It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

T.V. signals on computer?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Ok here goes.

Is there any way that one can receive mixed up T.V. signals on a computer?

I just did, and it totally creeped me out as I was just reading a couple threads related to the strange sounds seeming to come from the sky that so many have been hearing. I had only 2 tabs opened and nothing else on my comp at the time. I started hearing the stuff as I was reading about someone saying their kid said they were afraid of the moon. Will find that in a minute, just want to get that question out there first. Here's the post. www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=12147520#pid12147520
edit on 25-8-2011 by Ellie Sagan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

I don't understand what mean by the knocking one out on another website, but I didn't see Jumpin Jack Flash.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

No one wants to hear about your masturbation habits, or what you 'experience' while doing so.

reply to post by Ellie Sagan

Sounds to be like you may have had a tabbed browser probably with a tab open on a site that played an annoying audio ad, you know, like ATS does. Sound like a possibility?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers
i heard the devil grunt whilst i was knocking one out on a random site the other day.

it freaked me out, but not enough to stop

p.s. have you seen 'Jumpin Jack Flash'?
edit on 25-8-2011 by Beavers because: whoopie goldberg

Originally posted by Beavers
imagine my surprise, discovering your post wasn't about anal sex after reading the title!

feel free to hit me with an OT stick, couldn't resist...

Wow man.. You are pretty messed up, Second post in a row.. Talk about a one track mind.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
sorry, shock humour.

i'd say it was a British thing but Stern knows where I'm coming from

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

I wouldn't call it a shock as much as an embarrassment.

eta

Ellie I apologize that your thread was derailed. I honestly think you had an ad playing in the background though, so I hope that helps.

edit on 25-8-2011 by Lighterside because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Lol right? Beavers likes beavers, and lighterside doesnt have one (a lighterside I mean, not a beaver!!)!

OP, are you sure that there was not a pop-Under window somewhere? I've had that happen where I've opened a non-malicious website, but it has had a popunder advert (sometimes they get thru, even ATS has had them until they were notified) and it will have embedded audio/video... you can look at your tabs till you're blue in the face and it wont appear obvious as it's a new window.

Infuriates me when a webpage has embedded audio, thaty you cant find... if thats what it is, that is...

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha
Lol right? Beavers likes beavers, and lighterside doesnt have one (a lighterside I mean, not a beaver!!)!

Time and place friend. Judging from the OP's avatar and response of not knowing what he was talking about. I imagine the OP is probably a young woman, and thus, probably not appropriate.

As for the pop-up/pop-under I've been finding more and more that the audio ads I get are usually some embedded flash advert towards the bottom of a page that scrolls down 3-4 pages worth of content before I see it. This will happen when I have at least 6 tabs open, and of course no less.

Stupid internet.

edit on 25-8-2011 by Lighterside because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Why would state it is a T.V. signal?
Did you also see something on the screen, or just hear a noise?
Also, did you get a phone call, or text seconds after you heard the sound?

I know that cell phones can interfere with sound amplifiers so that is one possible explanation.
It's common too.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Lighterside

I checked for that, no ads running. I had only two tabs and they were both on ATS, but there were no ads like that.

I know, off topic, but I didn't know that meant masturbating. LOL.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

Well what about the Jumpin Jack Flash thing? Why did you ask if I saw that?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

no pop ups or unders and nothing on my computer. I minimized the window and everything.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jaden_x

I heard what sounded like different television shows and commercials. I can show y'all, I should have done it first but I didn't have time at the moment. I will try to figure it out now. I got it on my camera.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

because i know computers.

specifically networks.

i know, give the information provided, that what you've explained is physically impossible, therefore can't be a TV signal.

a film called 'jumping jack flash' made the same mistake once!

edit: yer man above is probably right, it was probably from a pop up.... eh lads?
edit on 25-8-2011 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

Ok then, thanks for the use of your expertise. If that is so, then why would I be hearing it? If you don't want to answer until you see the vid, then feel free to wait til I post it. I am trying to figure out how to upload media here and then the trick will be to see if I can get it to thread! I'm such a tech fail, hehe.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
lol, no worries

like others have said, it was probably a pop up in the back ground, that you missed, or even an advert on ATS that had sound and just played and ended, never to be heard again.

happens all the time, don't sweat

one thing it definitely isn't tho.... a tv signal x

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Here is the link for the youtube vid. I could not for the life of me figure out how to upload it to ATS. I didn't want to do it with youtube, but there it is, long and boring, but shows what happened. I can't believe how long it freakin takes to upload a 2 minute vid to youtube! I've never done it before. I have 2 more vids of it, but this seemed to show it well enough.

For the record, I haven't had it happen again since that night.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I guess I can't show what was going on. I just realized that it showed my location in the video. I don't want that visible to the public.

I'm really starting to think it was a strange thing. There was one phrase repeated a lot and it sounded like a movie or game tagline. It said, "The war is over, but now it's time to take it all back." Does anyone know where this is from? It felt like I was (am) trying to decipher what Bumble Bee was saying. He used things from radio, movies, and t.v. to get his messages across. I sound stinkin' crazy now. Also, at the beginning of one of the vids I recorded of the incident, there are sounds that are like the sounds of something screeching or screaming sort of. I didn't notice that until I was later looking at the video.

I forgot to add that a lot of what was being heard was from what sounded like a show reviewing movies. There was an emphasis on fighting and violence, but also this one bit about the Matrix.
edit on 2-9-2011 by Ellie Sagan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join