It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do We Watch Social Reality Television Programs?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reality tv is only being pushed because its cheaper.

no need to pay actors and writers

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

I live in the US we got stupid people doing the reality shows I can not stand any of those shows an neither the trashy people in talk shows.

I have a life to live and am pretty darn busy as it is to watch somebody else crap on TV

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

they do get paid though... these pseudo-celebrities ... like the clowns on the Jersey Shore... etc etc... They get paid because they get viewers, write/have someone ghost write their life stories and people buy them and read them.

If no one put money into these programs by watching them and buying things from sponsored advertisers, they would not exist. There's a "need" the programs fill a need...

Now whether or not it's healthy or good for you... they don't care, they are just making money...

Just like other industries that don't care about the negative effects and just about the green and the checks....
(haha, I rhymed!!)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I do it because I lack a social life and I like seeing just how far american culture has fallen. My fav shows are the bachelor / bachelorette

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I could go on about the thesis of reality television it terms of how the terminology of the concept began with such things as game shows talk shows ect ect and that it's really no dumber then stupid sitcoms dramas that write a script on reality which we of course get pumped up about when really "into" a tv show through our vertical cortex, i could also come to some kind of deduction in the context of what the percentage of brain mater wasted per kilometer when factoring the law of averages of light speed spent on watching reality tv vs scripted shows.

But instead i wont i'll just say GO COACH i hope you win Survivor!!!!!!! lol.....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join