten that quote. Thanks for the reminder...

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
In the past, she has lost her license and even arrested at one point for not making payments. Bottom line, she does not want to work, she wants someone to take care of her, a gold digger looking for a sugar daddy. But at this point and around 5-6 months pregnant, she has already either quit/fired her job. If she holds the same job for 2 years, that is a major accomplishment.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdb51
If I were this woman, I would work extra hours while early in my pregnancy, and pay double the child support before I had to take maternity leave. That way, my child would not have to do without while I was not working. Unfortunately, some parents just allow their child support payments to lapse, and become so large, it's next to impossible to catch up.

I'm the oldest child and yeah, I can agree because my father never paid a penny towards any of us. He was never pursued even though my mother tried to get money from him through the courts and Child Support Agency years ago and then just gave up trying because it was obvious nothing would ever happen.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

That situation is seen all of the time. Sadly this world is now ran by women. Men are and have always been taken advantage of.

Personally, if I had a child and was told to give money to a deadbeat mother I would simply become homeless. I would not put up with it whatsoever. I also know that if a rich deadbeat got pregnant and I got stuck with the kid, then I would get no help through child support.

I am so sick of women's rights and minority rights. White males are the most oppressed fraction in this country/if not the world, but is okay because 1/20 million of them are rich. White males work for what they get because they have to, but minorities (women included) nowadays expect and are given success because of their color and/or private parts? Ridiculous!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by adraves

I forgot to mention that my kids mother has 2 children from a previous marriage and get her child support checks for them religiously every month.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300
reply to post by adraves

I forgot to mention that my kids mother has 2 children from a previous marriage and get her child support checks for them religiously every month.

That doesn't change my post-only enhances it. I dated a girl that had 3 children from 3 different fathers and she was granted full custody for all of them, and got 3 separate child support checks (on top of Native American checks). She is set for the next 18-23 years! She also wanted me to go bareback....I always was careful, and eventual saw her for what she is. 3 months after we separated she was pregnant again. God it is easy to be a women. Pop em out and get paid for years.

I also know a couple that lives together in WI, with kids, but never married. The guy is forced to pay child support to the mother, even though they live together, because of the way laws are written today.
edit on 25-8-2011 by adraves because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join