It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An interesting comparison between Obama and Paul.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/faaf0ea8719c.jpg[/atsimg]

note: On these large images, right click and select "View Image" to see the whole thing.

My Wife just emailed this too me. I got a chuckle out of it at first and then decided it actually does have a real message. Thought I'd post it here with the question: do people really change and can we judge what lies hidden underneath by what people were like in their youth.

I say no. I've changed dramatically since my youth and who I was then has nothing to do with who I am now. That makes me see this picture as dishonest and another example of how bad the political process has become. Instead of debating the issues and working towards a better future, we are overwhelmed with stuff like this from both Parties. The phony Race Card is an example of the Lefts madness and this is an example of the Rights madness. So I post this in Political Madness because it is.

I think this idea of devolving into a bunch of children calling each other names is a bad sign. What say you all?
edit on 8/25/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I say it is all a farce. There is no Left, nor Right. There are simply a bunch of people who golf together, were in the same fraternities in college, and just generally do what they want and giggle while we peasants argue over topics like boys kissing, or abortion...

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Hi Blaine, been awhile.

I absolutely agree. While the picture might be OK for a chuckle, that's about it. What about the times little Obama helped those old folks across the street with their groceries, or young Paul was smoking crack and beating hookers (OK, I don't know if any of that ever happened, but you get the point).

I get sad reading through comments on various web articles, seeing Paul supporters and non-Paul supporters going back and forth, getting childish and hurtful. There are CONSTRUCTIVE ways to approach any issue, even if both sides may never agree, and misrepresentation, name-calling, back biting and the rest is merely divisive and drives us further apart and polarized, instead of allowing us to recognize areas of common ground and rationally discuss the other bits to come to acceptable resolutions, or at least amicable partings.

Sad stuff. Take care, friend.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

Hey owlbear...god, I certainly hope you're wrong on that, but you're definitely nailing it on that last bit, sadly.

I've been trying like the dickens but have had no good luck finding it...some months back, I stumbled across an OLD article or some such only (wanting to say was from the 20s?) pretty much directly lining out a conspiracy between the republicans and the democrats to play both their sides against the middle (that being us), to claim different goals and focuses while altogether working toward the same ends.

Please, for the sake of my dignity if nothing else, don't bother asking why I didn't think to do SOMETHING useful to save this for posterity. If anyone's got any clue what I'm talking about and can direct me to it, I'd be most appreciative.

Be well.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I'm convinced there are some good people running and in office on all sides. I'm truly worried about how divided we are becoming. People are now carrying their political rivalries into their lives outside politics and elections. That is a bad path to follow.

I'm hungry for a leader and a uniter and I think the whole country is. I'm growing weary of the divisiveness from all sides.

When will people wake up to how they are being manipulated? Soon I hope. "United We Stand, Divided We Fall" is not just a catchy slogan, it is a statement of fact.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by the owlbear
I say it is all a farce. There is no Left, nor Right. There are simply a bunch of people who golf together, were in the same fraternities in college, and just generally do what they want and giggle while we peasants argue over topics like boys kissing, or abortion...

I and others have been saying exactly that here. This "Political Madness" is like a drug and I even get drawn into it sometimes to my shame.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

I think we fight fire with fire. They operate on the notion if you repeat a lie often enough it become the truth. Our only defense is to repeat the truth often enough that is counters that. People need to think about what they are doing. I've seen otherwise good people turn into raving idiots when it comes to Politics. Proof the tactic is very powerful. It took me years to wake myself up in fact.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I really can't see where these pictures mean anything.

Assuming Paul and Obama were at the same relative age when the pictures were taken, it means a difference of 26 years.

Ron Paul was drafted into military service in 1963. Since he had a medical degree, he chose to join the Air Force as a commissioned officer. The Vietnam war was escalating and nearly every young man at the time was in the military.

If the photo of Barrack Obama was taken when he was the same age Paul was in 1963, the year would have been 1989. The war had been over for nearly a decade and a half. There was no draft. A lot of young men chose to not join the military.

The only thing I see in these pictures is that the country had changed over 26 years.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Bah
One image made by one person

meh

top topics

join