It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Busted!! fake news on libya- movie sets, fake videos and pics, death threats to journalists

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I was trying to find a larger sized image of the Al Jazeera picture, but couldn't. I was trying to compare, but there were some obvious flaws that were obvious.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Those images could be completely different places and not a film set. I am going try to find out what that symbol means. it is very possible that that symbol is placed above many arches in Libya.

You cant call this busted because it is more likely that those are just two diffent places. Look at the color of the bricks for one.
edit on 25-8-2011 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

maybe you need to re-read what you wrote.

and i'm glad to see you finally agree !

but accusing others of something you are guilty of is to obvious

and by saying you haven't been following the events gives us the answers we seek

FINALLY !

Wheeeew.......

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by GreatScot

People over there do that in victory. They aren't firing at anything. That's the point. They even reported this fact.

BBC had live footage from India and Libya. It's easy to confuse the two if its on live.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I have no problem with the mock up's there selve's.
Special Op's uses them to run drills on unknown territory.
We all know this from the Bin Laden Black ops.

But for the news useing this, I am very sickend by.
They should be giveing us the news, period.
I dont want sensationlized news. I want the truth.

LOTZA LUV
P.S. Do you care if I put a Link up on my FB pg??

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

That's one opinion, that is yours, too which you compare the so called invading of Tripoli. This footage I posted is not from Tripoli and is older. Have you ever been in a war zone? When you hear gun fire you don't hang out and chat. You do what the CNN reporters do, which is duck and take cover. So only the CNN reporters seem to be worried about their lives at that time. Once again, terrible acting from CNN, and this isnt the first time they've made stories up out of thin air

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
This could be viewed as somewhat good news.
Maybe not as much violence this way and there is an evidence trail leading up.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I don't see the relevance of what you wrote.

I didn't pay attention because I am not interested. Now I am interested because of the fostering of lies and speculation being gobbled up as truth without a second thought.

I say again. You say that they upper people are in control. You also say that the media requires viewers for income. I say that people don't find it important, and not even the rebels are taking this seriously.

So I ask again, Where is the connection between people not finding it important and the need to go to such bewildering lengths to lie over something not important?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
Here’s a photo showing the real Bab Al’ Azizia and the fake one. Real one below, film set above.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b0c6c62516c9.jpg[/atsimg]

Note the difference in the dimensions and the height of the arches; the dimensions of the decorative design above the middle arch; the palm tree in the real one and its absence in the fake.

Where's the originals and you do realize that these images in your picture are stretched to hell? You cant say anything about the dimensions untill you provide those. Also palm trees being what they are can be cut down very easily.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Have you ever been to a warzone? If you have, I suspect you were afraid. But did you ever take the time to look at the faces of the people who are used to war?

That's the point. They are used to bullets flying all over.

I think your post answers its own point.

Those people don't see their lives as important. They are of mob rule. The mob mentality is one that, if we all do it together, we will get what we all want for the future generation. It's like, when the soviets were taking Stalingrad, there was such lack of care for life, people just pretty much accepted death.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by GreatScot

People over there do that in victory. They aren't firing at anything. That's the point. They even reported this fact.

BBC had live footage from India and Libya. It's easy to confuse the two if its on live.

Agreed, I have seen it on the news. It happens after victory. About the live footage, there are thousands of wild feeds on the various satelites. I used to have a dish to access FTA. I could see all of the wild feeds and there could literally be hundreds broadcasting at the same time in India and Lybia if a big event was happening.

To the OP: If you want to know the truth I would suggest buying a FTA receiver so you can see all of the wildfeeds in Libya. Then you can see for yourself that it is not filmed in a studio.

Here is some info on how to get these wild feeds on your tv:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 25-8-2011 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

Well I suppose there you have it. They saw a bunch of brown people waving red and green and didn't think to check it was India.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
God most of you people are paranoid on here. I mean, are they seriously going to waste the time it takes to actually take over the country by making fake videos to win hearts and minds?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

I don't see the relevance of what you wrote.

I didn't pay attention because I am not interested. Now I am interested because of the fostering of lies and speculation being gobbled up as truth without a second thought.

I say again. You say that they upper people are in control. You also say that the media requires viewers for income. I say that people don't find it important, and not even the rebels are taking this seriously.

So I ask again, Where is the connection between people not finding it important and the need to go to such bewildering lengths to lie over something not important?

"You also say that the media requires viewers for income."

NOPE, never said that ! ... see what I mean ?

"I say that people don't find it important"

now you tell me,
your first comments were just the opposite, weren't they now ?

"So I ask again, Where is the connection between people not finding it important and the need to go to such bewildering lengths to lie over something not important?"

Sorry, I havn't the slightest idea....Oh wait, yes I do !
They make money whether you watch it or not !!
!!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

uhh.

Originally posted by xuenchen

Wheeew!

The news agencies are paid by advertisers.

The big advertisers have agencies that dictate content of programming.

The news companies are owned by huge corporations.

They all make money from news productions.

And SAY WHAT ?

"Libya is unimportant" ????
Then WHY ARE they "going to these lengths" ????

?? Ron Paul has absolutely nothing to do with these faked-up videos !!!
??

Libya IS important to these guys !!!

edit on Aug-25-2011 by xuenchen because: Stay

Yea, you did.

your first comments were just the opposite, weren't they now

Not really.

Sorry, I havn't the slightest idea....Oh wait, yes I do ! They make money whether you watch it or not !!!!

Actually they don't. And if they did, they'd never go beyond reporting paper news on a desk in an office like in the 50s. There is no reason to go to these lengths if they get money either way. I mean if you're going to make a silly claim, at least don't damn it with your own defense.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by occrest
I've seen this movie before! Wait a minute....What was the name....with Dustin Hoffman...

WAG THE DOG!

This behavior is sickening and despicable!! I am going to let as many people know about this as i can. This news HAS to get out!!

Wish I could give you more than one star!

Wag the Dog.....rent it if you don't know what this means!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Btw, the palm tree thing. I think that picture is probably really old. I found with a quick search two high quality images which are quite recent that dont show it either.

As for the decoration. I want to see the original.

[Edit to add]
Few more. After all this flagging I'm the first one to actually look into this???

edit on 25/8/2011 by PsykoOps because: added few more

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Yea, I can barely make out the decoration in the crappy frame where it claims its not there.

I think thus just proves it actually was real.

EDIT

Think I found the video for you.

digitaljournal.com...
edit on 25-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Wow the ignorance of people on this site is just unreal.

Some member posts supposed proof of fake footage and such and you all just fall all over yourselves, patting each other on the back and basically congratulating one another on a job well done.

Have any of you actually took the time to research this yourselves?

You do know this should be in the hoax forum..because everything that was claimed is absolute rubbish.

I find it hard to believe they call us sheeple....when it is obvious who the true sheeple are....

You all claim to know a little more than the general public....when all you get on here is hearsay and gossip...it is the National Enquirer, with a little bit of the Weekly World News, of the paranormal.

A few members are well informed and I have no ill will towards you...it is threads like this which are based on opinion and not fact that get my blood boiling.....God do they assume everything is a conspiracy...a lot of you need to get out more.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Yea, you did.

Where, copy and paste the Words.
not what's in your head please.

I think I understand now.

Actually they don't. And if they did, they'd never go beyond reporting paper news on a desk in an office like in the 50s. There is no reason to go to these lengths if they get money either way. I mean if you're going to make a silly claim, at least don't damn it with your own defense.

Man, I don't understand at all. Sorry.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join