It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Busted!! fake news on libya- movie sets, fake videos and pics, death threats to journalists

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I always got a kick out of this photo (possibly from a video).

from the 2008 Islamabad Marriott Hotel bombing.

what do we see here ???

some say this was a Mossad false flag.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Thankyou for posting this ... I am so confused with the differing opinions about why we are attacking Libya. My gut feeling is its all about our corporate interests in their country. This made it a little clearer for me.

If the shoe was on the other foot and they were attacking us .. bombing our water/electric supply, killing our children, desroying our society and infrastucture - would you be supportive of that foriegn force?
I doubt it.
Gadafi had the right ideas - he made his little corner of Africa a good place to live. Ive lived in Africa, and its a backward, poverty stricken place, Ok he was no saint .... but were his crimes any worse than some of the cruelty and injustices in the Uk , or in any other western country? I doubt it.
This war ... in our name ... is about power and money and control.
And we sit behind our televisions and computer screens watching the game play.
I wish I had a big bad army to make it all stop.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by katseyes

Thankyou for posting this ... I am so confused with the differing opinions about why we are attacking Libya. My gut feeling is its all about our corporate interests in their country. This made it a little clearer for me.

If the shoe was on the other foot and they were attacking us .. bombing our water/electric supply, killing our children, desroying our society and infrastucture - would you be supportive of that foriegn force?
I doubt it.
Gadafi had the right ideas - he made his little corner of Africa a good place to live. Ive lived in Africa, and its a backward, poverty stricken place, Ok he was no saint .... but were his crimes any worse than some of the cruelty and injustices in the Uk , or in any other western country? I doubt it.
This war ... in our name ... is about power and money and control.
And we sit behind our televisions and computer screens watching the game play.
I wish I had a big bad army to make it all stop.

Thanks katseyes. I really appreciate your kind words as I sit here feeling broken hearted at what I am seeing going on. How does one stop such insanity?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
To be honest. I dont think you or I or any ordinary citizen of our world can do anything about it. I have tears iny eyes and sadness in my heart as I write this.I believe that unless we all come together to oppose our leaders,our governments who are supposed to represent our opinions , then nothing will ever change. War will be made in our names . using our taxes and young men... our sons,brothers and fathers will die horrible, pointless deaths for corporate greed and profit.
How do we say no more?

Protest?
How dare we now we could be labelled a "terrorist"

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Mahdi Darius Nazemroaya (Canadian), after arriving safely in Malta, speaks of his experience and describes the NATO intervention as collective massacre.

and from Canada:

edit on 5-9-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
This is a radio interview with Thierry Meyssan (French), after arriving safely back.

He states categorically that Libya was attacked by NATO.

edit on 5-9-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Nothing new, the United States government has been faking footage/news for 65+ years now in one form or another. Great thread, thank you for taking the time to put this together.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
From what I can see, the original pictures discussed in the OP do not show anything conclusive at all.

I stopped reading after 15 odd pages since so many chose to ignore the posts showing that more than likely nothing was faked.

The decorations seen in the old photos are in fact visible albeit worn and not as prominent.

Everyone saying "ATS has gone down the drain lately" simply because something they say gets questioned or even debunked are obviously forgetting the sites motto

Which ever side of the fence you sit on, do not let your emotions get the better of you or you will find yourself following something blindly.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

There is another way you can confirm this Disinformational bent by the media. A lot of western journalists were locked up in a hotel by the Libyans because, according to the Libyans, they were tired of the lies they were spreading. Misrepresenting their cause and their achievements. The press cried foul and stated they were being held hostage by the Libyans in order to prevent the truth from coming out. Its a connect the dot add to your post about the staged reports coming from the "front".

Personally, I enjoyed watching the reports on CNN with tongue in cheek. Quick bits of video showing "fighting" would usually depict a few AK toting civillian dressed men and (boys even) in a rabble , shooting in all directions; up in the air, down a street. Or AA guns on back of Pickup trucks sitting in the open in broad daylight, firing quick bursts skyward like they were shooting down the Libyan Air Force or something. And yet, no jet noise was audible on tape. If a real jet came by (NATO) everyone would scatter like rabbits, including the Journalists.

This is an old trick used by The Media to support their viewpoint. They have done this since film was invented. If you want some action, make up your own by spreading a few dollars around to some locals and tell them to fake it. My favorite un staged press interview was the one where the the news lady was suddenly interrupted by loud gunfire from a heavy flak gun and she asked a local to tell why they were shooting at that building over there. He said that that was a government bulding and those people were trying to break in to loot it.

I was rolling on the floor. So, a lot of the local gangs had nothing to do with the real battles being waged just over the horizon but had taken advantage of the confusion and chaos to get a hold of some weapons and go around using them as crow bars to loot the city. Now , I believe that. Of course the real looting of the countries resources has yet to begin by the WPO, World Pirate Organization, i,e., US Military and its allies, Nato and World Corporations.

Multi Phase Operation... next Phase: Occupation of Libya by "Western Interests" as the media calls them, and exploitation of the population and the vast mineral and oil resources. Anyone who resists will be labeled Al Quieda and a "terrorist" and dealt with summarily. The expense bill for the fighting will be footed by taxpayers and the corporate coffers will grow fat on the spoils.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
this thread is just so appalling - guys if you do not believe that change can happen simply because the people make it happen - you are creating a world of no hope.

Yes Tripoli is free now and Brega also is free now and the people are very happy here, only still three cities now under pro-Gaddafi and the people re safering in that cities ( i hope to be free in next few days) .

mybe you confused what happened in libya and to understand that we need to drink cup of cafe on TRIPOLI beautiful beach,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but very shortly GADDAFI is very bad man he killed his people he control libya 42years, libya is very rich country but GADDAFI destroyed it.

People here looking for Freedom only to be free no other thing, but Gaddafi started and killed them he pushed all heavy weapons and troops to kill ,,, really he is very crazy.

some media says rebels????? But these are all the people these re the voice of the street All Libyan go down to street for their rights it was revolution it was peace revolution. but the reaction from gaddafi was horribel he push the people to carried Guns and become volutoinarieres.

received from Libya - yesterday

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

While this is despicable, who will stand up and fight this?

No one...?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

hey psychokops , when are you going to provide spectral analysis of your beloved al jazeera fakes.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
You first. We already did better than you and posted the full video where that single frame was taken. You only stated your opinion that it is sunset without any evidence that would be even close to your own standards to support it. So

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Fake as the NEWS saying Americans Fear a new Attack on the 10 year anniversary of 9/11.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66
this thread is just so appalling - guys if you do not believe that change can happen simply because the people make it happen - you are creating a world of no hope.

Yes Tripoli is free now and Brega also is free now and the people are very happy here, only still three cities now under pro-Gaddafi and the people re safering in that cities ( i hope to be free in next few days) .

mybe you confused what happened in libya and to understand that we need to drink cup of cafe on TRIPOLI beautiful beach,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but very shortly GADDAFI is very bad man he killed his people he control libya 42years, libya is very rich country but GADDAFI destroyed it.

People here looking for Freedom only to be free no other thing, but Gaddafi started and killed them he pushed all heavy weapons and troops to kill ,,, really he is very crazy.

some media says rebels????? But these are all the people these re the voice of the street All Libyan go down to street for their rights it was revolution it was peace revolution. but the reaction from gaddafi was horribel he push the people to carried Guns and become volutoinarieres.

received from Libya - yesterday

Nice Fake Quote

Gaddafi forces didnt started the shooting or setting the banks on fire in benghazi on Feb17

Benghazi- Rebels storm a local army base and force the soldiers at gunpoint to give up there tanks and weapons

Quryna reports that rebels storm and overtaken a prison in Benghazi,freeing 1,000 nonpolitical prisoners

According to Reuters "Protesters in the port city of Benghazi chanted slogans demanding the resignation of prime misnter Baghdadi Al-Mahmoudi. There were no immediate reports of demonstrations agaisnt Gaddafi

42years, libya is very rich country but GADDAFI destroyed it

Really now Gaddafi destroyed it? after 42 years of helping libyans build homes and giving women more rights?
and the water project Gaddafi was working on?

People here looking for Freedom only to be free no other thing,
Sorry but there is no real freedom in democracy, a democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.

just like here in the west.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
You wish it was a fake quote.

Would you like the one about Gaddafi chucking his war wounded into the sea from the conflict he created in Chad rather than admit to his people he was being defeated? Great guy - the people loved him - BECAUSE THEY WERE TOO FRIGHTENED TO DO ANYTHING ELSE.

Good grief - these poor people have been living in reality the life that many on this site live in dire fear of and you can't even congratulate them when they break free.

I'll take my info from my long term friend who lives in Benghazi - you can keep your unfortunate fourth hand haverings to yourself.
edit on 12-9-2011 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

This appears to be a much older photo of the square - see the '50's-ish car? The bulk of the vehicles appear from the 60's? And the horse/donkey drawn carts? A palm tree that may not have been there for a number of years?

Yet this image is one of the images being used to compare to the Al-Jezeera images? This image looks like it was taken a LONG TIME AGO.

Good analysis. I totally agree and it shows that those that fell for it didn't to any research, but just accepted the 'palm tree' image as being representative of how the gates to the old city and green square should look like.

There were plenty of images that they could have used. For example on Flickr and other photo hosting sites.

The Palm Trees are the key to the age of the images. It was quite clear that over the years the number of Palm Trees declined. The oldest image that I could find was circa 1935. That leads up to images taken in the last decade that show that the Palm Trees had been removed. If the compiler of the comparison images had been honest then he/she would have used a recent image.

Image from 2008

It is quite clear that the Palm Tree was long gone.

www.flickr.com...

Image from 2006

www.flickr.com...

Travel blog from 2007 - No Palm Tree

www.travbuddy.com...

There was a Palm Tree up to 1985

www.panoramio.com...

From an old postcard - note Palm Tree? Also note that this is one of the original images used to highlight 'fakery'. They have purposely stretched the image to give the illusion of high arches. The image shows this not to be the case.

3.bp.blogspot.com...

From

post-card-diary.blogspot.com...

Old image

static.panoramio.com...

The oldest image I could find circa 1935 - Palm trees were there back then and extended in a line outwards. It is quite clear that over the years the Palm Trees were removed leading
up to the last decade where they didn't appear in images. The image being used is quite clearly old and there is no justification in using it other than to purposely deceive.

www.flickr.com...

www.flickr.com...

TJ

edit on 12-9-2011 by tommyjo because: Additional info added

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by varikonniemi

Quite clearly you haven't read the thread. See following post.

See the image from 2011 from tripadvisor.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 12-9-2011 by tommyjo because: Link corrected

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kellaris

Just check it out and watch the news. Whenever you see rebels (or anyone else) with flames coming out of their barrels, you know they're firing blank ammo...

Sorry, but you can't make that analysis from a still image. You got stars because people want to believe that footage is being faked in relation to rebels in Libya. If it was video footage then you could make that analysis, but you have no way of knowing where in the gun cycle the photographer took the image. You are simply going on the lack of smoke in a still image. That is just a guess. Try presenting video footage if you can find it?

TJ

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drew99GT
Where's the square indented into the stone above the center arch, and the line that looks like an "M" above it? If that's the real green square in Tripoli, shouldn't those be there???

Those disappeared simply because of video compression? No way in hell!
edit on 28-8-2011 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

Did you actually take the time to read through the thread? See first image at following post. Even in the video you can see the impression of the centre of the square in the stone.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

TJ

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join