It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Mandatory Evacuation In New Jersey

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Here is an ABC news 6 video of NJ mandatory evacuation order (at 0:48 time mark):

abclocal.go.com...
edit on 25-8-2011 by kneverr because: link

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan
if mtv don't cancel jersey shore, god will.

wait thats not good we dont need an invasion of, I cant even say it, the zombies they're coming

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
My heart goes out to all you affected by this and i pray for your safety. Try and stay calm, i know most of you affected from the ATS community will be better prepared than most so try and help those less fortunate than yourselves with your knowledge. Godspeed to you all.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enlightenme1111
Irene is predicted to be a weak category 1 hurricane by the time it gets there. Why is this necessary?

Because fear is all the rage now. Everybody wants to have something bad happen to them to give their pointless couch potato lives some excitement.

I'm 200 miles inland protected by a mountain range and still water, batteries and plywood are all flying off the shelves and half the town is "terrified" of what may come. Excited and hoping is more like it.

What really gets me is here we are three or four days out from even a rain drop of a storm that will be a whispy nothing by the time it gets here and the public is frantically preparing. Yet every Winter when we know with absolute certainty that a foot and a half of snow will fall onto a solid inch of ice nobody does anything at all to prepare and they die trying to heat their powerless homes with charcoal grills in the living room.

What sort of morons over react like clowns to mythical dangers yet wholly ignore real and proven ones? WTF people. WTF.
edit on 25-8-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Wow...stay safe everyone.

PLEASE.....remember what happened in the South. Most died there becuase they didn't take the storm or the warnings seriously enough.

yes...storm surge. It's a killer....please leave if told to. I would do it now if I were in an area at risk and it were possible. The later it gets, the harder it will be to leave because of traffic, weather, etc. Leave now.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Fair warning.
Let's see if these people listen unlike past warnings given to citizens...
*cough* Katrina.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
People in NJ already have plenty of reasons to leave. This may be a good reason to never come back.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
New article now on sky news (updated original post)

Sky Breaking News Article

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Enlightenme1111

that is not predictions they where giving earlier. cat 3 to 4 when it reaches new york. matter of fact one guy on weather channel said may be at strongest when it reaches new york area due to hovering just off coast and strengthening before it hits them. all speculation, but she is a comin.

be safe!

did china unleash a earthquake and a hurricane on D.C. WITH THEIR HAARP MACHINE? DID WW3 START BUT ON DOWN LOW WITH WEATHER WEAPONS. sorry about the caps.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by letscit

Please someone get someone to baton down the nuclear plants if there are any.
Good luck to everyone, stay safe.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enlightenme1111
Irene is predicted to be a weak category 1 hurricane by the time it gets there. Why is this necessary?

They are using the hurricane event to practice for a large scale evacuation. Cat 1 & 2's are nothing to be concerned with.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
All you americans that said to buy gold, for that SHTF scenario?

Consider this a DRY RUN..

Now. don't forget to grab your gold bullion bags!!!!

Jingle jingle

hahaha

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by letscit

that is not predictions they where giving earlier. cat 3 to 4 when it reaches new york. matter of fact one guy on weather channel said may be at strongest when it reaches new york area due to hovering just off coast and strengthening before it hits them. all speculation, but she is a comin.

be safe!

did china unleash a earthquake and a hurricane on D.C. WITH THEIR HAARP MACHINE? DID WW3 START BUT ON DOWN LOW WITH WEATHER WEAPONS. sorry about the caps.

If it is Cat 5 or 6 then you better start building your hurricane shelter because those are destroyers. Took out my city one year. Looked like a bomb went off.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I don't know how to take this storm.

I still lived in the deep south during Katrina. In the days leading up to landfall I just had a feeling that it wouldn't end well. I've never felt that way before concerning a hurricane and haven't since.

I would assume that it's rather significant if mandatory evacs are in order. I hope everyone stays safe!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

where did you hear this? this area is going into panic. CapeMay is directly across the bay from us. category 1 we can deal with. this is becoming a WTF situation. I just got a text from our county government saying this area (Delaware beach) has never experienced the velocity of winds being forecasted once the huricane reaches here. never ~~~ "????"

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Flying Sorcerer

From your update:

"Those who choose to ignore the mandatory evacuation order have been asked to place an ID card in their left shoe so they may be identified if necessary.

I think they're serious!

edit on 25-8-2011 by Tasty Canadian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LooksLikeWeMadeIt

Maybe they know something the rest of us don't know?

That's the only thing I can think concerning this storm. It does not look so threatening but I don't recall any other storm played up like this before. Not even Katrina, even in the last hours.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tasty Canadian
reply to post by Flying Sorcerer

From your update:

"Those who choose to ignore the mandatory evacuation order have been asked to place an ID card in their left shoe so they may be identified if necessary.

I think they're serious!

edit on 25-8-2011 by Tasty Canadian because: (no reason given)

YUP!! - pretty grim - but a good idea.

Either get out or tie your shoes tight....
edit on 25/8/11 by Flying Sorcerer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I don't know about NJ but here on Long Island some towns are having voluntary evacuations and the news said by tomorrow it could possibly turn into mandatory evacuations and there are some high schools and colleges being set up as shelters. The mayor on TV recently just said that if people refuse to coorperate the worst case is they could die. kinda scary
I see some people making this a huge deal and others saying its going to be nothing. so i dont know what to feel !

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Wait til they tell the people of New York to evacuate!
A cat 1 hurricane on the ground is a cat 2 hurricane much higher,like in a 25 story building.

Watch this vid and decide for yourself.

www.cbsnews.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join