It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Mandatory Evacuation In New Jersey

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
good idea to buy gold now, everything else is going to crap. But if You live in NJ, just run.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enlightenme1111
Irene is predicted to be a weak category 1 hurricane by the time it gets there. Why is this necessary?

Exactly what i was thinking.

75mph winds isn't exactly the worst news.

The word 'Mandatory' is more frightening than the storm in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
In the upcoming days, we're going to see the difference between the people in New Orleans and those in New Jersey/New York. Will we see mass looting and riots all over the streets, or will it be like Japan after the earthquake with everybody trying to help each other?
edit on 8/25/2011 by SonicInfinity because: Spelling fix

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krystian
wow...last evacuation in 1985...

This in itself is huge news, now combine this with all the other ridiculous news coming out each day and the prophecy of the Mayan days of destruction start to make sense...

We had a bit of rain here where i live today...the Mayan prophesy was right on...it's a sign i tell ya!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by steph the conspirator
I don't know about NJ but here on Long Island some towns are having voluntary evacuations and the news said by tomorrow it could possibly turn into mandatory evacuations and there are some high schools and colleges being set up as shelters. The mayor on TV recently just said that if people refuse to coorperate the worst case is they could die. kinda scary
I see some people making this a huge deal and others saying its going to be nothing. so i dont know what to feel !

The best thing to do is watch and listen to their warnings.
It may be nothing,it may be bad.
Better to be safe then sorry.
If they order and evacuation,go!
you don't want to be stuck on the interstate for 12 hours during a hurricane.
I'm not trying to fear-monger anyone,just that I have been through several of these and it is not at all pleasant in anyway.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Really, with the warnings coming 2 -4 days in advance of the hurricane we should see people leaving in a calm orderly fashion, moving inland away from the storm. Enough warning time to get out, no reason fro any one to need helping after the storm they should all be gone, all of them not just half of them, all of them.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
This thing is a huge storm. I just went on the National Weather Service site and pulled it up on a satellite view. If it was in the Gulf of Mexico it would take up the whole Gulf. I know nothing about hurricanes but maybe but because it is in the Atlantic it is so large.If I was anywhere affected by this thing I would be getting the hell out now.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tasty Canadian
reply to post by Flying Sorcerer

From your update:

"Those who choose to ignore the mandatory evacuation order have been asked to place an ID card in their left shoe so they may be identified if necessary.

I think they're serious!

edit on 25-8-2011 by Tasty Canadian because: (no reason given)

Serious about frightening people certainly...perhaps it will be as bad as they make out, it wouldn't hurt to prepare for the worst just in case there isn't an ulterior motive.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by habfan1968

We will see. It will be interesting to see how New Jersey acts in a national emergency when compared to other places in the US and around the world.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by cry93

thanks, ........ it's really hard to decipher the amount of information. I signed up for text alerts months ago and my cell has been going bonkers with alerts and warnings and closings. things seem to change hourly. the latest is a "very strong category 3". currently, this thing called Irene reaches out 300 miles from either side of its eye. that is massive. one thing I don't understand .......... noone is asking us to check on our neighbors etc.. we're new to this area and I know some of the locals but not all. what about the elderly and what about the people with no transportation? you would think someone would ask those of us who have room in our vehichles to do our part. hopefully, someone is paying attention to all this. I don't see much coordination.... just alot of speculation at the moment.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
SNOOKI WANT SMOOSH SMOOSH!!!

2nd

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LooksLikeWeMadeIt
reply to post by cry93

thanks, ........ it's really hard to decipher the amount of information. I signed up for text alerts months ago and my cell has been going bonkers with alerts and warnings and closings. things seem to change hourly. the latest is a "very strong category 3". currently, this thing called Irene reaches out 300 miles from either side of its eye. that is massive. one thing I don't understand .......... noone is asking us to check on our neighbors etc.. we're new to this area and I know some of the locals but not all. what about the elderly and what about the people with no transportation? you would think someone would ask those of us who have room in our vehichles to do our part. hopefully, someone is paying attention to all this. I don't see much coordination.... just alot of speculation at the moment.

Looking out for number one seems to be the order of things these days mate.

Good for you for thinking about others.

Anyways, if it turns out to be a bad one, good luck to you and you all reading in the area, if it's just a fart in a teacup consider it a test run for something else.

edit on 25/8/2011 by spikey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LooksLikeWeMadeIt

Go to the National Weather Service website and look at this thing on satellite and I think you will be leaving if your near the shore. Remember Katrina it was not the hurricane that caused all the damage it was the flooding well acually levies broke. But they are saying this but could be the worst flooding in 100 years with this thing.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Its a category 1.....no need for fearmongering

Stay safe njers

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
It looks to Me like Irene will go to the West of predictions. I am no expert, but remember Katrina, it was suppost to hit the Florida panhandle according to experts.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
First an earthquake on the eastcoast, now this? Im genuinely worried for everyone in the way.

***Mayor Bloomberg of NYC is live on the weather channel live right now and is requesting people to go find safety and get out of town. they are mulling over a MANDATORY evaq for NYC and will have a decision by tomorrow morning at 8 AM.
edit on 8/25/11 by ziggyproductions05 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Something doesn't make sense to me about this.

Looking on the NOAA sat images of this thing, it is brushing Florida right now, looking up the current weather for Florida says it's got 20mph winds?

How is that possible, if the edge of the storm is hitting it?

I would have expected a lot more weather in the Florida region.

Not only that, but Florida forecast for the next couple of days is normal weather, yet the NOAA say Irene will be moving N/NW..right over Florida?!
edit on 25/8/2011 by spikey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIGPoJo
SNOOKI WANT SMOOSH SMOOSH!!!

2nd

but i thought it was ,, snu,,,snu,,,

oh dear,,

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

All you americans that said to buy gold, for that SHTF scenario?

Consider this a DRY RUN..

Now. don't forget to grab your gold bullion bags!!!!

Jingle jingle

hahaha

You are a naughty girl / boy aren't you !!

I some how don't think this will be 'dry'..i think alot of people are going to get drenched !!

PDUK

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
lets go to a fema camp...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join